WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Postby leveller on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Big George wrote:Hi Leveller,

The plans is to get a fully elected committee in place at/by the end of the season. We're just working through the best way to do ensure the widest possible participation.

If anyone wants to get involved please shout, we're looking for people from all parts of the support with all sorts of views on the club.

Thanks for the reply George, I'll give you a PM when I get the chance.
leveller

Postby PC Hammer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:47 pm

HeadHammerShark wrote: One point re WHUISA - Paul's write up doesn't really capture any detail from the meeting beyond saying (as I am) that there are a lot of people there supposedly representing supporters without much mandate. That's fine but it does mean the only minutes that exist are the clubs version. Are they accurate?

I have prepared a further post for publication today on the meeting. Apologies for delay in getting this out but a number of factors have caused this.
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:00 pm

leveller wrote:No problem but please confirm that any new committee posts will be ratified and elected by members.
Still waiting for your comment on this PC Hammer.

Sorry Leveller been snowed under.

The constitution allows for the interim committee (IC) to co-opt people onto the committee. However this is not something that is done lightly. In answer to your question anything that would change the make up of the IC would be communicated to the members and their views sought,.

However since the SAB meeting the IC has reassessed itself. The feeling is that we need to begin to widen our net so to speak so WHUISA is representative of the West Ham fan base. We are also mindful that formal elections need to be held.

2 disabled people have contacted me and have offered to research the disability side of things. They are preparing a document outlining issues / solutions around this subject and will present to us when they can. I think this is a positive step forward but can confirm that they have not been co-opted onto the committee.

I hope this helps.
PC Hammer

Postby leveller on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:25 pm

PC Hammer wrote:Sorry Leveller been snowed under.

No problem, fully understand you all have other commitments.

PC Hammer wrote:The constitution allows for the interim committee (IC) to co-opt people onto the committee. However this is not something that is done lightly. In answer to your question anything that would change the make up of the IC would be communicated to the members and their views sought,.

I'll respond to this bit privately as I don't want to fill the thread with constitutional discussions.

PC Hammer wrote:However since the SAB meeting the IC has reassessed itself. The feeling is that we need to begin to widen our net so to speak so WHUISA is representative of the West Ham fan base. We are also mindful that formal elections need to be held.

As I've said to George I fully agree that the committee, and WHUISA itself, should aim to be representative of the fanbase in everyway possible.

PC Hammer wrote:2 disabled people have contacted me and have offered to research the disability side of things. They are preparing a document outlining issues / solutions around this subject and will present to us when they can. I think this is a positive step forward but can confirm that they have not been co-opted onto the committee.

Certainly it is a positive step forward. So long as all members that wish to stand for a committee position each have an equally fair chance of winning an election (I'm not saying they don't) then you have my full support on this.
leveller

Postby PC Hammer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:23 pm

leveller wrote: So long as all members that wish to stand for a committee position each have an equally fair chance of winning an election (I'm not saying they don't) then you have my full support on this.

Yes all members who wish to stand for a committee position will have the opportunity to apply, canvas, take part in hustings and hope for the best.
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:38 pm

As promised further details about the SAB meeting on 24/01/2017 have now been posted on the WHUISA website.

Please go to http://www.whuisa.org
PC Hammer

Postby sanchoz on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Claret & Hugh and West Ham till I die survey on the OS (and supported by WHUISA) can be found at the hyperlink below:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/7QC93Q2

More details here:

http://www.claretandhugh.info/take-the- ... tionnaire/
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:18 pm

Yep, Just completed the link Paul sent us. Thought one or two of the questions were either a bit dubious or badly worded - be interesting to see the results.
DaveWHU1964

Postby Kialos on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:11 am

Yeah, I thought the same but answered best I could.
Kialos

Postby dodger on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Agree that the questions/possible answers weren't the best. Seemed skewed towards making more positive statements about the club to me.

For example, often there were two positive answers, one negative and one 'average'. I sometimes put 'average'. I wonder if answers like that will be skewed as an endorsement of the board/stadium? For what it's worth, if there were two negative options, average, plus two positive options I'd probably opt for the less strong negative option for things like the board's performance. I also think it would be fairer that way.

Still, should be OK as long as the results are reported in full.
dodger

Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Postby aaronhammer on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Agree with dodger that the results should be available in full to add clarity and no spin with groupings.

Wgilts there were a couple of questions I thought could be worded better/split out, it is good to have this survey to see what is a common theme.
aaronhammer

Postby Nesticles on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Rather sceptical, but completed the survey

Judging from the parties involved, can sense this will lead towards favouring the stadium move

Unless all results are published in full, this was a waste of time
Nesticles

Postby PC Hammer on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:27 pm

Were those that mentioned it happy that the results were published in full...?
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:46 am

Hi All
Preparations are under way for our meeting at the Hammers Supporters Club in Castle Street from 11am on Saturday 8th April ahead of the Swansea home match. We hope to see as many of you there as possible.

We will be reporting back on the progress of the association so far and be looking forward to the future. As mentioned previously we will be starting the process of formal elections and look forward to members putting themselves up for helping in a more formal way. The more committee members we have the more the work / jobs can be shared around so no-one is under too much pressure.

We are particularly looking for younger members to throw their hat into the ring while we do have at least 2 people who expressed an interest to represent our disabled / ambulant disabled fans.

We have 650 members at present which exceeded our expectations. Thanks to all who have joined we really appreciate your backing. However we do need more to push on. I would be grateful if each member was able to persuade / cajole a fellow Hammer who is not a current member to sign up so we can make 1,000 members by the end of the season.

Further to the stadium survey for which we thank the almost 300 members who responded we, as members of the FSF, have been requested to ask our members to do the following survey based mainly around away fans. The FSF do a lot of good work for away fans and this will help shape future campaigns.

https://surveymonkey.com/r/away-fans-2016-17

A meeting was scheduled with the club for earlier this month but the majority of our committee members
were unable to attend to due to work commitments. We have requested another date with the club and are awaiting their response. We shall be in touch with further updates.

If any of you have any questions / points to raise please do so and we shall get on with it.

Always West Ham

WHUISA Interim Committee.
PC Hammer

Postby mywhufc on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:21 pm

Meeting this saturday at the supporters club, all welcome
mywhufc

Postby PC Hammer on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Great stuff...who is the player meant to be - i have always wondered...???
PC Hammer

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:44 pm

PC Hammer wrote:Great stuff...who is the player meant to be - i have always wondered...???

Always thought it was Alan Taylor but I've not checked dates.
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby mywhufc on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:12 pm

I’ve aways thought it was Pat Holland after scoring against Hereford.
The programme cover comes from the 1977-78 season
mywhufc

Postby PC Hammer on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Patsy Holland is my neighbour - i shall ask him !!! And let you know...unless someone beats me to it... :scarfer:
PC Hammer

Postby mywhufc on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:49 pm

bored so I’ve done research
i think this is it, second goal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CukesRqyqn8
mywhufc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion