WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Postby mushy on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:38 pm

Yes, and just remembered they dropped off those that wanted to at Redbridge Tube on the way home, at least half got off.
You would have thought they would have it as a pick-up point as well.
mushy

Postby Kialos on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:18 pm

A pick up at Redbridge would certainly help, plenty of parking close by and easy access to A406/M11/M25 or A13/M25/ crossing depending on where the game is.
Kialos

Postby Big George on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:39 am

Kialos wrote:A pick up at Redbridge would certainly help, plenty of parking close by and easy access to A406/M11/M25 or A13/M25/ crossing depending on where the game is.

Is there anyone who travels on away coaches who wishes to put themselves forward to work with WHUISA?
Big George

Postby Kialos on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:43 pm

I don't use them anymore for the reasons I stated a page back. I don't think I have anything to add to what I have already posted on this thread TBH but if you want me to put it in an email or letter I can.
Kialos

Postby Kialos on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:43 pm

I'll see of my friends who do use them are in WHUISA
Last edited by Kialos on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kialos

Postby mushy on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Quite happy to add my contribution if required.
mushy

Postby PC Hammer on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:33 pm

WHUISA attended end of season policing event at Met Police HQ tonight. Members points were raised and a summary will follow shortly.

Amanda Jacks of the FSF spoke for us all in thanking the Met for all their efforts in the light of the recent terror attacks and dealing with the tragedy in West London.
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Big Rises for Kids tickets next season?

Last week the club announced the prices for season tickets for on the waiting list. These including inflation busting rises for adult tickets compared to those renewing , however what really stood out was the
doubling or even tripling of the price of child tickets in bands 1-3 compared to the prices being by renewing season ticket holders this season.

Given that at the Boleyn, the prices for new season ticket holders was an excellent guide to renewal prices for the following year, last week WHUISA wrote to Tara Warren (Director of Marketing) and Nicola Keye (Head of Ticketing).

We asked whether they could guarantee that “founder” child season ticket holders won’t face doubling or tripling of the price of their ticket next year.

At the time of going to press i received a phone call from Tara warren who stated the club have replied to me. I am searching my database at present.

Meanwhile, here’s a reminder of our joint chairmen’s quotes at the time
the price freeze for 2017-18’s season tickets was announced.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... t-chairmen

“When London Stadium became our new home last summer, we were adamant that
the move should benefit our most loyal supporters.

“We promised to provide affordable Premier League football for our 52,000
founding Season Ticket Holders, and that promise is ongoing.

WHUISA awaits to see whether that ongoing promise will be honoured for those with child tickets.

For a copy of the letter sent to West Ham please visit http://www.whuisa.org
PC Hammer

Postby Big George on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:47 pm

This is something we sent out to WHUISA members this morning. Interested in hearing your thoughts

PC Hammer wrote:Big Rises for Kids tickets next season?

Last week the club announced the prices for season tickets for on the waiting list. These including inflation busting rises for adult tickets compared to those renewing , however what really stood out was the
doubling or even tripling of the price of child tickets in bands 1-3 compared to the prices being by renewing season ticket holders this season.

Given that at the Boleyn, the prices for new season ticket holders was an excellent guide to renewal prices for the following year, last week WHUISA wrote to Tara Warren (Director of Marketing) and Nicola Keye (Head of Ticketing).

We asked whether they could guarantee that “founder” child season ticket holders won’t face doubling or tripling of the price of their ticket next year.

At the time of going to press i received a phone call from Tara warren who stated the club have replied to me. I am searching my database at present.

Meanwhile, here’s a reminder of our joint chairmen’s quotes at the time
the price freeze for 2017-18’s season tickets was announced.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... t-chairmen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“When London Stadium became our new home last summer, we were adamant that
the move should benefit our most loyal supporters.

“We promised to provide affordable Premier League football for our 52,000
founding Season Ticket Holders, and that promise is ongoing.

WHUISA awaits to see whether that ongoing promise will be honoured for those with child tickets.

For a copy of the letter sent to West Ham please visit http://www.whuisa.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big George

Postby Big George on Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:04 pm

All WHUISA members should have an email in their inbox about elections to the committee. The plan is to have a properly constituted elected committee in place by the start of the season. Anyone who has been a member of WHUISA for at least a month can put themselves forward.

We welcome nominations from all members of our support both in terms of whether you are STH of not but also in terms of age, gender, race, creed, sexuality etc :crest:
Big George

Postby sanchoz on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:36 pm

As the 15th July is the deadline for putting yourself forward for nomination, is there enough time to hire a spin doctor? :wink:
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Big George on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:45 pm

sanchoz wrote:As the 15th July is the deadline for putting yourself forward for nomination, is there enough time to hire a spin doctor? :wink:

Not sure that will be strictly necessary

Put your hand up if you fancy getting involved, if there's any issue with nominations, get in touch and we will sort it.
Big George

Postby PC Hammer on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:19 am

After we sent out our previous note on child STH prices from 2018 onwards we received a call from the club where they said that they had replied to our original email. We haven’t received a reply but they have promised to resend the original. In that conversation with a senior club executive…

The club says …

The new pricing is part of the ‘strategy for the stadium’ which is designed to maximise revenue from the 57,000 supporters to enable West Ham to compete at the highest level.

The new pricing strategy will “help like-minded people be in the appropriate place”

They say the £99 tickets were abused last season and this is a way of rectifying this situation.

They also said as all other clubs get TV money as well the club wants to push home its advantage of having 57,000 seats to maximise its revenues.
The club does not want to lose out on signing top players with having low prices / not having appropriately priced tickets in premium areas.

Bands 1-3 are the “premium areas” referred to.

On prices for 2018/19 and whether Child prices for founders could triple…

The club says it will always favour / protect its loyal founders and so prices are frozen for them for renewing for 2017-18. They went on to say do not take the new prices for the tickets made available to those on the waiting list as a blueprint for 2018-19 as this has not been discussed at all yet.

All views / opinions on the price structure for 2018-19 will be sought & considered as the season progresses.

What does It all mean?

For us that is a not denial that child tickets in what the club now calls the “Premium” bands could double or triple for next season putting real pressure on stretched family budgets .

We say this since at the Boleyn, season tickets were normally sold in a way where the price for new STHs was a good indication for renewal prices for the following year.

We asked for an unequivocal statement that these prices won’t be applied for 2018-19 season but we didn’t get it.

We will continue to feedback your views to the club.

It also means that there will be two tier pricing for next season which we believe is unfair. Considering the significant increase in TV money from this year this is something that should not have happened. For example two kids could be sitting next to each other in a band 1 area where one parent has paid £99 for their child’s ticket, the other £300. How fair is that?

WHUISA believe i would have been best for all STH to be paying the same prices year on year and there is still time for the club to do this. Treat us equally – we are all West Ham fans.

WHUISA is happy to engage with the club, in consulting with members and offer the opinions of loyal fans ahead of any major changes for supporters.

Follow us on Twitter @WHUISA2017

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/WHUISA/

Always West Ham

WHUISA Interim Committee
PC Hammer

Postby e1hammer on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 am

Good work WHUISA!

This is the funniest thing I've read for a while, "They say the £99 tickets were abused last season and this is a way of rectifying this situation."

A situation they created, were completely complicit in and now are using it as a way to raise extra money. I'm not saying they weren't abused but they created this mess and now genuine supporters are going to be fleeced or moved for toffs and tourists to Band 4/5. :lol:

What have we become?
e1hammer

Postby B'WoodBob on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:28 am

PC Hammer wrote:The club does not want to lose out on signing top players with having low prices / not having appropriately priced tickets in premium areas.

Bands 1-3 are the “premium areas” referred to.

If Band 3 tickets are in the premium areas why did the club sell them on a match by match basis at the same price as Band 4:

http://www.whufc.com/tickets/tickets-in ... lan-prices

The only people that paid a 'premium' for Band 3 were Season Ticket Holders who paid more than Band 4 Season Ticket Holders. On a match by match basis there was no differential between Band 3 and Band 4.

I'd like to say you couldn't make this stuff up, but they do on a regular basis
B'WoodBob

Postby wildkard on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:41 am

Great. Looks like this season coming will be the last for my two kids. Or at least one of them anyway.

Would be better if they put something in place based on number of times the kids tickets were actually used by the kids. If they attend a decent percentage of games they keep their £99 seats. If not, you can renew but at 350 quid or whatever it ends up being.
wildkard

Postby mushy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:27 pm

The new pricing is part of the ‘strategy for the stadium’ which is designed to maximise revenue from the 57,000 supporters to enable West Ham to compete at the highest level.
But the sales pitch for moving to the new gaff was 'affordable football'. That has lasted one whole year.

They also said as all other clubs get TV money as well the club wants to push home its advantage of having 57,000 seats to maximise its revenues.
The club does not want to lose out on signing top players with having low prices / not having appropriately priced tickets in premium areas.

Same argument they used for trying to renegade on the season ticket loyalty discount scheme when they took over.

On prices for 2018/19 and whether Child prices for founders could triple…

The club says it will always favour / protect its loyal founders and so prices are frozen for them for renewing for 2017-18.

Bull c*ap

All views / opinions on the price structure for 2018-19 will be sought & considered as the season progresses.
And ignored

It also means that there will be two tier pricing for next season which we believe is unfair. Considering the significant increase in TV money from this year this is something that should not have happened. For example two kids could be sitting next to each other in a band 1 area where one parent has paid £99 for their child’s ticket, the other £300. How fair is that?
The club will react to allegations of unfairness by making the kids seats the same price, this is only going to go one way.
having said that I believe this tripling of kids prices for new season ticket holders is a high water mark designed as a bargaining tool, I reckon that come the time they will say that have listened to the fans and 'reduced' the kids season tickets from £299 to £199. Effectively it will double the cost.
It has Brady sales bollox written all over it.

WHUISA believe i would have been best for all STH to be paying the same prices year on year and there is still time for the club to do this. Treat us equally – we are all West Ham fans.
They will eventually, at the higher cost, careful what you wish for.
WHUISA is happy to engage with the club, in consulting with members and offer the opinions of loyal fans ahead of any major changes for supporters.
mushy

Postby PC Hammer on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:39 pm

mushy wrote: WHUISA believe i would have been best for all STH to be paying the same prices year on year and there is still time for the club to do this. Treat us equally – we are all West Ham fans.
They will eventually, at the higher cost, careful what you wish for.

There should not have been a price differential for the new season ticket holders this year. Instead they come on board at the same prices as the founders have. We then have a level playing field as we did last season.

Next season for renewals and new STH either all prices stay the same again, they all go up or, with relegation, there is a reduction.

Income from fans is absolutely nowhere near where it was a few years ago with the TV money now coming in.

The club should amend their pricing structure for this coming season immediately.
PC Hammer

Postby Kialos on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:47 pm

So much for the affordable family football claims that were used in the stadium bidding process

As for

No **** Sherlock. Have they only just realised that?

It will be the senior tickets next.
Kialos

Postby YorksHammer on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:04 pm

How many season tickets are in each band? Thinking about it realistically, bands 1, 2 and 3 are relatively tiny - Band 1 is, what, 20 blocks? Band 2 is about 8. Band 3 is roughly 27/28? How many of those season tickets are actually going to be sold to new buyers? I'd imagine a low percentage. Let's argue it's 10%, given the renewal rate just touched above 90% based on the club's own news.

Now, if I'm right, the price of an adult Band 1 ticket is up by £50, Band 2 is up by £40, and Band 3 is up by £30. Under 16s are up by £201, £151, and £101. I'm going to ignore concessions for ease of maths.

How many kids are going to be in those blocks? For arguments sake, let's say each adult has an U-16 - that's most likely a huge overestimate, but I would assume any single U-16 entering the stadium would need an adult accompanying them. So 50% of those tickets go to kids, and 50% to adults.

So, if we say that, in a 57,000 seater stadium of 92 blocks each block averages 620 seats.

Above I estimated:

20 blocks for Band 1 = 12,400 seats
8 blocks for Band 2 = 4,960 seats
28 blocks for Band 3 = 17,360 seats

10% of those is 1,240, 496, and 1,736 for bands 1,2 and 3.

Half of those to U-16s, half to adults. So the money raised is:

Band 1 - £124,620
Band 2 - £37,448
Band 3 - £87,668

So, based on what I think might well be conservative estimates these price rises account for £250,000 extra a year.

I really hope four weeks of Andy Carroll's wages help us compete at the highest level.
YorksHammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion