WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Postby Kialos on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Thinking that the numbers of seats in bands 1-3 in relation to the total number of seats available is relatively tiny is seriously flawed.
Kialos

Postby fjthegrey on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:28 pm

It doesn't really matter how you cut it though - even if you were to say Yorks estimates are off the mark by 10x - the amount of money we are talking about doesn't make any difference to our potential transfer dealings.
fjthegrey

Postby sanchoz on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:37 pm

fjthegrey wrote:It doesn't really matter how you cut it though - even if you were to say Yorks estimates are off the mark by 10x - the amount of money we are talking about doesn't make any difference to our potential transfer dealings.

West Ham’s co-chairman, David Sullivan, left no doubt about the importance of that extra money to his side. “It’s vitally important,” he told The Daily Telegraph. “We budget to finish 10th. If we finish lower than 10th, we have a hole in our finances which impacts on our ability to buy players and pay players’ wages next season.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... orth-100m/
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby fjthegrey on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Yeah, I think that quote is total jive for a few reasons.

Firstly, I don't believe for a second our owners budget to finish 10th. They just aren't the type of people to expect us to finish in an above average position (if you consider our historical finishing positions) and to arrange our finances according to those hopes.

Secondly, things aren't so financially tight that a shortfall of less than £2mil would result in drastic changes to our business plan. They just aren't. Yes, I believe we do have to cut our cloth accordingly when it comes to offering players big contracts, and there is a necessity for a sensible and structured financial model for player recruitment, but it doesn't all hinge on missing out on less than £2mil of income.
fjthegrey

Postby Kialos on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:52 pm

fjthegrey wrote:It doesn't really matter how you cut it though - even if you were to say Yorks estimates are off the mark by 10x - the amount of money we are talking about doesn't make any difference to our potential transfer dealings.

I agree that even with the right figures the amounts we are talking about are unlikely to be significant in the big scheme of things but it is always best to try and be accurate as can be.
Kialos

Postby YorksHammer on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:09 pm

You're right, and I'd like to be more accurate than that, but for a rough demonstration of how little money the change is going to bring it it'll do. And as FJ says, even if you up it by 10x it's still only £2.5m. Relatively peanuts.

Kialos wrote:Thinking that the numbers of seats in bands 1-3 in relation to the total number of seats available is relatively tiny is seriously flawed.

But the estimates I've put place the bands 1-3 seats at 34,720, so leaving only 22,280 seats in Bands 4-5 and the 1966. So I'm actualy saying there are more seats in those three bands in relation to the total numbers of seats available than there are in the other three bands - which I would expect to be an overestimate rather than under estimate, especially as some of them are kind of 'half blocks', such as above the corporate bits.

Anyway, I was just trying to put a number on the gain from the price increase.

Meanwhile, a team like Dortmund charge our Band 3 price for their Band 1 (Bundesliga only) tickets.
YorksHammer

Postby sanchoz on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:10 pm

fjthegrey wrote:Yeah, I think that quote is total jive for a few reasons.

Firstly, I don't believe for a second our owners budget to finish 10th. They just aren't the type of people to expect us to finish in an above average position (if you consider our historical finishing positions) and to arrange our finances according to those hopes.

Secondly, things aren't so financially tight that a shortfall of less than £2mil would result in drastic changes to our business plan. They just aren't. Yes, I believe we do have to cut our cloth accordingly when it comes to offering players big contracts, and there is a necessity for a sensible and structured financial model for player recruitment, but it doesn't all hinge on missing out on less than £2mil of income.

Totally agree. The public statements from the likes of the majority shareholder about holes in wage/transfer budgets due to finishing 11th rather then 10th are a stretch.

The club has TV money, of which £30m is secured against pay day loans (lets see if they take another one this coming season) to run the day to day business of the football club. The rest of the TV money and money earned from hospitality (which is not paid to the LLDC/Newham as part of the concessionary agreement) should be enough to budget appropriately for player recruitment/retention.
sanchoz

Postby Big George on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:18 pm

I think the issue is the board are motivated by making every single piece of the business as profitable as possible even if it means making decisions that aren't in the best interests of customers.

They come from tight margin industries such as adult entertainment, retail and low circulation newspapers where every penny brought in counts and that's a hard habit to break.

They see us as they would any other business partner, a party from whom the maximum possible cash needs to be squeezed and as little as possible needs to be spent on to maintain receipts at their highest level.

We're not supporters, we're revenue streams. And that includes the kids.
Big George

Postby sanchoz on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Big George wrote:When WHUISA went to the Premier League

George attended the FSF meeting at the Premier League HQ on 24th April.
This was for all official Premier League affiliates if the FSF (of which
WHUISA is the West Ham one). Apologies for the late report, the minutes have only just
arrive, you can read them here.

http://www.whuisa.org/uncategorized/pre ... -25042107/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FIXTURES TV etc

One of the most interesting things was that the clubs Supporters Liaison
Officers have a schedule of when TV matches are going to be announced and
should share this with the fans so that we know when to book tickets etc.
It means we can avoid the situation where hotels/planes/trains are booked
before TV dates are announced. Many were left out of pocket by the move by
the move of the Spurs & Liverpool fixtures. We have asked Jake Heath,
West Ham’s Head SLO about this but we are yet to receive a reply.

Just seen on the OS that WHU put up the following:

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... s-released

Period of matches covered Approx date of announcement
August and September 2017 6 July 2017 (See fixture changes)
October and November 2017 11 August 2017
December 2017 and January 2018 12 October 2017
February 2018 12 December 2017
March 2018 25 January 2018
April 2018 26 February 2018
May 2018 6 April 2018
Matchweek 38 After all clubs have played 37 matches
sanchoz

Postby Big George on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:24 am

sanchoz wrote:
Just seen on the OS that WHU put up the following:

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... s-released" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Period of matches covered Approx date of announcement
August and September 2017 6 July 2017 (See fixture changes)
October and November 2017 11 August 2017
December 2017 and January 2018 12 October 2017
February 2018 12 December 2017
March 2018 25 January 2018
April 2018 26 February 2018
May 2018 6 April 2018
Matchweek 38 After all clubs have played 37 matches

Execellent news, great spot Sanchoz.

It's one of the things we brought up with the club when me and PCHammer paid a visit. Jake Heath, the SLO said he would sort it and he has. Hopefully it will help those travelling for far and wide.
Big George

Postby Big George on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:35 am

Morning, all WHUISA members should have an email in their inbox reminding them that nominations for elections to the committee close on Saturday.

Please reply to that email if you're looking to get involved. We are looking for people to take part from all parts of our support. Young/Old, Male/Female, LGBT/Straight, White/BAME, Season ticket holder or not, you are all welcome.

Of course you need to be a member to vote so http://www.whuisa.org/join-whuisa/

:crest:
Big George

Postby Kialos on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm thinking of throwing my hat in the ring. Only for rank and file spot, no top brass positions :D

Are there any WHUISA members on here who might know me be willing to nominate and second me please?
Kialos

Postby Mega Ron on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:49 pm

I will Kialos.
Mega Ron

Postby Kialos on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Thank you! I will send you a message now. :scarfer:

I just need a seconder please?
Kialos

Postby mywhufc on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Kialos wrote:Thank you! I will send you a message now. :scarfer:

I just need a seconder please?

i second you
mywhufc

Postby Kialos on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Thank you Mr K :scarfer:
Kialos

Postby Big George on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:28 am

Kialos wrote:Thank you Mr K :scarfer:

Hello Kialos.

Send a paragraph about your self and why you want to do it in reply to the email by Saturday.

We have had a blinding response, exciting times ahead
Big George

Postby PC Hammer on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:29 am

Just a gentle reminder that nominations close tomorrow for election to the WHUISA committee.

Thanks to those so far that have offered their help.

The association has survived its re-birth and is now gathering strength in both numbers and experience.

Meeting with other supporters associations and trusts at the FSF summit last week showed how important such organisations are and all concerned at the summit were extremely pleased to see that West Ham now had official representation in the FSF going forward.

Always West Ham
Paul
Joint Chair on behalf of WHUISA Interim Committee.
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 am

Nominations for those wishing to be on the WHUISA committee have now closed.

Thanks to those who have put themselves forward. An initial review shows a strong mix of about a dozen Hammers fans in the frame which will only be good for the future of the association.

The current IC are extremely pleased to see such a high number of our members willing to come on board.

Further details will be published shortly. :scarfer:
PC Hammer

Postby Big George on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:23 am

Ladies and Gentlemen of WHUISA.

You should all have details of the process for elections in your inbox. please respond, it's important there is a mandate for the new committee.

We sent two emails, please respond to the 2nd one sent about 2300 on Saturday night
Big George

Previous

Return to General Discussion