WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Mega Ron on Tue May 15, 2018 10:52 am

I'd rather she kept the column in that case Sloop
Mega Ron

Postby Big George on Fri May 18, 2018 7:24 pm

WHUISA have written a reply to Karren Brady’s column in the Sun last weekend.

https://whuisa.org/news/whuisa-reply-to ... per-column
Big George

Postby pbenjy on Fri May 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Big George wrote:WHUISA have written a reply to Karren Brady’s column in the Sun last weekend.

https://whuisa.org/news/whuisa-reply-to ... per-column" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well put! Are you able to say how many signatures you have on the petition?
pbenjy

Postby simonpaulthomas on Fri May 18, 2018 7:47 pm

The Irons United video chat from the other night made me hopeful that we can start building bridges with other groups. Whilst most of us have known it all along, it’s so obvious that the majority of fans who want change are on the same page, but allowed things to get fractured. I thought Wayne Thurnell came across well, and with any luck WHUISA top bods can hold talks with him and others :scarfer:
simonpaulthomas

Postby Miles Standish Proud on Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Agree with SimonPaulThomas. Both Wayne and Sanchoz spoke well and the debate was calm and conciliatory in tone - a useful exercise and credit to the organisers (Irons United?).

Interestingly Micky Morgan has also posted a contribution on the RWHFs Facebook in which it is clear he is losing patience with his perceived lack of progress on the five points that initially met his satisfaction.

One suspects that the board however, having limped through the last season, will now regroup and get a second wind. Those of us concentrating on the big picture - regime change and a proper football stadium - currently only have the long game to concentrate on.
Miles Standish Proud

Postby Westbourne Bill on Fri May 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Big George wrote:WHUISA have written a reply to Karren Brady’s column in the Sun last weekend.

https://whuisa.org/news/whuisa-reply-to ... per-column" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very good. Well played people.
Westbourne Bill

Postby Dicks' Thunderbolt on Fri May 18, 2018 11:14 pm

Sorry to change the subject briefly but what happened with the waiting list waffle? Are we going to find out how many are on the list? What position we are on that list? I've seen the club are still advertising "pay £10 to be on the season ticket waiting list" with no proof what so ever that the list exists or that you benefit from being on it. Thanks
Dicks' Thunderbolt

Postby Mr_Skid on Fri May 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Any update on the Brady petition?
Mr_Skid

Postby Big George on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:55 pm

WHUISA members should have an email today about elections for the committee taking place this summer. Among other issues, E1 has decided to step down as chairman so new blood welcome.
Big George

Postby Big George on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:32 am

Just a reminder that deadline for nominations for the WHUISA elections is this Sunday.

Members should have an email, please contact info@whuia.org if you haven't received one in the last 24 hours.
Big George

Postby wizzo_66 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:39 am

Big George wrote:Just a reminder that deadline for nominations for the WHUISA elections is this Sunday.

Members should have an email, please contact info@whuia.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if you haven't received one in the last 24 hours.

I've contacted the email several times in the last few months because I haven't received a single email since joining.

I've asked on facebook, twitter and now here. It's fair to say I'm losing the enthusiasm to keep chasing.
wizzo_66

Postby e1hammer on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:53 am

wizzo_66 wrote:I've contacted the email several times in the last few months because I haven't received a single email since joining.

I've asked on facebook, twitter and now here. It's fair to say I'm losing the enthusiasm to keep chasing.

I can't find your email mate - have DM'ed you.
e1hammer

Postby wizzo_66 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:58 am

e1hammer wrote:
I can't find your email mate - have DM'ed you.

I've had a PM from Paul - should be sorted :thup:
wizzo_66

Postby the pink palermo on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:08 pm

So, who are the runners and riders ?

Anyone from here put their name forward ?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby iLoveLasagne on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Don Adams:
I have been an active supporter of the club since 1964 and a season ticket holder since 2002.
During the last year I have served on the West Ham Supporters Advisory Board as the representative
of the over 65 age group.
In 2015 I took part in a five week programme jointly run by West Ham Foundation and a charity
called Friends of the Elderly. I was nominated to run the groups Facebook page called Sporting
Stories West Ham. I have since become a volunteer and attend all the five week programmes. I also
run a monthly meeting for all those that have been on the programme based at East Ham Working
Men’s Club called Any Old Irons.
I have recorded radio and television interviews as well as speaking at launch events at Reading,
Brentwood and QPR.
As a member of the committee I would champion the older supporters and add my knowledge and
experience to help the other committee members maintain a dialog with the club to the benefit of
all the association members.
Malcolm Atkins:
I have been a fan for forty-five years. I have become a season ticket holder this summer. I
occasionally blog for The West Ham Way website. I have been relatively positive about the board
over the years, supporting the stadium move, albeit knowing I would greatly miss Upton Park. The
Burnley game, which I was at was a real low for me, not so much the events but it seemed that fans
were divided as never before which saddens me greatly. I believe the board must now deliver
tangible evidence that they will invest in a team which justifies the stadium move.
The board needs to be more transparent about the stadium issues/future plans/legal battle. The
Board, particularly Karen Brady need to be more aware of the damage done to our reputation
through columns and statements. I believe protests should be carefully considered to ensure no
impact on the team. For me this summer is the time the board simply must deliver. I believe to be
effective the fans need to speak with one voice, I believe the democratic approach of WHUISA
provides the opportunity to truly represent the view of the majority rather than the vocal minority.
Mark Gower:
Season ticket holder in the East Stand with his two daughters. Mark is a disabled supporter who has
campaigned to improve accessibility at the London Stadium since the move. Mark is an academic,
artist and designer.
Kevin Hind:
West Ham runs through my blood. I’m one of several current and former season ticket holders in my
family. Unfortunately I don’t think the Board understands the fans and sees the club in purely
corporate terms. I’m not satisfied with the new stadium partly because our tenancy is too restrictive
and doesn’t enable us to make it a proper home. I want to join the WHUISA committee because
action is better than just complaining.
I could bring the following skills as a committee member:
- I work in the digitisation industry and spend a lot of time working with complex technical
specifications. With this and being a law graduate, I can help you navigate the complexities involved
in (e.g.) trying to get a fan on the board.
- In order to get the best for our club we need to continue dialogue with the Board. This is
better coming from people with cool heads, representing a group with a democratically-elected
committee rather than a rent-a-mob. I’m an elected member of the local town council where I live
and therefore I’m confident in speaking up for the people I represent as well as listening to
alternative points of view.
Ron Legas:
With 6 decades of supporting our team behind me, I have the vigour of men half my age,experience
gained chairing several successful companies, and t
Nigel Kahn:
"I am a lifelong West Ham supporter born in Plaistow, Newham. I am a season ticket holder at the
London Stadium in the West stand Upper Block 217 and previously a season ticket holder in Sir
Trevor Brooking Upper at the Boleyn Ground close to where I grew up and went to school.
I was a founding committee member of WHUISA in 2013 and a founding member of the West Ham
United Supporters Advisory Board in May 2011. I was also a founding member of WHUSVIEW
opposed to the move to the former Olympic Stadium.
I was a regular writer on Gary Firmager's OLAS fanzine and I am now a presenter on the West Ham
podcast MooreThanJustAPodcast.co.uk. I am a keen historian on all things West Ham and have an
established West Ham youtube channel in which I cover Hammers history and other topics about
West Ham which need airing in the public domain.
My aim if elected is to make the WHUISA committee a broad church respecting the views of both
pro and anti board supporters as well promote inclusion of all members on all decisions the
association takes in their name"
Ian Morgan:
Hi my name is Ian Morgan Iv been a West Ham fan since I was born 35 years ago I used to live within
walking distance of the ground in East Ham.
I have regularly attended West Ham since 1989 season and started going to away games with my
dad in the mid 90s like many of us it’s now a way of life for me. I am still a home and away season
ticket holder but have become like others very disgruntled with how the club is being run.
West Ham was always a family club and I feel the current regime have lost touch with us the real
fans since our move to Stratford. I’d like to see them embrace the ideas of the many to bring the
club back together and make us West Ham UNITED again.
I’m fortunate to know many of the former players some of who I’m now lucky enough to call friends
i would love to see them honoured how they should be by our club and feel we are behind others in
doing that. I’m a passionate fan and would love to be able to help make a difference in trying to get
Stratford into what was promised a home where you left in no doubt you have arrived at West Ham
United football club.
I don’t feel the new ground has given us that yet but in the fullness of time some with some
investment and input from the board and the fans together, we can make it a home to be proud of.
Up the hammers
Mark Sandell:

"I take my sons to West Ham just as my dad took me for the first time in 1965. I want to work hard
to make sure that in the future they have a club that has a meaningful relationship with all of its
fans no matter their age or background. I want them to support a club that has a bond with its
fans,not a relationship of mutual distrust. I'd like to continue the excellent work done by Mark and
the committee to realise that West Ham is at its best when we are all singing Bubbles from the same
hymn sheet.
I have been a journalist for 35 years, was the West Ham reporter for Capital Gold, have written for
OLAS, NPLH and Upton Park Memories and have guested on the Stop Hammer Time podcast.I am
Head of Communications at Kick It Out, the anti-discrimination football charity and have worked
with the FSF and it's forerunner the FSA since 1990.
I would hope that my long experience of working around football and my media contacts would
support the Chair and the new committee to get WHUISA the kind of coverage we deserve.
Oh and my oldest son's middle name is "Paolo" "
John Ratomski:
Business owner, Hammers fan since the late 1960’s, and season ticket holder in the West Stand.
I joined WHUISA at the beginning of 2017 and was elected onto the committee last season. I proactively
undertook a number of initiatives to increase membership and improve our links with other
Premier League ISA’s/Trusts, the FSF and Supporters Direct to source information on best practise
during our first full season.
As well as addressing international conferences, I have previously successfully chaired voluntary
business groups and have the commitment, drive, and experience to lead a team to face the
challenges for the coming season.
Last season saw WHUISA overcome a number of well-known challenges. Working with a dedicated
team for the coming season I look forward to the opportunity to represent our membership with
continued constructive direct dialogue with David Sullivan as a ‘critical friend’. In addition, we will
work together to raise the WHUISA profile locally and nationally amongst other clubs and in the
media, and will work closely with our membership growth team both within local communities and
Hammers supporters in general.
Sean Whetstone:
"I am a lifelong West Ham United supporter and a season ticket holder at the London Stadium in the
West stand lower Block 113. I was previously a season ticket holder in the Sir Trevor Brooking Lower
stand at the Boleyn Ground for many years.
I was a founding committee member of WHUISA in 2013 holding the position of Joint-Chairman in
the association's infancy. I was also a founding member of the West Ham United Supporters
Advisory Board in May 2011 and remain a member to this day seven years later. I have an in-depth
experience of sitting on committees in both the education and charity sector successfully fulfiling
different roles and remits.
I am the associate editor of the West Ham news website ClaretandHugh.info, a blogger on
WestHamTillIDie.com and presenter on the West Ham podcast MooreThanJustAPodcast.co.uk. I
have an established Twitter account called @WestHamFootball founded in 2009 which has 32,000
followers.
My aim if elected is to hold WHUISA to account to deliver on their core values and to ensure that the
association is a truly democratic organisation that listens, involves and delivers on their promises to
ALL of their members"
iLoveLasagne

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Could've sworn I saw a thread/vote on WHUISA's FB page earlier today listing two main candidates.

Ratomski was one, can't recall the other.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Kialos on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 pm

John's on KUMB, don't know about his rival for the post of chair
Kialos

Postby NorthernIron on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Kialos wrote:John's on KUMB, don't know about his rival for the post of chair

Thanks K.

I'm John Ratomski, and nobody can claim the fiver.
NorthernIron

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:05 pm

NorthernIron wrote:I'm John Ratomski, and nobody can claim the fiver.

NI, are you on a shortlist of two or am I going slightly mad? (Good luck, btw.)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby NorthernIron on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Up the Junction wrote:NI, are you on a shortlist of two or am I going slightly mad? (Good luck, btw.)

There are 2 of us going for chair boss.

Thanks greatly for your good wishes, much appreciated :thup:
NorthernIron

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion