WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Postby Quark on Wed May 03, 2017 7:24 pm

ohsnap wrote:how did you guys find out? I am a 1966 season ticket holder and haven't recieved anything?

Received an email from the Club at lunchtime today. It says to book your place, please call the Ticket Office by 5pm Monday 8 May, on 0333 030 1966 – option 3.
Quark

Postby ohsnap on Wed May 03, 2017 8:23 pm

thanks Quark, just checked my spam folder and was in there, would of had no idea had i not seen these posts! :x
ohsnap

Postby PC Hammer on Tue May 09, 2017 11:30 am

WHUISA are pleased to announce that Michail Antonio has been voted our
player of the year. Taking 45% of the vote he beat our match winner
against Spurs, Manu Lanzini, into 2nd place who polled 34% of the
respondents. In 3rd was Winston Reid with 9% of your votes. Thanks to all
who voted.

Well done Michail a worthy winner ! Plans are in progress to hold a
presentation evening to which the winner and other current West Ham
players will be invited to. We are also aiming to get a few players from
the 1975 and 1980 FA cup winning teams to come along as well.

West Ham Supporters Club have offered to host the evening and the player
will receive the original Hammer of the Year trophy which is now
celebrating its 70th year. Details will be published once confirmed.

WHUISA will hold an open meeting on Sunday 14th May at the White Post Cafe
& Bar, Schwartz Wharf (Building 4), 92 White Post Lane, London E9 5EN.
The White Post will serve alcohol and food all day whilst the stadium is
only a few minutes walk away. Hopefully this gives a lot of our members
the chance to come along before the Liverpool match.

We shall start at 11.30am in the atrium. All welcome with the place
opening from 10am.

@WHUISA2017 or twitter.com/WHUISA2017.

We are now tweeting from a new account because of a technical issue with
our previous account - please follow on the above to keep up with all the
latest WHUISA news and campaigns.

Let's hope the team can repeat the performance and result ( i don't ask
for much do i ?) against Liverpool !!!!!!

Always West Ham :scarfer:

Paul Joint Chair WHUISA Interim Committee.
PC Hammer

Postby Big George on Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 am

The Independent Football Ombudsman has rejected a compliant from someone who was moved from block 114 to block 127. They agreed with the club that the offer of a free training session was adequate compensation and that the club acted reasonably

However they did criticise the club over a lack if terms and conditions for season ticket holders and the lack of a club charter

http://www.theifo.co.uk/adjudications/I ... 3final.pdf
Big George

Postby sanchoz on Thu May 11, 2017 11:14 am

There are two aspects of the complaint which are well founded, those relating
to terms and conditions and the Club Charter. Well before this complaint was
received, the IFO was advised by the Football Supporters Federation that it was
extremely difficult to locate the Club’s season ticket terms and conditions, which
were certainly not sent to supporters at the time that they purchased their
tickets. Similarly, were supporters to consult the Charter to discover their rights
they would have found that only the Charter for the previous season was
available. The IFO upholds these two elements in the complaint and reminds
the Club of its obligations to have an up to date Charter and to provide
supporters with clear consumer information at the time of ticket purchase. The
IFO has been assured that these two matters have been or are being addressed.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby leveller on Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 am

It was me that made the complaint, the IFO entirely refused to address whether or not the club had breached the season ticket terms and conditions (they say we can only be moved on a "temporary basis"), which was basically the main point of the complaint. They also neglected to address or investigate the snatch squads incident at the Stoke game and merely made some passing reference to "overzealous stewarding" in the report. I expect they had some nice little meeting with the club and took every word they said as gospel.
leveller

Postby abbeyiron on Thu May 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Nice one leveller, not a great response but no surprise.

I can't believe they think the training offer was a fair compensation.... I always wondered if anyone tuned up for it.

Have you renewed? We haven't yet but I'm sure we probably will.
abbeyiron

Postby leveller on Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 pm

abbeyiron wrote:I can't believe they think the training offer was a fair compensation.... I always wondered if anyone tuned up for it.

I think I did hear about a couple of people that went at the time but certainly it would seem the majority didn't, you'd think that would tell them something.

abbeyiron wrote:Have you renewed? We haven't yet but I'm sure we probably will.

Not renewed, probably won't either, as you can likely tell the way they've treated ex-TBL season ticket holders in combination with the stadium move in general has really pissed me off, thinking it might be time for a break and just go to a few away games personally.
leveller

Postby PC Hammer on Fri May 12, 2017 3:34 pm

A reminder that WHUISA will hold an open meeting on Sunday 14th May at the White Post Cafe & Bar, Schwartz Wharf (Building 4), 92 White Post Lane, London E9 5EN.

The venue which is opposite Queens Yard (The Tank Bar / Howling Hops etc) a 2 minute walk from Hackney Wick station was chosen to allow as many of our members as possible the chance to attend and meet up. New members are also welcome and can join us on the day as well.

The place is open from 10am for breakfast / drinks etc and we shall have our meeting from 11.30am.

I anticipate a short affair of about 30 minutes so we can crack on with the build up to the Liverpool match.

We look forward to seeing you there. :scarfer:
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Sat May 13, 2017 3:49 pm

This is an important note about stewarding inside the London Stadium.

We believe some Stewards inside the London Stadium are using body worn cameras to record fans, especially in difficult situations or where a complaint has been made.

This has not been made public. They are currently not notifying people that they are being recorded. If you have any cause to interact with a London Stadium steward you should assume you are being recorded and behave accordingly.

We think there are 48 stewards with the "Response" team with body worn cameras but it may be more widespread.

Our friends at the FSF are arguing that there should be signs around the stadium warning you may be recorded. They are in touch with the Governments Surveillance Commissioner.

If you wish to make representations to the commissioner, his details can be found on this website. Surveillance Camera Commissioner - GOV.UK
PC Hammer

Postby Kialos on Sat May 13, 2017 4:31 pm

What makes me laugh is that public authorities have to jump through all kinds of hoops under RIPA to be allowed to conduct covert surveillance against suspected criminals lawfully yet these no marks have free reign to do what they like against overwhelmingly law abiding citizens going about their lawful business
Kialos

Postby leveller on Sat May 13, 2017 7:24 pm

I think it's been mentioned in the SAG minutes or somewhere like that about the stewards wearing body cameras. Not that that counts as making it public. I've also seen the stewards wearing the cameras inside the ground before, they're (intentionally?) small and discreet and you probably wouldn't notice them unless you were looking out for one. I don't agree with it though, it's like they actually want to get our fans arrested and/or banned, that's probably why they haven't made it public.
leveller

Postby Big George on Sun May 14, 2017 1:45 am

If you go to the game, expect to be filmed

not good on any level
Big George

Postby PC Hammer on Tue May 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Thanks to all who attended the WHUISA meeting on Sunday before the Liverpool debacle. Details of the meeting will be published in due course along with an account of a recent meeting with all Premier league clubs with trusts / associations which was attended by one of our members.

There was a huge amount of support from all reps of the other football clubs present for our attempt in getting the association off the ground which has encouraged us further.

WHUISA have a meeting with the club this week and will publish details again in due course.

Thanks to all who have supported us in our first few months. We are very confident of a strong future for the association and membership is progressing but of course we still need more. Not in terms of money but people / numbers behind us in the drive to challenge the club when our members feel they are wrong / there is an issue while we will also be positive and constructive when things are going right.

To join visit http://www.whuisa.org

Paul
Joint Chair
WHUISA.
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Thu May 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Interim Joint Chair Paul and Committee member George went to meet the club for a get to know you session with the club on Wednesday afternoon. This meeting was originally scheduled for 01/03 and then 26/04 but events conspired against both parties for these dates. It was relaxed and friendly, lasted for 90 minutes and there was a lot we agreed on but a few things we didn’t.

It was all very informal, no minutes were taken. They wanted to know what we were about and we wanted to see how they felt about us.

West Ham lined up with Tara Warren (Marketing Director), Jake Heath (Supporter Liaison Officer), Max Fitzgerald (‎Head of Media Relations) & Dan Francis (Senior Copywriter).

They welcomed our involvement and we are developing contacts at all levels at the club. While they say the all supporters are welcome to contact Jake directly, it’s clear that our involvement has and will help with getting issues resolved.

We’ve been involved with a few cases now including the Club Cash debacle, some ticketing and banning issues. We’re also closely aligned with the National Football Supporters Federation (FSF) who are able to provide brilliant support if things get really difficult / legal.

The club still see the SAB as the primary forum for supporter feedback. They will only give us one representative on the board which we think is disappointing considering we have over 700 members. The next SAB meeting will be on Wednesday 24th May.

Lots of people have problems with the SAB and we think it is far from perfect but we feel we have to be involved. If you have any issues you would like us to raise at the meeting next Wednesday get in
touch. If you are a WHUISA member and are attending as an SAB member or know someone who is, do let us know.

This is the time, after our first season at the new stadium, for you to send us specific points about the stadium, stewarding, transport and the match day experience. The key is not just to raise your point but give your alternative / resolution. They have promised to listen to the SAB so this is the chance to put that to the test.

The club acknowledged the current make up is less than perfect but say next season will be more representative and include various other large supporter groups. They talked about disability, corporate and LGBT groups, beyond that, we’ll see. We’ll be keeping a close eye on this.

We feel a review of the SAB is necessary with more focused representatives as well as more regular meetings and feedback given. The minutes of the SAB in January and one follow up post on the clubs official website in March with only 2 meetings a season, one of them in the close season, is too infrequent.

We have asked to be involved with police meetings before high profile games like Spurs. It means that we can give our input but also feedback to our members. We were very well received in November last year at the Chelsea EFL post-match FSF led meeting with the Met, West Ham and stadium operators.

The club are saying that they will choose people to represent fans from the SAB. We don’t think that’s great from a true representation of the fans view and are pushing on several levels to be specifically included in the future.

Supporters with disabilities.

We know we have a few members with disabilities and you may find this interesting. The club says that it has a disabled SAB (DSAB) and that it represents both people who use wheelchairs and ambulant disabled
supporters.

This was new information to us. Is anyone on here a member or know anyone who is? A google search has come up with this, did anyone join?

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... sory-board

Has anyone been consulted by this group or been contacted by the club with regards to this ? We made the point that many people consider themselves to have disability but haven’t registered with the club. At the Boleyn they just got on with it. If you have any disability we’d really like to hear from you on how you feel the London Stadium has worked out this season as well as what can be improved upon.

Twitter & WHUISA membership.

Just a reminder that @WHUISA2017 will be the only twitter account soon.
Please follow if you want to keep updated with WHUISA news. Social media followers are important for all sorts of reasons.

Also, if you know anyone who would is a Hammer but not a member of WHUISA, give them a nudge - the more members we have the better it will be going forward.

http://www.whuisa.org/join-whuisa/

Always West Ham

WHUISA interim committee.
PC Hammer

Postby BonzosBoots on Thu May 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Big George wrote:If you go to the game, expect to be filmed

not good on any level

You are in the UK. Assume you are being filmed everywhere.
BonzosBoots

Postby Kialos on Thu May 18, 2017 11:16 pm

Thanks again for the sterling efforts being put in by WHUISA. It feels like progress of some sort is being made with each engagement with the club. It was never going to be short term, it will take a long time for the culture of the club towards it's "customers" to change but we are going to get there.
Kialos

Postby Big George on Thu May 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Kialos wrote:Thanks again for the sterling efforts being put in by WHUISA. It feels like progress of some sort is being made with each engagement with the club. It was never going to be short term, it will take a long time for the culture of the club towards it's "customers" to change but we are going to get there.

Cheers Kialos, I'm not pretending it is easy or we have a magic bullet but we are building relationships to try and get things sorted.

I'm not convinced that that they want a truly independent SA in their lives but they've got it and we're not going away.

Props to PC HAMMER for his indefatigability in making the contacts also to the FSF for their advice and encouragement.
Big George

Postby Big George on Sat May 20, 2017 8:48 pm

If anyone wants to think about an item they'd like to suggest for the agenda for Wednesday's SAB can you email enquiries@whuisa.org by tomorrow evening. The club want suggestions by Monday. :thup:
Big George

Postby sanchoz on Mon May 22, 2017 10:10 am

Just responded to the survey monkey link sent out by WHUISA which I think went to everyone on the email distribution list?
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion