WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby e1hammer on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks Mushy! I hope that now people are seeing what we can achieve the more people will join - http://www.whuisa.org/join - only £1 and your membership is valid until the end of next season. :thup:
e1hammer

"Indefinite" Stadium ban overturned thanks to WHUISA & FSF

Postby Ron_Greenwood on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Good afternoon all,

I thought it was quite important to let you all know how much the WHUISA and The FSF helped me in overturning this outrageous injustice.

You can read my brief story with the letter from the club and my reply in the link below on the WHUISA website.

https://whuisa.org/news/2018/4/12/whuis ... tadium-ban" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I first read and received the letter from the club, I naturally contacted them immediately asking if I could come down in the afternoon and go through the CCTV evidence, so that I could prove my innocence. The club said that there was no one thereat the time that could do that until Monday.

Baring in mind I had tickets for Chelsea away on Sunday and I needed to clear my name quickly, I contacted WHUISA (who thankfully I am a member with) and they were absolutely brilliant in helping me, by firstly believing me and then by putting pressure on the club themselves, plus they also put me in touch with Amanda Jacks, a case worker with The FSF who did a great job in calming me down and reassuring me.

I did try and enter the turnstiles at Stamford Bridge on Sunday but was turned away as was expected. I was naturally very upset and my brother (on his bitrthday) refused to go in without me, so we went to a pub Notting Hill to watch the game on tv, absolutely gutted.

On Monday evening because of pressure from WHUISA the club got in touch with me to inform that they had now watched my every move on CCTV from the Burnley home game and wished to offer me an apology as it was clear this had been a case of mistaken identity and that I had not in fact launched a full pint of lager into the directors box, all the way from Block 114, like a professional javelin thrower! The ban had now been overturned.

How they managed to come to their original decision didn't make sense, it absolutely baffles me and I find it very worrying that they are doing this to lots of other innocent fans and this is why I wanted it to be made public.

Amanda Jacks then discussed with me what our response would be and she helped me word an excellent response to the club sent on Tuesday morning to which I still haven't heard a reply or even an acknowledgement of receipt.

Thank you very much once again to Amanda and the FSF and especially WHUISA who were supportive, very calm and thoroughly professional. It is these people who have restored my faith in West Ham when I was about to walk away for good because they are what this club is all about along with our great supporters, not the people who are running it at the moment.

WHUISA are a real class act and I really do encourage you all to get behind them and become members if you haven't already.

Cheers :crest:
Ron_Greenwood

Re: "Indefinite" Stadium ban overturned thanks to WHUISA & FSF

Postby Coops on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:59 pm

So are they refunding you for your Chelsea ticket and compensating you for your travel, inconvenience etc?
Coops

Postby Ron_Greenwood on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:02 pm

They said over the phone that they will be refunding the Chelsea tickets and they offered a free stadium tour before the Leicester game. I said that while I appreciate your offer I am 37 years old and am not really interested in the tour.
Ron_Greenwood

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Ron_Greenwood wrote:They said over the phone that they will be refunding the Chelsea tickets and they offered a free stadium tour before the Leicester game. I said that while I appreciate your offer I am 37 years old and am not really interested in the tour.

Suggest they donate the cash equivalent to the BMF?
DasNutNock

Postby Swindon Iron on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:10 pm

The club just feels rotten to the core at the moment, poisoned from the top down. Scenarios like this and how they treat innocent fans is disgusting and just amplifies that feeling for me.

Glad it's turned out ok for you but you should never have been put in that position in the first place, free season ticket for next year would be a start I reckon!.
Swindon Iron

Postby Tenbury on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Acting as judge and jury is bad enough.......then add bungling incompetence.

How much lower can we get?
Tenbury

Postby upton o'good on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Ron_Greenwood wrote:They said over the phone that they will be refunding the Chelsea tickets and they offered a free stadium tour before the Leicester game. I said that while I appreciate your offer I am 37 years old and am not really interested in the tour.

That's an away game. Nice of them to offer you the chance to visit the KingPower and see what a football ground looks like...
upton o'good

Postby Ron_Greenwood on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Ha! No, they asked if I was going to Leicester away and said that if I wasn't I could have a tour around the bowl on that day.
Ron_Greenwood

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Ron_Greenwood wrote:Ha! No, they asked if I was going to Leicester away and said that if I wasn't I could have a tour around the bowl on that day.

What, and they're considering that a freebie to compensate you? A look round the stadium when it's not in use?

What utter knobbers.
DasNutNock

Postby We'll be back on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:01 pm

This makes my blood boil how they treated you.

I hope they give you much more than offered absolutely disgusting treatment. Well done to you and everyone in clearing your name even though it was utterly ridiculous.
We'll be back

Postby poplargeezer on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Diabolical
poplargeezer

Postby cockney farmer on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Pleased you got justice , shame you had to miss Chelsea though , Amanda fro FSF was brilliant for my mate when he had issues with the club over his season ticket met him offered good advice and put sufficient pressure on West Ham to take his issue seriously .
cockney farmer

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Glad it's been overturned for you, mate.

What an utter shambles that it happened in the first place though, nothing should surprise us with this ****ing football club anymore, sadly.

Top work from the WHUISA, for helping you in your hour of need, it's actually inspired me to sign up.

:thup:
somerset-hammer

Postby Big George on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:06 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:Glad it's been overturned for you, mate.

What an utter shambles that it happened in the first place though, nothing should surprise us with this ****ing football club anymore, sadly.

Top work from the WHUISA, for helping you in your hour of need, it's actually inspired me to sign up.

:thup:

Welcome aboard, if anyone else want to join up for quid, the link is here https://whuisa.org/join/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big George

Postby smuts on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Glad it was sorted out eventually.

How shoddy is that? Absolute joke.
smuts

Postby Beavis Danzig on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:37 pm

struck me reading about this how much the club we support feels more like a vindictive town council than anything we're a part of.
Beavis Danzig

Postby nickyj82 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:53 pm

this is fantastic work. well done to all involved in getting this man some justice.
nickyj82

Postby Westbourne Bill on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:50 pm

I still dont understand how they can link a face to a name unless the alleged offence occurs in a specific seat.
Putting aside the fact they got it wrong here, unless the fan is already known to the club how do they even attempt it?
Westbourne Bill

Postby Mr_Skid on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Westbourne Bill wrote:I still dont understand how they can link a face to a name unless the alleged offence occurs in a specific seat.
Putting aside the fact they got it wrong here, unless the fan is already known to the club how do they even attempt it?

Reverse the footage they have and trace the fan back to the seat, then check the booking to see who is sitting there
Mr_Skid

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion