WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby GaryP on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:03 am

Any case of defamation of character or something. As you can tell I am no lawyer :)

Disgraceful behaviour from the club.
GaryP

Postby Pentonville on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:27 am

Well done ISA committee members for working hard to pressurise the club to admit their incompetence on this issue. We are in this for the long haul to change our club so that supporters can have a 'real' democratic say in the important stuff that effects us as long term supporters and not be treated as merely 'customers'.
Pentonville

Postby TheHandOfDog on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:50 am

Nice job, not bad for a bunch of jobsworth, Sadiq Khan lovies! Only joking! But seriously, glad to see some good being done by someone.
TheHandOfDog

Postby DDHammer on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:59 am

nickyj82 wrote:this is fantastic work. well done to all involved in getting this man some justice.

I think this is exactly why WHUISA was set up and why a few hundred initially joined, an outlet for fans who usually wouldn't have a voice to be heard and fight the wrongs.

Graeme and KUMB do similar things to help the fans and regularly offer to follow up with the club on posters behalf.

Honestly i'm proper hoping eventually we can all move on from this season, because you really won't find a fan base in the world who can rally together like ours.
DDHammer

Postby mywhufc on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:29 am

DDHammer wrote:I think this is exactly why WHUISA was set up and why a few hundred initially joined, an outlet for fans who usually wouldn't have a voice to be heard and fight the wrongs.

exactly right, WHUISA was never set up to be a protest movement, it was to done to help with matters like above. Obviously as its a member led organisation if the members want to protest then so be it.
Im so pleased to see it used in this way and well done to all involved, Lets hope many more get the help they deserve.
mywhufc

Postby Rocket on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:47 am

This isn't over if Ron_Greenwood doesn't want it to be. A story in one of the red tops would be great publicity.
Rocket

Postby aaronhammer on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:34 pm

When the ISA next have a meeting with the Premier League, it would be good to understand why Newcastle are being allowed to keep fans in the gods again next year? Originally it was because the didn’t have time to adapt, and now it’s on safety grounds! However suggests the league haven’t actually asked them to look into resolving that.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... leazes-end
aaronhammer

Re: "Indefinite" Stadium ban overturned thanks to WHUISA & FSF

Postby delbert on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Tenbury wrote:Acting as judge and jury is bad enough.......then add bungling incompetence.

How much lower can we get?

It's not "we" though mate, it's them (and Us) with a capital U.........
delbert

Postby Graza on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:struck me reading about this how much the club we support feels more like a vindictive town council than anything we're a part of.

Seems simple but now you mention it that's exactly what it feels like!
Graza

Postby e1hammer on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:52 pm

aaronhammer wrote:When the ISA next have a meeting with the Premier League, it would be good to understand why Newcastle are being allowed to keep fans in the gods again next year? Originally it was because the didn’t have time to adapt, and now it’s on safety grounds! However suggests the league haven’t actually asked them to look into resolving that.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... leazes-end" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Safety and Away Allocations

There is growing concerns that local Safety Advisory Groups (SAG) are using new guidance to reduce the away allocations. The PL will monitor this. Newcastle have failed again to move their away allocation to meet with the new rules. The PL considered taking out a JR but they were told they would lose by their legal team. The FSF raised the point that the Newcastle SAG raised their concerns on public order and not safety. Duncan Drasdo (MUST) raised the issue that the SAG are too close to the club and political pressure was needed.

https://whuisa.org/news/2018/4/6/premie ... 20th-march
e1hammer

Postby Ron_Greenwood on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:26 am

Thanks for the support everyone. I received this e-mail of apology etc from the club on Friday night. Also the BBC got in contact and are interested in doing a quick TV interview this morning if it's possible. I've said yes, even though I feel a bit uneasy about it but hopefully it might do a bit of good.

Dear Mr Runciman,

Thank you for your email. Further to your phone conversation with my colleague David Chaplin, please see below our response to your points.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the mistaken identity resulting in you missing the Chelsea game and any undue distress caused.

Firstly, on half of West Ham United and London Stadium, your details in relation to the alleged incident have been deleted from our files. We can confirm your details were not passed to the Police, however, we will ensure that they are aware of the circumstances to ensure there is no unwarranted contact made. The Club will also contact CFC to ensure there is no further action taken at future games and your details are deleted from their system if held.

Secondly, with regards to the offer an alternative good will gesture, the Club would like to offer to upgrade your tickets for the Stoke match to one of our hospitality lounges. Or alternatively, we can offer you two tickets to our final away fixture of the season against Leicester. Please let us know which option you would prefer.

Please note current letters state that any ban applies to entering the London Stadium as well as any West Ham United fixture (home or away). The Club regularly review the process of banning supporters. The Club will ensure future bans will have contact details for London Stadium to appeal the ban as well as contact details for West Ham United Ticketing for any advice and assistance relating to any queries.

Following your call on Monday, we can confirm your ticketing account has been completely reactivated for home and away tickets. Again, all relevant parties have been informed of the case of mistaken identity.

Please once again accept our sincere apologies for the mistaken identity.

Best regards,

Ben Illingworth, Head of Match Day Operation, West Ham United
Dave Sadler, Head of Safety & Security, London Stadium 185
Ron_Greenwood

Postby S-H on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:29 am

Ron_Greenwood wrote:Thanks for the support everyone. I received this e-mail of apology etc from the club on Friday night. Also the BBC got in contact and are interested in doing a quick TV interview this morning if it's possible. I've said yes, even though I feel a bit uneasy about it but hopefully it might do a bit of good.

Good luck mate, well done for agreeing to the interview.

:thup:
S-H

Postby Ron_Greenwood on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:45 am

Cheers mate
Ron_Greenwood

Postby sicknote on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:01 am

Enjoy Leicester away, I don’t think you’ll be attracted by the corporate bit, and Leicester will be a better day out anyway
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Looks like a good outcome. Shame it took the club being called out on a shoddy first effort to get it sorted though.

On a different note, any plans from WHUISA to do a player of the year? Would be a handy little way to get the name out there with something purely celebratory.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby Ron_Greenwood on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:50 pm

sicknote wrote:Enjoy Leicester away, I don’t think you’ll be attracted by the corporate bit, and Leicester will be a better day out anyway

Yes, I accepted their offer of two tickets for Leicester away. I've just been interviewed on a park bench outside work this lunch time by Emma Jones from BBC London which I think went well despite me feeling a bit awkward. She told be that the club are very unhappy about the BBC reporting 'negative' news when she asked them to comment, so I'm pretty happy with how this has all turned out to be honest. Hopefully they will make some changes to how they go about these situations in future. WHUISA and The FSF were thanked in the interview.

Cheers
Ron_Greenwood

Postby S-H on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Ron_Greenwood wrote: She told be that the club are very unhappy about the BBC reporting 'negative' news when she asked them to comment,

That's just wonderful!

:)
S-H

Postby Penfold711 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Ron_Greenwood wrote:She told be that the club are very unhappy about the BBC reporting 'negative' news when she asked them to comment

Maybe if the club were to start acting professionally in the first place there wouldn't be any negative news to report. I'm glad it all turned out well for you Ron.
Penfold711

Postby Albie Beck on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Glad you got it straightened out mate, although forcing you to miss an important game like Chelsea is something they can never give you back.

It is also important that the club appears to have reviewed and improved its procedures, so credit to WHUISA and FSF in helping achieve that for others caught up in the same way in future. Which genius set up this kangaroo court with no appeal mechanism? Disgraceful, but not surprising.

The club itself emerges with little credit, having only partially righted a wrong that shouldn't have occurred at all.
Albie Beck

Postby sicknote on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Ron_Greenwood wrote:
Yes, I accepted their offer of two tickets for Leicester away. I've just been interviewed on a park bench outside work this lunch time by Emma Jones from BBC London which I think went well despite me feeling a bit awkward. She told be that the club are very unhappy about the BBC reporting 'negative' news when she asked them to comment, so I'm pretty happy with how this has all turned out to be honest. Hopefully they will make some changes to how they go about these situations in future. WHUISA and The FSF were thanked in the interview.

Cheers

:thup:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion