WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Postby Big George on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Premier League supporter's groups (including WHUISA) have issued a joint statement saying "No to Christmas Eve Football".

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/sup ... e-football

Sky are currently scheduled to screen two PL games on 24th December, one at 1.30, the other at 4.00

This is a rubbish idea for a million reasons but the Prem League signed & agreed the contract as did the clubs. We're just hoping Sky see sense.
Big George

Postby Big George on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:46 am

New on the WHUISA website: minutes of last meeting which was held pre-Swansea
http://www.whuisa.org/
Big George

Postby bristolhammerfc on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks George,

As a member, can I offer some advice.

There is a section in the meeting minutes regarding data protection (DPA) and some work to be done.

In May 2018 this changes to GDPR which has some tougher regulations:

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/da ... -the-gdpr/

It might be worth working with this in mind
bristolhammerfc

Postby Big George on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:07 am

bristolhammerfc wrote:Thanks George,

As a member, can I offer some advice.

There is a section in the meeting minutes regarding data protection (DPA) and some work to be done.

In May 2018 this changes to GDPR which has some tougher regulations:

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/da ... -the-gdpr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It might be worth working with this in mind

Cheers Pal,

We're on it. Hopefully getting guidance from supporters direct.
Big George

Postby PC Hammer on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:11 pm

The SAB has been rescheduled to an unconfirmed date in early November as the new committee for the meeting has not been formed yet. The original meeting was advertised on the official website to be for 11/10/2017 and while it was put back to tonight the selection process for the first SAB of the season has not been completed.
PC Hammer

Postby Big George on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:08 am

WHUISA are in the Times this morning. page 69 or here if you have a subscription
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -gw9scdst9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Features PCHammer and Kialos :crest:
Big George

Postby Kialos on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm

wizzo_66 wrote:Whilst WHUISA is a fantastic start and I am fully engaged with their work....

I do feel we need an anti board movement/organisation. It is the only way to build enough momentum and attention to the issue.

You raise a good point, WHUISA is not an anti board protest group.

They have to work with the board, not just this one but any others that might arrive in future, so need to keep it respectful and constructive.

Their their big advantages over the clubs social media mouth pieces, they are democratically elected, totally transparent ( any member can attend committee meetings) and a recognized body by those in football governance such as the FA, PL, MetPol and FSF

The disadvantage that WHUISA has is that West Ham are very late to the party when it comes to fans representation are building from base zero and need more members. Like everything the more members we have the more strength we have.
Kialos

Postby Kialos on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:03 pm

ammo wrote:
I looked into joining WHUISA too but they state they are for the fans not anti board. The situation is so depressing at the moment, I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I was ok with the move to the OS as I was one of those who thought it would help us move to the next level but as we all know that has been a big con. There must be something we can do to make their lives a misery without resorting to not going or supporting the team? In any other business, they would have lost their custom by now but we have so many loyal fans, like myself - 25 years + a season ticket holder who will never give up going to support their team. It's so heartbreaking. There are other boards out there, for example LCFC who treat their supporters a lot better and pay the funds to buy the players, who weren't even LCFC supporters, they came from Thailand for god's sake. And we get the Dildo twins - how's your luck?

Your views are shared by many and they are clearly from someone who loves West Ham,

To answer a possible concern you may have re WHUISA, the club are regularly challenged and criticized on issues that affect the fans and are in no way, shape or form club apologists. There is something you can do and that is think about joining again :)

Some recent examples: After feedback ftom members the club were contacted regarding the way Champions Place was being handled, with web page taken down on the OS and fans communications not being answered properly, if at all, An email from WHUISA was sent and later same day the web pages was back up on the OS with a commitment to fulfill outstanding orders during October made.

David Gold saw no problem with 2 games being played on Xmas Eve, completely out of touch with the views of many of the West Ham support. The Liverpool equivalent of WHUISA had already started the campaign along with FSF. WHUISA and other clubs joined in and the Xmas Eve games were withdrawn. Many people were claiming SKY/ PL would do what they liked. Clearly they can't.

Through the sterling efforts of a committee (and KUMB) member submitting FOI requests the extent of the mess of the migration and move has been revealed. Knowledge is power.

This is proof that strong and organised fan bodies do get listened to but more needs to be done There is strength in numbers, hence my asking you think again.

WHUISA don't always get a positive outcome, For example the club's lack of regard towards the away support was highlighted after a request for a token gesture to be made for fans attending 4 consecutive games away from home in 2 weeks, including a "home" game in the cup, was refused. The club did respond though and the response was reported on the WHUISA website, At least we can provide proof of what the club's actual thinking is as opposed to, for example, Sullivan's version of the truth in TV interviews,
Kialos

Postby ammo on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Thanks for the info, Kialos. I did have a read of the minutes to your last meeting so I can see the good work that you are doing on behalf of us long suffering fans. However, do you think you will ever be in a position to challenge the board on the way that they run the club? For example, the lack of funds spent comparative to other clubs with less gates/history/tradition, the undermining of manager after manager, the questionable transfers (players that fit their requirements rather than the mangers). Surely if you started to question that side of their management they may start to back away from communication with you on other issues?
ammo

Postby Kialos on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 pm

There are so many areas where the club is failing the supporters unfortunately, not just what is happening on the football side.If, like Spurs, we had 20,000 members we could perhaps engage in the areas you suggest but at the moment we have a fan base that are very vocal but lacking direction IMO. We need that harnessing into what I think are the most constructive and viable channels. It is early days but the more we grow the stronger we get.
Kialos

Postby mywhufc on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:29 pm

wizzo_66 wrote:Whilst WHUISA is a fantastic start and I am fully engaged with their work....

I do feel we need an anti board movement/organisation. It is the only way to build enough momentum and attention to the issue.

Kialos wrote:You raise a good point, WHUISA is not an anti board protest group.

They have to work with the board,.

Perhaps the two in the times shouldn’t have been quoted as WHUISA committee members then,
Reading their views the club will view them anti-board, and will keep them at arms length
WHUISA will achieve nothing with the club while interviews like that are put out.
I dont disagree with their views they put over in the articles, but to do so in the name of WHUISA was wrong.
WHUISA is supposed to represent all views for all fans, many of whom enjoy the stadium, and those fans reading the times article will avoid joining WHUISA.

If WHUISA wants to ever be meaningful and actually make a difference between fans and the club it needs to get past the fact the club view it as a protest movement being driven by personal opposition to the move.
Until members on the committee actually realise that, WHUISA will be nothing but an irritant
mywhufc

Postby Diogenes on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Kialos wrote:There are so many areas where the club is failing the supporters unfortunately, not just what is happening on the football side.If, like Spurs, we had 20,000 members we could perhaps engage in the areas you suggest but at the moment we have a fan base that are very vocal but lacking direction IMO. We need that harnessing into what I think are the most constructive and viable channels. It is early days but the more we grow the stronger we get.

I agree with that Kialos. WHUISA needs a) more membership and b) to continue to provide coherent and articulate criticism/support rather than the noise of a perceived rabble. I really do not understand why more 'supporters' do not support a 'legitimate' group for gaining positive outcomes.
Diogenes

Postby mushy on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Am I the only person on this forum that has not got a Times subscription then?
mushy

Postby York Ham(mer) on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:39 pm

You can register to access two articles each week free if you’re desperate, mushy.
York Ham(mer)

Postby Kialos on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:47 pm

mushy wrote:Am I the only person on this forum that has not got a Times subscription then?

We are a very cultured fan base don't ya know. We leave the likes of The Sun to her Ladyship :wink:
Kialos

Postby HeadHammerShark on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:26 am

ammo wrote:Thanks for the info, Kialos. I did have a read of the minutes to your last meeting so I can see the good work that you are doing on behalf of us long suffering fans. However, do you think you will ever be in a position to challenge the board on the way that they run the club? For example, the lack of funds spent comparative to other clubs with less gates/history/tradition, the undermining of manager after manager, the questionable transfers (players that fit their requirements rather than the mangers). Surely if you started to question that side of their management they may start to back away from communication with you on other issues?

To be honest, there's a couple of things going on here. Firstly, the way you make an organisation like WHUISA more powerful is to give them more leverage. When they represent 20,000 paying members it's a hell of a lot more difficult for anybody, including the club, to dismiss their views.

Secondly, do you really want a club where the people making decisions on transfers listen to fans? Why on earth would that be good? Fans are hotheaded, ill informed and mostly clueless when it comes to assessing players.

Eventually WHUISA might get to the point of being able to ask those kinds of questions, but what I see right now is a group of fans binding together to be a voice for others around the general experience of being a fan. That's good and important work and they deserve the support of as many of as possible for no other reason than if you get unfairly banned you'll sure as hell want them in your corner. (Not being critical of you personally by the way, but I don't understand anyone who hasn't joined up).
HeadHammerShark

Postby PC Hammer on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:10 pm

One or two sites / bloggers excepted i have noticed that there has not been a strong line of support for WHUISA.

The difference WHUISA has is that it engages with the club in a number of ways while having the support of the FSF and other clubs supporters trusts / associations. This is a real way to get a point across.

The SAB is coming up and we shall be there.

We are building and need fans support.
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:40 pm

The SAB meeting has now been scheduled for Wednesday 15th November due to the change of our manager. I have a number of responses from members. It is not too late to put forward your point of view on anything you wish me to raise on your behalf at the meeting.

Please send any details by return.

There will be an open committee meeting at the White Post Cafe in Schwartz Wharf (Building 4), 92 White Post Lane, London E95EN on Friday 24th November starting at 5.30pm sharp.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND.

Let's hope David Moyes lifts the club and helps put a smile back on our faces.

Always West Ham
Paul for and on behalf of the WHUISA committee.
PC Hammer

Postby brownout on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:48 pm

I've asked WHUISA to take up issue of away allocations.

Please can you bring up the subject of away allocations at the SAB. Why aren’t the club taking maximum allocations?

Everton - took lower tier only – sold out and there was more demand.

Arsenal – we were entitled at minimum 10% but have less than this.

Man City – Allocation wasn’t published (why?) but ticket office told me it was just under 2000.

After complaints from fans last year the club promised to take maximum allocations but they aren’t doing this. Away fans feel that the club doesn’t care about them and that Brady is too concerned about the risk of having a few unsold seats than to get maximum support for the team.

And the point needs to be made the low allocations actually stifle demand as some people won’t go if their friends can’t get tickets.

We have a loyal and vocal away following. The club should do their best to encourage maximise numbers to support the team.
brownout

Postby Kialos on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:12 am

This definitely needs raising. Under 2000 for Man City? Seems very low, no wonder they tried not to draw attention to it on the website!

We sold out at 3 points 3000 tickets away to Manchester United for a 16:00 Sunday kick off so why are we getting over a third less tickets for a similar game as far as timing and distance now?
Kialos

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion