WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Postby rottiel on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:55 pm

Kialos wrote:We sold out at 3 points 3000 tickets away to Manchester United for a 16:00 Sunday kick off so why are we getting over a third less tickets for a similar game as far as timing and distance now?

I can only assume the answer to be that they don't make any money out of it which is sadly them all over.

It is the boards ethos, "The fans, the least important part of WHUFC"...
rottiel

Postby PC Hammer on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:39 pm

WHUISA will be at the SAB meeting scheduled for Wednesday 15th November 2017 at LS.

A large number of points have been made to us from our members which will be presented and discussed tomorrow evening.

This is the the 3rd time of asking for the first of 3 SAB meetings promised for this season. The original date of 11/10/17 was put back as the participants had not yet been selected while the second date of Tuesday 7th coincided with the dismissal of Slaven / appointment of David.

WHUISA look forward to a positive meeting with other SAB members and the board / representatives of West Ham United.

An update of the meeting will be made available to WHUISA members first before being distributed out via other social media outlets. Many thanks to those who help us get the message out to you.

Always West Ham
Paul
For and on behalf of WHUISA.
PC Hammer

Postby gaptooth on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi. I recently joined the FSF and WHUISA. If there's anything I can do to help raise the profile please let me know.

I'm very interested in the issue around away allocations. I moved up north (Leeds) 25 years ago and don't get many opportunities to go to home games (been to the OS once and not keen on repeating that experience tbh!). It used to be relatively straightforward to get away tickets (especially for the less 'glamorous' clubs) though and had a brilliant year a few years back going to Man City, Man U and taking my (then) 7-year old daughter to Hull, Stoke, Everton and Burnley. Since the move to the OS I've not had a chance of a ticket, the points I'd accrued were all lost and just can't compete with guys going to home games. Thought it was all down to the new points system but if we're not taking up our full allocations then I've no chance.
gaptooth

Postby PC Hammer on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks for joining WHUISA. All help is gratefully received.

A lot of fans have the same thought as you - better to see the away matches than at the new place. This creates a bit of a bottleneck / demand not seen in previous years for seeing matches as fans purchase tickets for the away match to a.) see it, b.) get priority points to see the 'more glamorous' fixtures c.) so they have a high enough amount of points to get priority for tickets for Wembley cup matches (if we ever get there) as we have 52,000 STH instead of about 25,000 at UP all vying for those precious tickets and this can then create a false market.

With tickets being relatively cheap at £30 some fans (not all and certainly not a massive number) will buy an away ticket with no intention of going just so to keep their priority point allocation up. Others will buy for others and so the chance of the tickets filtering down becomes harder. Keep an eye on Twitter and other WHU social media to see tickets being offered. I appreciate a high number of these tickets are offered due to a change in circumstances for the purchaser and they just want their ticket to be used. However that priority point remains with the purchaser.

There are also about 500 away STH who are allocated a match ticket automatically. Due to demand these had to be capped or, in essence, we would have the same fans going to all the away matches (within reason of course).

Priority points accrue for 2 years then the first year of the 2 falls away as the 3rd season starts i believe and am happy to be corrected on this.

It is becoming harder to follow the Hammers away.
PC Hammer

Postby brownout on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:11 pm

There is no excuse for the club taking low allocations when there is clearly demand. We would have sold 3000 at Man City.

I look forward to your response from the SAB when you raise this. I hope it's more successful than when I did a few years ago and my question was treated as just an annoyance, not only by the club but by many SAB members who never travel away and just wanted to talk about how wonderful it was going to be at Stratford.
brownout

Postby the pink palermo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 pm

The problem the club could address if it wanted to is the low allocations .

It is choosing not to because any unsold tickets are charged to the club ie it is a risk they won't take.

Further proof if needef the club are focussing on the wrong things
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Big George on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 pm

the pink palermo wrote:The problem the club could address if it wanted to is the low allocations .

It is choosing not to because any unsold tickets are charged to the club ie it is a risk they won't take.

When was the last time we didn’t sell out an away end? Nuts.
Big George

Postby mushy on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:30 am

I sometimes think that our board make decisions purely to provoke the fans, sort of showing them who is boss.
When was the last time the board made any sort of big decision that favoured us fans?

It could also be that they dont like us having a big away support, after all its the away support that tends to dish out stick. The home fans being generally too bored to care.
mushy

Postby Pop Robson on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 am

the pink palermo wrote:The problem the club could address if it wanted to is the low allocations .

Penny pinching since they took over, whilst buying overpriced two Bob overpaid players for Millions

I mean our Record Signing now in the history books, in years to come people will read that we paid £24 for him and wonder who he was and what he did !
Pop Robson

Postby PC Hammer on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Thanks again to all members and other Hammers fans who have contacted me and the WHUISA committee.

Thankfully there have been no sackings or visits from the taxman so the SAB goes ahead tonight from 6pm.

:scarfer:
PC Hammer

Postby gaptooth on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback all.

There are clearly a number of factors affecting the availability of away tickets at the moment (more STHs, away STHs and cheaper prices being the primary 'positive' ones - I'm still annoyed at having to pay £45 to see us at Elland Rd in the Championship!) but not taking the full away allocation is just taking the piss. But then there's nothing in it financially for GSB is there?

Used to have a season ticket in the Chicken Run, and fondly remember the protests against the Bond scheme. Feels like we're in need of something similar with the current incumbents. Anyway, I'll still be here when they've flogged us on. More power to the fans. COYI.
gaptooth

Postby Cottee on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm

It further takes the p*** and highlights even more how out of touch they are that City has sold out to 13 points.
Cottee

Postby mushy on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Cottee wrote:It further takes the p*** and highlights even more how out of touch they are that City has sold out to 13 points.

Yep,meaning those of us on 12 points downwards miss another opportunity to increase our points tally.
Effectively with these lower allocations, the gap will just keep growing and the away support will stagnate with the same people going week in and week out.
That to me is not a recipe for long term success, if people get out of the habit of going away (even sometimes) they will gradually lose interest. This means the away support will rely on those hardened supporters who never miss a game. Thats not a great business model in my eyes.
mushy

Postby brownout on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Can I suggest that away allocations is an ideal issue for WHUISA to get involved with on behalf of fans and to gain an achievable victory that will raise the Association’s profile.

It seems that in order to avoid the possible risk of having to pay for unsold seats the club has gone back on its promise to take maximum allocations. The only other explanation is that they simply want to minimise numbers travelling away.

We took 3000 to Man Utd, Burnley, Southampton & Newcastle. There is little doubt that we would have taken 3000 to Man City & Stoke if the tickets were available. How hard did they fight to get the full 10% of capacity we were entitled to at Arsenal? Everton is perhaps more excusable being midweek and it may be that there was no other intermediate level available under 3000, but say there were 500 empty seats and the club lost £15,000. Does that matter? It’s inconsequential to a business with our turnover.
The club like to boast about our great support but we can’t get behind the team if they won’t allow us to buy tickets. Small allocations limit demand as if friends can’t get a ticket those who could get them may choose not to go. At Manchester City home fans will be sitting in what should have been our seats, getting behind their team when the noise should have been for West Ham. What the club are doing is scandalous.

WHUISA should take this up as an immediate campaign. Not only with the club but with the media. Put out a press release and embarrass the club. Make sure that all the media covering the Man City game know why we don’t have our usual 3000 following. Perhaps a banner referring to the 1400 fans Gold, Sullivan & Brady kept away. Use social media. Try to get a journalist to take up the story – West Ham no longer want their loyal fans etc.

This is a winnable campaign and right is on the fans side. I hope that WHUISA will be willing to take it up as a strong campaign.
brownout

Postby clawhammer on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Totally agree with the above. If the same people are getting the away tickets nobody wii
L have the opportunity to get the points to go. For sure we need to take the most fans away as possible as we are going to need the support.
clawhammer

Postby MD_HM on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:29 pm

They know momentum is building against them... that’s your reason

They too well they would sell out if taken larger allocations and it’s happened since the “sack the board” noises.
MD_HM

Postby Cottee on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Was there not a meeting in midweek with Brady? Strangely (worryingly even) I've not seen any reports on what's been said from anyone, not just WHUISA but the usual mouthpieces, Whetstone etc
Cottee

Postby Kialos on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 pm

This was posted by the chairman on WHUISA facebook page re SAB meeting.

WHUISA brought up and made a number of points on behalf of the fans. These included away fan allocations / coach costs / Champions Place stones / stewarding / security amongst others. I will draw up a report and publish it soonest as i got in late last night and have a long day at work today. A number of other points were made during the discussion from other fans which i shall also include. Suffice to say the club took our points on board and there will be further dialogue in the near future.

He has not had time to do a full report yet and has had a lot of dealings with club and supporters over the Champions Place fiasco which we are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel
Kialos

Postby sanchoz on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Kialos wrote:This was posted by the chairman on WHUISA facebook page re SAB meeting.

WHUISA brought up and made a number of points on behalf of the fans. These included away fan allocations / coach costs / Champions Place stones / stewarding / security amongst others. I will draw up a report and publish it soonest as i got in late last night and have a long day at work today. A number of other points were made during the discussion from other fans which i shall also include. Suffice to say the club took our points on board and there will be further dialogue in the near future.

He has not had time to do a full report yet and has had a lot of dealings with club and supporters over the Champions Place fiasco which we are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel

Full report has now been emailed out to all WHUISA members so you should have an 8 page word document in your inboxes if you are a member. The write up from PCHammer will be posted here on KUMB very shortly.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Knighter10WHU on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the email Sanchoz as I had completely missed mine! Worth a read.

One thing that hasn't really been covered much yet in SAB meetings is the price of Claret Membership and how it doesn't offer much (if any) ticket priority for home matches over general sale and therefore offers no value for money.

I also think something needs to be done about the cost of tickets at London Stadium as they are still too high for 1-off games in my opinion for Claret Members and general sale.
Knighter10WHU

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion