WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Postby PC Hammer on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:46 pm

WHUISA today published the minutes of the recent SAB meeting at LS. All members should now have received their email while it has been published on the WHUISA website and FB pages.

You can read a copy by following the link below.

Feedback as always is welcome.

Always West Ham
WHUISA

http://www.whuisa.org/

:scarfer:
PC Hammer

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:58 pm

man city fans getting into the west ham area - what a load of bollox

they cant even sell out their own section !!!

its just an excuse to dilute the noise of the away section by the dildo bros
psychoscoredthelot

Postby DP on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:28 pm

What utter nonsense - i think Nicky Keyes is completely deluded and set apart from the client bases she is meant to represent. She spent 13 odd years at Villa and doubt she ever come across this problem.

Brady is probably telling her to run the ticket office on a zero risk basis.

Nicky is Brady's puppet.
DP

Postby brownout on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Feeble excuse. West Ham fans buy tickets on home areas not the other way round.
Was this challenged at the SAB?
brownout

Postby aaronhammer on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:50 pm

I’d love for them to present facts about the losses on away ticket sales they’ve had over the past 2 years (when taking the full allocation) to see how correct a decision it is. I’d be shocked if it’s more than what most of the first team earn in a week! We now have it confirmed that it is the bank balance at the forefront of this decision and not the fans - providing it is not being done to ‘teach us a lesson’ for the recent anti board chanting at away games.

The gall to say they’re preventing opposition fans getting tickets from our away allocation is unbelievable. Not only because there are many ways to prevent this (booking history?) but that so many opposition fans get in the home ends at the London Stadium!

On this basis though, at the London Stadium we cant lessen the allocation to away teams because of the set up of the stadium, so does that mean clubs always have to buy the full amount from us regardless?
aaronhammer

Postby mushy on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:50 pm

DP wrote:
Brady is probably telling her to run the ticket office on a zero risk basis.

Nicky is Brady's puppet.

Without doubt on both counts.
TBF you cannot really work for Brady without being her puppet.
mushy

Postby Big George on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:22 pm

aaronhammer wrote:I’d love for them to present facts about the losses on away ticket sales they’ve had over the past 2 years (when taking the full allocation) to see how correct a decision it is. I’d be shocked if it’s more than what most of the first team earn in a week! We now have it confirmed that it is the bank balance at the forefront of this decision and not the fans - providing it is not being done to ‘teach us a lesson’ for the recent anti board chanting at away games.

The gall to say they’re preventing opposition fans getting tickets from our away allocation is unbelievable. Not only because there are many ways to prevent this (booking history?) but that so many opposition fans get in the home ends at the London Stadium!

On this basis though, at the London Stadium we cant lessen the allocation to away teams because of the set up of the stadium, so does that mean clubs always have to buy the full amount from us regardless?

when did we last not sell out an away section?
Big George

Postby westhamshares on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Gaptooth you have a PM

Are whuisa allowed to distribute literature at a home game ?

If yes can I suggest you start giving out flyers ASAP as I suspect the vast majority of people going to ls have never heard of whuisa

And I'd certainly suggest giving out flyers at away games though expect to get more stick at away games from people thinking whuisa is just a spokesperson for the club - as I personally know several involved I know that not to be true but as you can't have an anti board stance as a policy you will automatically be assumed to be patsies for the club

Good luck in your endeavours
westhamshares

Postby brownout on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Did WHUISA challenge the club's ludicrous explanation at the SAB?
And what are you doing to get them to understand that we will sell these allocations and make sure we get maximum tickets in future.
brownout

Postby hadleighhammer on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 pm

brownout wrote:Did WHUISA challenge the club's ludicrous explanation at the SAB?
And what are you doing to get them to understand that we will sell these allocations and make sure we get maximum tickets in future.

A good question as the minutes seem to suggest it wasnt.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby NorthernIron on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:25 pm

westhamshares wrote:Gaptooth you have a PM

Are whuisa allowed to distribute literature at a home game ?

If yes can I suggest you start giving out flyers ASAP as I suspect the vast majority of people going to ls have never heard of whuisa

And I'd certainly suggest giving out flyers at away games though expect to get more stick at away games from people thinking whuisa is just a spokesperson for the club - as I personally know several involved I know that not to be true but as you can't have an anti board stance as a policy you will automatically be assumed to be patsies for the club

Good luck in your endeavours

We’ve been handing out WHUISA contact cards home and away for the last 6 months. Given out personally, and left at the bar and on shelves for fans to pick up. Even Spirit of Shankly were impressed and have a photo of one on their Facebook page :thup:
NorthernIron

Postby Kialos on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:42 am

WHUISA have made contact with the club inc Nicola Keyes about the allocations for Man City and Arsenal away cup game. Don't forget we engage with the club weekly, not just at sporadic SAB meetings.

I can assure you that the comments made about home fans buying our away tickets immediately came up on our the radar. We have two ASTH and at least another 3 who go to a large percentage of away games so we know the score and I agree with the comments already made on this thread about how counterproductive it is. It denies northern fans the chance to see the team, it denies those who may not be able to get a ticket otherwise a chance to get on the points ladder and more importantly see an away game. It means fans can't plan as a group of friends as they can't be sure who will get a ticket and who wont etc.

We are on it but whether the club will listen? That is the question.

Westhamshares. Yes I agree with you, we are doing more work on this in addition to what is already taking place re card handouts at games.
Kialos

Postby mushy on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:50 am

Great work Kialos, if you appealed for help on this site to distribute flyers etc am sure you would get a positive result.
When you say you are in contact with the club on a weekly basis, can you say what format the contact takes?
mushy

Postby Kialos on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:57 am

Thank you very much mushy :thup:

PC Hammer speaks to the club and also emails them depending in what the issue is. For example tickets is going to be Nicola Keyes, Champions Place stones Jake Heath / Tara Warren etc.
Kialos

Postby hadleighhammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:37 am

Kialos wrote:I can assure you that the comments made about home fans buying our away tickets immediately came up on our the radar.

Great it's on WHUISA's radar, but was this actually verbally challenged by any WHUISA member at the meeting?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Postby Albie Beck on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:09 am

For me this taking of the lowest possible allocation is the number one current issue. And I get the strong smell of BS emanating from the fragrant Nic...
Albie Beck

Postby taffhammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 am

Can you ask why its against health and safety to put West Ham flags on the foor in the gap between the stands and pitch and yet you can have a green carpet that is all crumpled up with no issues what so ever ?

The void between stands and pitch full of flags would look much better.
taffhammer

Postby gaptooth on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:41 pm

NorthernIron wrote:We’ve been handing out WHUISA contact cards home and away for the last 6 months. Given out personally, and left at the bar and on shelves for fans to pick up. Even Spirit of Shankly were impressed and have a photo of one on their Facebook page :thup:

If you want to send me some I'll gladly distribute them amongst mates north and south. A few are STH's but not heard them mention WHUISA. Alternatively, I've managed to get tickets for Everton next week (via here rather than official outlets!) so could get some then?
gaptooth

Postby Kialos on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:21 pm

hadleighhammer wrote:
Great it's on WHUISA's radar, but was this actually verbally challenged by any WHUISA member at the meeting?

I wasn't at the meeting so cannot answer for certain so rather not say something that turns out to not be correct. PC Hammer was at SAB so if you see him on here collar him or DM!

It has been challenged to the club direct.
Kialos

Postby hadleighhammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Kialos wrote:

I wasn't at the meeting so cannot answer for certain so rather not say something that turns out to not be correct. PC Hammer was at SAB so if you see him on here collar him or DM!

It has been challenged to the club direct.

Fair enough. A missed rare opportunity if it wasnt as that would be the correct time and place to challenge IMO, and Im assuming the next 1 will be a while away even if GSB allow it.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion