WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Kialos on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Hadleighhammer, most of this post is for the benefit of people who may not know why WHUISA are different to SAB so forgive me using my reply to you to highlight this to others.

The thing is, challenging the club is not a rare opportunity, we don't need the SAB to do so. We engage direct with the club when the need arises, which at the moment is regularly!

WHUISA is independent and democratic. No one else on SAB has a similar mandate. I'm not throwing shade on the individuals, several are long term fans who have done the miles so to speak

However, and as an example I see that there are people representing 1966 seats and away fans on SAB. I'm both and don't have a clue who these people are. Therefore, how are they representing me? They've not asked for my views and I have no idea how to contact them if I wanted to let them know my views.

On the other hand anyone can join WHUISA if they want and elect people like me who is then bound by the associations constitution. We are accountable. We ask for feedback from members via our twitter feed, facebook and website and on here. This thread is not in some locked off part of KUMB that no one can see. You are asking questions of WHUISA and you are getting a response. It is all transparent.

Anyway to actually give a bit more meat on the bone to your earlier question :)

I've had at look at the quick feedback given post SAB to committee and face to face representations were made to Nicola Keye. She is head of ticketing. Whether this was in front of everyone else at SAB I don't know, but I do know PC Hammer is very much aware of the issues regarding these low allocations and will have put his point across robustly.
Kialos

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association #WHUISA

Postby hadleighhammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks for the info/explanation Kialos :thup:

Im just cynical GSB will just disengage with WHUISA and revert to only talking to the (I assume vetted) SAB if too many difficut questions are asked and responses challenged. It would be good to see in future minutes the details you talk of where WHUISA have pushed a topic on behalf of supporters.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby Kialos on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 pm

http://www.whuisa.org/

The notes PC Hammer made at the SAB (and he is not the minute taker) are posted on the website. Page 7 covers away tickets

You will note that of the 120 minutes available the club took up 75 using death by power point.

If the club refuse to engage with WHUISA that is up to them but seeing as we are a recognised body by the Premier League, FA, Met Police and Football Supporters Federation we'll continue regardless.

I think the events of recent days had brought home to the club that they need the fans onside.
Kialos

Postby hadleighhammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Kialos wrote:.
I think the events of recent days had brought home to the club that they need the fans onside.

Hope so. :thup:

WHUISA will need more patience than the likes of me where that shipped sailed a long time ago though...
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby NorthernIron on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 pm

gaptooth wrote:
If you want to send me some I'll gladly distribute them amongst mates north and south. A few are STH's but not heard them mention WHUISA. Alternatively, I've managed to get tickets for Everton next week (via here rather than official outlets!) so could get some then?

Gaptooth, you’ve a PM about the cards, cheers.
NorthernIron

Postby mushy on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Kialos wrote:However, and as an example I see that there are people representing 1966 seats and away fans on SAB. I'm both and don't have a clue who these people are..

Not only that Kialos, how did these people get elected/picked for the role?
I know plenty in the 1966 and where I can I travel away, so am close to both but never heard or seen any communication as regards anyone representing these groups.

I havent seen anyone (as you say) that represents me, apart from WHUISA and UTJ/Gnome when they go to their thing.
Was it all done in the match programme or official site? I read neither unless forced to..
mushy

Postby sanchoz on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 pm

mushy wrote:Not only that Kialos, how did these people get elected/picked for the role?

Sean Whetstone and the club. They chose SAB members this season.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby NorthernIron on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 pm

Mushy, re the above, it looks like anyone can apply to join the SAB via the club website. There are still links, but no new applicants being added this season. :thup:
NorthernIron

Postby Big George on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:58 pm

mushy wrote:Not only that Kialos, how did these people get elected/picked for the role?

They asked WHUISA to help pick members, we politely declined.
Big George

Postby Kialos on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:28 pm

As with all away games, WHUISA committee members will be in attendance at Everton and Manchester City.

Also the Checkatrade game at Wycombe on Tuesday.

If anyone wishes to ask questions or raise a concern they have please get in touch and we will be happy to speak in person.
Kialos

Postby sanchoz on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:50 pm

As emailed out to WHUISA members earlier today:

Dear WHUISA member,

Following on from the issues raised by WHUISA at the recent SAB meeting, West Ham Utd has agreed to meet with the WHUISA committee on 30 November 2017.

We want to know what is important to you. Please tell us what you want us to raise at this meeting.

We are aware of a number of issues:

- experience of home fans in and outside the stadium
- away fans ticket allocation / priority points / travel
- champions stones
- club communication
- home games ticketing
- club memberships
- stewarding at home games
- food and catering
- disability access and treatment of disabled fans

We can't promise to raise every single members' question or concern but we will do our best to raise the issues that are most important to our 800 strong membership.

We look forward to hearing from you by return.

Always West Ham United
WHUISA committee
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Should be a busy day for Ms Brady. The next "bloggers" meeting is happening the same day.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Big George on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Up the Junction wrote:Should be a busy day for Ms Brady. The next "bloggers" meeting is happening the same day.

What time boss?
Big George

Postby Albie Beck on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:40 pm

sanchoz wrote:- away fans ticket allocation / priority points / travel

I'd really like to see the PP for home cup games done away with. By all means have cup purchase history be taken account of for the later stages of the competition (should we get to as SF or to Wembley etc...) but why on earth should attending a Caribou Cup R3 game against Stanley or Stevenage result in a point towards going to Bournemouth away in the PL? Why should they be related? It's causing a distortion.
Albie Beck

Postby mywhufc on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 pm

Up the Junction wrote:Should be a busy day for Ms Brady. The next "bloggers" meeting is happening the same day.

Big George wrote:What time boss?

After your fraud of a meeting, which i did tell you on friday.
mywhufc

Postby chalks on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:03 pm

sanchoz wrote:
Sean Whetstone and the club. They chose SAB members this season.

That bloke is so in bed with the board it’s embarrassing
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby Belchio on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Chalks.

Almost like hes been tapped up to act as their puppet
Belchio

Postby Up the Junction on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Big George wrote:What time boss?

As N said. FWIW I'm not going.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby brooking_1980 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:05 pm

How come you're not going UTJ ?
brooking_1980

Postby sicknote on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Im not a member of wHUISA

But , if I was , I’d now be backing out, I watched the early doors dealings of setting this up on here and elsewhere, and wanted and still want this to succeed, but I never was comfortable with any part of WHUISA either signing an NDA ever when meetng with the club or and especially being a part of the SAB a totally untrustworthy group set up purely to rubber stamp all the clubs ideas and plans and making it look like they have consulted, it’s this part of being conjoined with the devil in our owners as are the SAB in whole and are not and never will be trusted on impartiality, and that to me is detrimental to your plans to help all West Ham United supporters

I cannot see any benefit of being at SAB meetings at all for the credibility of your association unless you are dealing with or for supporters who have blind trust in our clubs owners

Sorry but looking from the outside that’s the impression
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion