WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby the pink palermo on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:33 am

This is meant as a supportive comment not a criticism of WHUISA:

Does it have a sufficient infrastructure to operate in the democratic way it wishes to ?

Does it have the IT capability, administrative skills and consultative capability to truly reflect it's members wishes ?

For example, I read on here - interestingly it was on here and not on the WHUISA website - that it now has c.4,000 members ( perhaps one of the committee could confirm) : If every member decided to attend the AGM , could they be accommodated in the meeting venue ? Policy will of course be determined by those who turn up.

How does it, or how does it intend to publish it's proposals for dialogue with the club on issues such as this -

brownout wrote:Do WHUISA have a view on the 10% ballot for away tickets and if so have they made the club aware of this?

A serious point made by, presumably, a WHUISA member on a current hot topic . I vaguely recollect some sort of survey but would anyone who joined WHUISA today know what the associations stated position is , and crucially, if they opposed the current policy, how they would go about getting it changed.

What's more, what mechanism is in place to ensure WHUISA members are legitimate supporters - surely such a policy as the one referred to above should be to reflect the wishes of those who go to matches and I can't help but feel the voice of those with hard earned points is not being heard.

Finally are members aware of why WHUISA exists, the bulk of the work it does and what the outcome of their efforts are ?

It's a lot of hard work running an ISA, unpaid and in your own time - does the committee feel they have the structure to cope ?

A polite suggestion is some thought needs to be given to that as a matter of urgency or supporters will drift away.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Big George on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:17 am

Piece in Recorder Newspaper this week.

Incoming WHUISA Chair,Northern Iron will be a “critical friend” of the club as membership passes four thousand.

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-5645670

A chance to remind you about the WHUISA AGM 1/9, midday at White Posts Hackney Wick.
Big George

Postby RM9 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 am

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote:
Any member could have stood for election and all members could vote, bar the odd member whose emails have not been responded to owing to technical issues.

How many ballot forms were sent out? Was it the ‘odd member’, was it 25% of the membership, even 50%?

I know people are doing this in their own time on limited resources, I get that. But if you want to be taken seriously going forward, you need to get your **** together. Especially when it comes to elections!!
RM9

Postby Hammer.CA on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:09 pm

RM9 wrote:
How many ballot forms were sent out? Was it the ‘odd member’, was it 25% of the membership, even 50%?

I know people are doing this in their own time on limited resources, I get that. But if you want to be taken seriously going forward, you need to get your **** together. Especially when it comes to elections!!

:thup:
I think you've got more chance of getting a response on here than by sending an email to WHUISA that's for sure.
Hammer.CA

Postby Kialos on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:22 pm

There is always the option of going over to the podium bar and picking up a voting paper from one of the other groups out there if you think WHUISA is not for you.
Kialos

Postby e17 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Kialos wrote:There is always the option of going over to the podium bar and picking up a voting paper from one of the other groups out there if you think WHUISA is not for you.

Might pop in wearing my “Corbyn 4 PM” hoody and pick one up
e17

Postby Hammer.CA on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Kialos wrote:There is always the option of going over to the podium bar and picking up a voting paper from one of the other groups out there if you think WHUISA is not for you.

I'm assuming that is a dig at me complaining. I gave a decent sum of money to the RWHFAG and got shafted and I paid the membership fee to the WHUISA, for that I didn't get a voting form and therefore didn't get to vote and I believe I wasn't the only person this happened to. I sent 2 emails about the election and haven't received a reply to either of them so I could do without the sarcastic comment about going to the Podium Bar especially as I don't attend home games due to my dislike of the athletics stadium and the 3 Stooges in charge of the club so the chances of me making a 260 mile round trip are zero. I'll carry on voicing my opinion on this subject, if that offends you that is your problem not mine.
Hammer.CA

Postby Kialos on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm not offended by you, on the contrary I feel sorry for you. You don't seem to be able to cope very well dealing with something that whilst annoying should have been dispatched to the **** happens bin by now
Kialos

Postby ayriron on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:47 pm

[quote

We responded to everyone we could who emailed to say their ballot paper didn't come through, we posted on here, on other websites and on our social channels. I am sorry you fell through the net.[/quote]

sorry BG i fell through the net as well
ayriron

Postby Big George on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:59 am

[quote="ayriron”]

sorry BG i fell through the net as well[/quote]

I really sorry to everyone who missed out. We did ask on here and on our social channels to contact us so you could be added manually, clearly that didn’t reach everyone.

The most common reason for people falling through the net is that they unsubscribed themselves from the list. It is very easy to do on a phone, the “load all images” and “unsubscribe from this list” buttons are very close to each other. I’ve done it myself.

We think no more than a dozen, probably less missed out. I know this no consolation because by voting, you feel part of something and that is important to what WHUISA is all about.

The results were also quite clear and will be published at the AGM, evening if the dozen will have voted one way, it wouldn’t have affected the result.

This is our first mass election, we will talk about what we can do better.
Big George

Postby clawhammer on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:31 am

Definitely more than a few dozen. I also have emailed and not got replies and this seems to be common. Not sure why and tbf I am not suggesting anything deliberate behind it but a significant number of members appear to have been disenfranchised. A candidate not supported by the anti board faction has slipped through so I think that the committee would do well to accept some of the IT advice being offered.
I do think it is a bit off that people who come on to give the feedback that they are not getting emails are then getting sarcastic comments for doing so.
I joined because I think that there should be an independent supporters association but If ever I feel that that “independent “ becomes more important than “ supporters” then I will lose interest.
clawhammer

Postby e-20 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:49 am

Kialos wrote:I'm not offended by you, on the contrary I feel sorry for you. You don't seem to be able to cope very well dealing with something that whilst annoying should have been dispatched to the **** happens bin by now

I really don't see how your rather patronising and dismissive response to his very real grievance is in any way constructive. After all this is the correct thread for expressing it is it not.
e-20

Postby Big George on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:23 pm

clawhammer wrote:Definitely more than a few dozen. I also have emailed and not got replies and this seems to be common. Not sure why and tbf I am not suggesting anything deliberate behind it but a significant number of members appear to have been disenfranchised. A candidate not supported by the anti board faction has slipped through so I think that the committee would do well to accept some of the IT advice being offered.
I do think it is a bit off that people who come on to give the feedback that they are not getting emails are then getting sarcastic comments for doing so.
I joined because I think that there should be an independent supporters association but If ever I feel that that “independent “ becomes more important than “ supporters” then I will lose interest.

I thought you got sorted CH?

Again, if people can PM me I will try to sort it.

As i said before, we mentioned it on here, on our twitter and facebook, we asked people to get in touch.

The main problem was unsubscribing but we also had people who had changed email address and some who never joined in the first place. All of these are easily fixable but they take time.

I'm away from Tuesday, if you want to message me in the next 24 hours I will try to sort it the best I can before the AGM.

We have had a great year but there are people who resent what we are trying to do and try and to to stop us. We all have a few more scars than we had this time last year. We thought supporters would welcome a democratic independent association, not all of them do. If some people react a bit harshly, that's why.
Big George

R: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Kialos on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:44 pm

People have made their point but to keep going on about is not going to change anything . You have no idea how much work those people have put in for our benefit. I don't know why they bother when all they get is whingeing.
Kialos

Re: R: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby clawhammer on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Kialos wrote:People have made their point but to keep going on about is not going to change anything . You have no idea how much work those people have put in for our benefit. I don't know why they bother when all they get is whingeing.

Fair enough. I understand that WHUISA is run by volunteers. It is comments like yours above that rub people up the wrong way. No need. As I have no intention of getting involved I have nothing but best wishes for those who have. Constructive comments well meant should be listened to in the spirit in which they are intended. That is not whinging. Whinging about whinging is whinging! :D
clawhammer

Postby wizzo_66 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Big George wrote:Again, if people can PM me I will try to sort it.

As i said before, we mentioned it on here, on our twitter and facebook, we asked people to get in touch.

I PM'd you, and Mark, and posted on here several times, and I emailed info@ 3 times, I tweeted, I posted on Facebook and I eventually gave up.

I'm sure I'm not alone. I was literally trying to contact you almost daily towards the end of the election process.

Kialos- I know what it's like to run something of this scale in my spare time (trust me). And this should eventually grow to something much bigger than my experience entails.

But thus far, to run the election they have with the level of unresponsiveness that they have, is not good enough, in my respectful opinion.

Park the fact someone was allowed to stand that is clearly contrary to being any sort of 'independent'.
wizzo_66

Postby Big George on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Wizzo, I looked back through my messages for the last 6 months and I have nothing from you. I can't change what had passed but we can improve things for the future
Big George

Re: R: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Kialos on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:17 pm

clawhammer wrote:Fair enough. I understand that WHUISA is run by volunteers. It is comments like yours above that rub people up the wrong way. No need. As I have no intention of getting involved I have nothing but best wishes for those who have. Constructive comments well meant should be listened to in the spirit in which they are intended. That is not whinging. Whinging about whinging is whinging! :D

I couldn't care less if my comments rub people up the wrong way, I'm sticking up for West Ham fans who unlike you and I are doing more that just sitting on their arses posting on an internet forum. If you think someone continually moaning about not getting a voting paper is constructive when an apology has already been made we have a different understanding of the word constructive.

Like I said, good luck to the new committee.
Kialos

Postby mushy on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:29 pm

I would like to defend both the WHUISA and Big George in these matters.
I didn't get a voting form (no idea why). But I mentioned it on this thread and George got in touch and it was all sorted very quickly.
I would also like to echo those who have pointed out that all these people are volunteers and give up quite a bit of their own time, something that we may like to consider before we go into our own little moan fest.
Well done all of you for giving it a go.
mushy

Postby Big George on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm

mushy wrote:I would like to defend both the WHUISA and Big George in these matters.
I didn't get a voting form (no idea why). But I mentioned it on this thread and George got in touch and it was all sorted very quickly.
I would also like to echo those who have pointed out that all these people are volunteers and give up quite a bit of their own time, something that we may like to consider before we go into our own little moan fest.
Well done all of you for giving it a go.

Cheers Mushy.
Big George

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion