WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby mushy on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Which one is the White Posts?
Is that the one down an alley way sort of opposite Howling Hops?
mushy
 
Posts: 13624
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Kumb Poster of the year 2009

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby bengeo on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:50 pm

Mushy - yes
bengeo
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Big George on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:11 pm

We will be in an upstairs room. Look forward to seeing you Mushy
User avatar
Big George
 
Posts: 10585
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Www.Twitter.com/sgfmann

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby mushy on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:39 am

Sincere apologies for not making it due
to 'unforseen circumstances '.
What happened?
mushy
 
Posts: 13624
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Kumb Poster of the year 2009

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby NorthernIron on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Minutes will be going out shortly :thup:
User avatar
NorthernIron
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: info@whuisa.org

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby hammerman11 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:52 am

so what are WHUISA actively promoting/supporting. I looked on the site and couldn't find anything other than generalisations. what do they want ie move, own the LS rebuild it, more shelves for beer, better stadium PA , etc.

I cant see the club being able to do too much to be fair to them if the carpet fiasco is anything to go by !

I would like to know what, if any, improvements WHUISA have brought about at stratford ?

thanks
hammerman11
 
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:43 pm

The most recent Canning Town Len video may make for uncomfortable viewing.
User avatar
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
 
Posts: 39610
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Sexy football not sexist football

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:50 pm

the pink palermo wrote:The most recent Canning Town Len video may make for uncomfortable viewing.



is there a link Pinkster ?????
User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
 
Posts: 30764
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:13 pm

the pink palermo wrote:The most recent Canning Town Len video may make for uncomfortable viewing.


That'll be the Sean Whetstone and the Pigeon video . :)
User avatar
The Old Man of Storr
 
Posts: 18057
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Lost In the Recesses Of My Mind .

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:14 pm

https://twitter.com/i/status/1040206871901163521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
The Old Man of Storr
 
Posts: 18057
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Lost In the Recesses Of My Mind .

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby NorthernIron on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:23 am

There are a few updates on the WHUISA website added recently.

WHUISA met with the FSF and other PL club reps recently and we've just added the notes. We'll be at the FSF meeting with the Premier League on 11th October.

Champions League and Europa Cup finals in New York in 2021 anyone? :fsake:
User avatar
NorthernIron
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: info@whuisa.org

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:59 am

is new York in Europe nowadays ?

disgrace

football selling its soul again
hammerman11
 
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby the pink palermo on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:28 am

NorthernIron wrote: We'll be at the FSF meeting with the Premier League on 11th October.




*********Breaking ranks here********

That's all well and good Northerniron but has the club recognised WHUISA as yet and if so is there a meaningful dialogue on any issues that matter to WHU supporter ?

My personal agenda, things that grind my gears....

Booking fees for tickets

Low resale values on the ticket trader system while the club profiteers

High cost of food and non alcoholic drinks at the stadium

Lack of support for travelling fans with late return football special trains or subsidised coaches - even getting back from Brighton was hard work the other night.

The unfair queue jumping caused by the 10% ballot

The clubs image being harmed by the Brady bull**** column in the ***

Why we are fighting the landlord for extra seats when the stadium already has 10,000 empty but paid for seats per game......

The foodbank thing is all well and good but is it the top priority for WHUISA members as opposed to WHUISA committee members ? Not one supporter has ever suggested in any conversation with me the need for a foodbank, hundreds have mentioned football specials for mid week games up North.

First up though, has the club entered in to a dialogue and if not what is the committees plan to get them to do so ?
User avatar
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
 
Posts: 39610
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Sexy football not sexist football

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby NorthernIron on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks for your comments Pinky, and yes we do have ongoing dialogue with the club. We'll update developments on the website.

Appreciate your personal agenda, which is more or less what we all want to see. Any comments on the SAB btw? :) There will be a member's survey going out very soon, as well as a WHUISA member's update.

Glad to see your support of the foodbank project, which shows how our fans can help the local community, with more or less a million fans going to the stadium over a season. Being part of the FSF PL group, we see what other fan's groups are doing in their communities, and the unanimous positive support when this was discussed at the AGM shows members are on-board, alongside other actions we wish to take this season.
Last edited by the pink palermo on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote removed, it's immediately above this post
User avatar
NorthernIron
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: info@whuisa.org

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Big George on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:53 am

Pinky,

We have talked to the club, but they want to control everything SAB style.

We're trying to see if there anyway this WHUSB can work, but they won't even talk to us about it. We are trying arrange a meeting with national supporters groups to try and get some real fans onside, people who won't just tell them what they want to hear but I guess they want to repeat the mistakes of the SAB.

The attitude is either we accept the constraints put on us by the club (no discussion with members, no consulting except with other SAB members, never disagreeing with club communications, always taking the Brady line) or we campaign from the outside.

As regards the foodbank stuff, we're sticking a few cans in a box when we go away because we are nice people. It's not central to what we do but as well it's own value, it helps build relations with other supporters' groups. if we do more, it will be a sideline.
User avatar
Big George
 
Posts: 10585
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Www.Twitter.com/sgfmann

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Albie Beck on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:42 pm

Big George wrote:We have talked to the club, but they want to control everything SAB style.

We're trying to see if there anyway this WHUSB can work, but they won't even talk to us about it. We are trying arrange a meeting with national supporters groups to try and get some real fans onside, people who won't just tell them what they want to hear but I guess they want to repeat the mistakes of the SAB.

The attitude is either we accept the constraints put on us by the club (no discussion with members, no consulting except with other SAB members, never disagreeing with club communications, always taking the Brady line) or we campaign from the outside.

George, imo the only way WHUISA can be truly effective is by being outside the Club's influence. I said at the time it was a mistake to join the SAB, and the WHUSB will be no different.
Albie Beck
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:42 am

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby the pink palermo on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 am

Big George wrote:We have talked to the club, but they want to control everything SAB style.


Which given the INDEPENDENT aspect of WHUISA, I assume is unacceptable ?

Big George wrote:We're trying to see if there anyway this WHUSB can work, but they won't even talk to us about it.
The fact they won't talk with WHUISA already confirms it won't work, the club are effectively attaching a pre condition to all and any discussions by insisting it is through their approved vehicle not the one thousands of supporters have paid up for.

Big George wrote:We are trying arrange a meeting with national supporters groups
Not sure who you mean by this, can you elaborate please ?
Big George wrote: to try and get some real fans onside, people who won't just tell them what they want to hear but I guess they want to repeat the mistakes of the SAB.
The whole point of the SAB is to create the illusion of consultation without ceding an inch of control. The SAB is not a group representing supporters it is a collection of individuals representing themselves. That's the very opposite of a supporters association, so how can it work ?
Big George wrote:The attitude is either we accept the constraints put on us by the club (no discussion with members, no consulting except with other SAB members, never disagreeing with club communications, always taking the Brady line)
In which case there would be no point in WHUISA existing......
Big George wrote: or we campaign from the outside.
That's more like it, and hopefully the links with the media and FSF you can make it clear the club continues to refuse a properly constituted ISA, one with thousands of paid up members and instead "consults" with unelected, unrepresentative individuals ( other than of their own individual views).

What scope do WHUISA have to actively (peacefully) picket any SAB meetings to make attendees aware they are being suckered in by the highly manipulative club media machine ? I'm sure somebody in the media would pick up the story.....
Big George wrote:As regards the foodbank stuff, we're sticking a few cans in a box when we go away because we are nice people. It's not central to what we do but as well it's own value, it helps build relations with other supporters' groups. if we do more, it will be a sideline.


George, the foodbank stuff is commendable and a "nice" thing to do : it's decency . However, there is a certain irony in a foodbank being established by the supporters association of a PL football club in a borough where the then elected officials wasted £40m of local residents money on a failed and ill thought through business venture.

Just imagine what local residents could have done with £40m and that is a scandal WHUISA really ought to be highlighting.

IMO of course.
User avatar
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
 
Posts: 39610
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Sexy football not sexist football

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby mushy on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:44 pm

I see that after dialogue with WHUISA the club have decided they will fix the poor state of the Championship stones. Remember them anyone? The last few weeks has seen hot dog stalls on top of them .
mushy
 
Posts: 13624
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Kumb Poster of the year 2009

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Big George on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:33 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Which given the INDEPENDENT aspect of WHUISA, I assume is unacceptable ?


Yes

the pink palermo wrote:The fact they won't talk with WHUISA already confirms it won't work, the club are effectively attaching a pre condition to all and any discussions by insisting it is through their approved vehicle not the one thousands of supporters have paid up for.


We haven't given up but we will remain independent

the pink palermo wrote: Not sure who you mean by this, can you elaborate please ?


FSF & SD. WHU want approval which they won't get unless it is democratic, transparent and in the best interests of the supporters etc

the pink palermo wrote: The whole point of the SAB is to create the illusion of consultation without ceding an inch of control. The SAB is not a group representing supporters it is a collection of individuals representing themselves. That's the very opposite of a supporters association, so how can it work ?


Good question. It can't on that model.

the pink palermo wrote: In which case there would be no point in WHUISA existing......


agreed

the pink palermo wrote: That's more like it, and hopefully the links with the media and FSF you can make it clear the club continues to refuse a properly constituted ISA, one with thousands of paid up members and instead "consults" with unelected, unrepresentative individuals ( other than of their own individual views).


It would nice to see you at the meeting Pinky with views like this

the pink palermo wrote:What scope do WHUISA have to actively (peacefully) picket any SAB meetings to make attendees aware they are being suckered in by the highly manipulative club media machine ? I'm sure somebody in the media would pick up the story.....


Depends what the committee/membership want to do.

the pink palermo wrote:George, the foodbank stuff is commendable and a "nice" thing to do : it's decency . However, there is a certain irony in a foodbank being established by the supporters association of a PL football club in a borough where the then elected officials wasted £40m of local residents money on a failed and ill thought through business venture.

Just imagine what local residents could have done with £40m and that is a scandal WHUISA really ought to be highlighting.

IMO of course.


But it shouldn't stop us from doing something good. Newham made a rubbish decision, it's for the voters of Newham to hold them to account over that. We've got enough on our plate.
User avatar
Big George
 
Posts: 10585
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Www.Twitter.com/sgfmann

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Big George on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:34 pm

mushy wrote:I see that after dialogue with WHUISA the club have decided they will fix the poor state of the Championship stones. Remember them anyone? The last few weeks has seen hot dog stalls on top of them .


cheers for bringing that up Mushy. https://whuisa.org/news/2018/10/7/champ ... b-responds
User avatar
Big George
 
Posts: 10585
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Www.Twitter.com/sgfmann

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austin 'Ammer, Colours never run, danski78, PF. and 36 guests