Havard Nordtveit. Embryonic cult hero?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Havard Nordtveit. Embryonic cult hero?

Postby bubbles1966 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:43 am

Where has he disappeared to?
bubbles1966

Postby Lostcoco on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:46 am

Been wondering wheres hes gone. No word on him being injured either. Maybe he fell out with Bilic
Lostcoco

Postby kayahammer on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:33 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:Where has he disappeared to?

I don't care. As long as he's nowhere near our team
kayahammer

Postby hammer1975 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:36 pm

not sure where he fits in with Kouyate back in midfield, Byram back at right back and no European football tbh
hammer1975

Postby Jumby on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:36 pm

If someone offered to take him on a free I'd let him go, just to get him out of the way and stop him blocking the path to the first team for some of our kids.
Jumby

Postby only1post on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Injury news from whufc.com on 18/1

The Hammers will again be without Dimitri Payet, while Cheikhou Kouyate and Andre Ayew are at the Africa Cup of Nations, and Alvaro Arbeloa, Arthur Masuaku, Havard Nordtveit, Diafra Sakho and Gokhan Tore are injured.

much like Feghouli, we need to give this guy a bit more time before we write him off.
How many times has he played in his preferred position as a defensive midfielder.
Look how high the two full backs are on our second goal, if we play like that you need someone to sit.
only1post

Postby Jumby on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:48 pm

only1post wrote:if we play like that you need someone to sit.

Just not him.
Jumby

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Embryonic cult hero?

Go on then, I'm in!

I'm happy to give him a bit more time, after all and like others have already stated, look what we would have lost had we given Reidy the boot after a few months and lets be honest, the RB position does seem to be a bit of a poisoned challis at the moment.

Did make me chuckle with the comments about him whistling when he runs. Maybe you song makers out there can come up with something to the theme tune of "Thomas the tank engine" or "The Railway children"!!
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby Colours never run on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:24 am

I said the same thing everytime he played for us.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby dodger on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:25 am

Jumby wrote:If someone offered to take him on a free I'd let him go, just to get him out of the way and stop him blocking the path to the first team for some of our kids.

Good point. It's not just that he's not very good, it's also that he seems higher in the pecking order than the likes of Oxford and Burke, which is just wrong.

If we can get any money at all for him I'd take it.
dodger

Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Postby Nesticles on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:18 pm

I wonder if he will be recalled into the starting 11 with Obiang out

Struggled (like most of our team has) trying to 'do a job' at RB

With little to play for I wouldn't mind seeing what he could offer in a run of games in his actual position
Nesticles

Postby dvincent on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Since he has been here, has he even been played as a midfielder? Im not saying he is going to be amazing, but can we judge a player based on him playing at right back or for the occasional 5 minutes at the end of a game? I think we should at least give him a game or 2 in his favoured position now Obiang is out for the season.
dvincent

Postby MD_HM on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Midfielder, centre back or right back.... still have to be able to pass, control the ball and tackle

Bloke looks useless....
MD_HM

Postby WestHamIFC on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:36 pm

dvincent wrote:Since he has been here, has he even been played as a midfielder?

Yes, I recall him playing there at Chelsea and home to Bournemouth.

And yes, he was absolute hor$e$hit in both matches. If anything he was marginally better @ RB from what I remember!

Fernandes should rightfully be streets ahead of Nordy in the pecking order to replace Obiang, imo.
WestHamIFC

Postby johnnyb on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:42 pm

[quote="Nesticles"]I wonder if he will be recalled into the starting 11 with Obiang out

Struggled (like most of our team has) trying to 'do a job' at RB

With little to play for I wouldn't mind seeing what he could offer in a run of games in his actual position[/quoteo

We have everything to play for. With the paper thin squad we now have I think we will end up right bang in the fight to avoid the third relegation place. Looking at our remaining games I can only see one probable win and a succession of heavy defeats. Sleepwalking to disaster if you ask me.
johnnyb

Postby Colours never run on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:51 pm

MD_HM wrote:Midfielder, centre back or right back.... still have to be able to pass, control the ball and tackle

Bloke looks useless....

We've been watching the same player.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby YorksHammer on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:08 pm

WestHamIFC wrote:And yes, he was absolute hor$e$hit in both matches. If anything he was marginally better @ RB from what I remember!

He was actually alright against Bournemouth - nothing special, but alright. Made a lot of interceptions in that game, as I remember, and looked a lot more like the player I thought we had signed based on his time at Gladbach, and I don't think he lost possession at all in that game if I'm remember rightly, as I commented on it afterwards to my friends.

He did have a poor game, especially passing, against Chelsea, but the Bournemouth game suggested to me that he could be a very good defensive shield for us, breaking up play and then laying off short passes to a team mate. We need that in the centre of the park.

Can't tell a lot about a player getting the odd few minutes at the end of games, really, or being played in his wrong position. If you'd shown me any of Kouyate's games at right back I'd have said he was terrible, but show me his game against Leicester at CB and I'd tell you he was a colossus.
YorksHammer

Postby Jumby on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:15 pm

YorksHammer wrote:
He was actually alright against Bournemouth - nothing special, but alright.

Do you remember his wild clearance for a corner? :lol:

I like central midfielders wearing number 4, it looks good and I'm a little OCD when it comes to this,but he ruins it for me, absolutely ruins it, I don't think I can ever see another number 4 in central midfield again!
Jumby

Postby Codu on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:16 pm

I remember being quite impressed with him in his first pre-season friendly (or Europa match, can't remember which). He was sitting in midfield and pinging the ball all over the pitch. Although to be fair, I remember thinking Tore looked alright too ... :?
Codu

Postby D C on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:21 pm

I usually give signings at least a season before harshly judging but he's trash and looks like the sort of player that needs a structured set up. I dont want him to take any minutes off of Fernandes
D C

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion