Away priority points allocation

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby upton o'good on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:36 am

My Burnley tickets arrived on Thursday.
User avatar
upton o'good
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:50 am
Location: On the sofa, teaching Joanna to sing bubbles

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Hitchin Hammer on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:57 am

Burnley tickets came yesterday and Palacrestricted view purchased this morning on 12 pts. although looking at the above seems a change of browser may have offered up a better selection?!

so just how bad is the restricted view as Selhurst park? row 48!!
User avatar
Hitchin Hammer
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Beefy's mum on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:20 am

Hitchin Hammer wrote:Burnley tickets came yesterday and Palacrestricted view purchased this morning on 12 pts. although looking at the above seems a change of browser may have offered up a better selection?!

so just how bad is the restricted view as Selhurst park? row 48!!


An old stand, so you've got the pillars holding the roof up and towards the back you'll only be able to see the ball when it's on the pitch, once the ball is in the air you can't see it due to the roof covering the stand.
Beefy's mum
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby upton o'good on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:36 am

Hitchin Hammer wrote:Burnley tickets came yesterday and Palacrestricted view purchased this morning on 12 pts. although looking at the above seems a change of browser may have offered up a better selection?!

so just how bad is the restricted view as Selhurst park? row 48!!


Beefy's mum wrote:An old stand, so you've got the pillars holding the roof up and towards the back you'll only be able to see the ball when it's on the pitch, once the ball is in the air you can't see it due to the roof covering the stand.


Fingers crossed Andy isn't playing then... :lol:
User avatar
upton o'good
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:50 am
Location: On the sofa, teaching Joanna to sing bubbles

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Hitchin Hammer on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:59 am

Beefy's mum wrote:
An old stand, so you've got the pillars holding the roof up and towards the back you'll only be able to see the ball when it's on the pitch, once the ball is in the air you can't see it due to the roof covering the stand.

yeah thought as much, been before but never restricted view. I can deal with that, be dead unlucky to be stuck right behind a pillar ! ta
User avatar
Hitchin Hammer
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby upton o'good on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:02 pm

now sold out on 11 points
User avatar
upton o'good
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:50 am
Location: On the sofa, teaching Joanna to sing bubbles

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Sparky69er on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:00 pm

heard only 10 tickets went on sale at 12 noon.... people with low allocation have no chance when people are advertising to use their references to boost away points.

Lucky I'm on 12 and managed to get 3 tickets in row 29.
User avatar
Sparky69er
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: Hornchurch

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Overchuffed on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:04 pm

anyone heard anything about league cup tickets for Sp**s going on sale?
User avatar
Overchuffed
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Sparky69er wrote:heard only 10 tickets went on sale at 12 noon.... people with low allocation have no chance when people are advertising to use their references to boost away points.

Lucky I'm on 12 and managed to get 3 tickets in row 29.

It's scummy
User avatar
LincolnshireHammer
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: E2 | Block 113

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby B'WoodBob on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:09 pm

LincolnshireHammer wrote:To think this went down to about 5 a couple of years ago...


Bearing in mind that you now get PPs for home cup games, 6 to date. This has effectively gone down to five away points. If anything I'm surprised it went as low as it did
B'WoodBob
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Phil S on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:48 pm

LincolnshireHammer wrote:To think this went down to about 5 a couple of years ago...


I got Spurs away on 2 points in the 14/15 seaon

the £30 max price has changed things and a point for home cup games has boosted points for those that go.
User avatar
Phil S
 
Posts: 4104
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Sarfend

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby NorthernIron on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Overchuffed wrote:anyone heard anything about league cup tickets for Sp**s going on sale?


I would guess that now the Ticket Office don't have any more Palace tickets to sell, they'll open up for sale to bondholders etc from next Wednesday.
User avatar
NorthernIron
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: oop north

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby sanchoz on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:01 pm

Sparky69er wrote:heard only 10 tickets went on sale at 12 noon.... people with low allocation have no chance when people are advertising to use their references to boost away points.

Lucky I'm on 12 and managed to get 3 tickets in row 29.


LincolnshireHammer wrote:
It's scummy


Saw one example the other day which raised an eyebrow. A guy on twitter responded to a tweet from UtJ saying KUMB was just moaning. Looked at his tweets and the last five or six were all flogging away tickets he had up for sale as he could no longer go to every single one of them. I had to sell my ticket to Southampton away earlier this season as I couldn't go at short notice and you get genuine cases where people can't attend as things crop up but every single match in the case of this guy?

Not sure if posting his twitter handle would mean my post would be banned.
User avatar
sanchoz
 
Posts: 10252
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 am
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Sparky69er on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:30 pm

fully agree if you buy a ticket and can't make it fair enough ... Sell it...but don't advertise your reference number or ask if anyone is not using there's and just wants to get a point.

the system is stupid for adding points for home cup games! should never of been introduced....
User avatar
Sparky69er
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: Hornchurch

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby brownout on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Sparky69er wrote:fully agree if you buy a ticket and can't make it fair enough ... Sell it...but don't advertise your reference number or ask if anyone is not using there's and just wants to get a point.

the system is stupid for adding points for home cup games! should never of been introduced....


It shouldn't but if everyone goes to them it doesn't make any difference. It just inflates points and increases the threshold for away tickets. And it does reward those season ticket holders who bother to turn up for home cup games.
User avatar
brownout
 
Posts: 8187
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:26 pm

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Kialos on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Phil S wrote:
I got Spurs away on 2 points in the 14/15 seaon

the £30 max price has changed things and a point for home cup games has boosted points for those that go.



This is the biggest factor by far. The allocations have remained the same but the demand has risen because of the price cap which for many fixtures halved the cost of the ticket as you know Phil. This makes away games a lot more affordable for more people.
Kialos
 
Posts: 6623
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:11 pm

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Marky on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:39 pm

When will Spurs away in the cup be announced (details wise)?
User avatar
Marky
 
Posts: 10824
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:27 pm
Location: Sullivan has killed this club

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Kialos on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:54 pm

brownout wrote:
It shouldn't but if everyone goes to them it doesn't make any difference. It just inflates points and increases the threshold for away tickets. And it does reward those season ticket holders who bother to turn up for home cup games.



A condition of having an Away Season Ticket is to also be on the home cup scheme, so although at first glance it seems odd to give points to home cup games it does reward those who pitch up for them.
Kialos
 
Posts: 6623
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:11 pm

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Phil S on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:57 pm

the way I see it with home cup PP's, for those that "can't be bothered"

they would be if we got to a final
User avatar
Phil S
 
Posts: 4104
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Sarfend

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby We_are_BML on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:23 pm

How does it work if you go from having an away ST one season to not having one the next, will you start on 0 points?
User avatar
We_are_BML
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: South of the Watford gap

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1011Iron, Al Fisti, Beavis Danzig, bunk, B'WoodBob, danm79, Google [Bot], hessa, Kendal Iron, Loftyhammer, madhammer, Mega Ron, Mr P, NottingHammer6, Odessa, pbenjy, Redkanpps dog, StoneHammer, thejackhammer, uptonparkhurst, Vienna and 68 guests