Away priority points allocation

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby upton o'good on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:36 am

My Burnley tickets arrived on Thursday.
upton o'good

Postby Hitchin Hammer on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:57 am

Burnley tickets came yesterday and Palacrestricted view purchased this morning on 12 pts. although looking at the above seems a change of browser may have offered up a better selection?!

so just how bad is the restricted view as Selhurst park? row 48!!
Hitchin Hammer

Postby Beefy's mum on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:20 am

Hitchin Hammer wrote:Burnley tickets came yesterday and Palacrestricted view purchased this morning on 12 pts. although looking at the above seems a change of browser may have offered up a better selection?!

An old stand, so you've got the pillars holding the roof up and towards the back you'll only be able to see the ball when it's on the pitch, once the ball is in the air you can't see it due to the roof covering the stand.
Beefy's mum

Postby upton o'good on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:36 am

Hitchin Hammer wrote:Burnley tickets came yesterday and Palacrestricted view purchased this morning on 12 pts. although looking at the above seems a change of browser may have offered up a better selection?!

Beefy's mum wrote:An old stand, so you've got the pillars holding the roof up and towards the back you'll only be able to see the ball when it's on the pitch, once the ball is in the air you can't see it due to the roof covering the stand.

Fingers crossed Andy isn't playing then... :lol:
upton o'good

Postby Hitchin Hammer on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:59 am

Beefy's mum wrote:
An old stand, so you've got the pillars holding the roof up and towards the back you'll only be able to see the ball when it's on the pitch, once the ball is in the air you can't see it due to the roof covering the stand.

yeah thought as much, been before but never restricted view. I can deal with that, be dead unlucky to be stuck right behind a pillar ! ta
Hitchin Hammer

Postby upton o'good on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:02 pm

now sold out on 11 points
upton o'good

Postby Sparky69er on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:00 pm

heard only 10 tickets went on sale at 12 noon.... people with low allocation have no chance when people are advertising to use their references to boost away points.

Lucky I'm on 12 and managed to get 3 tickets in row 29.
Sparky69er

Postby Overchuffed on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:04 pm

anyone heard anything about league cup tickets for Sp**s going on sale?
Overchuffed

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Sparky69er wrote:heard only 10 tickets went on sale at 12 noon.... people with low allocation have no chance when people are advertising to use their references to boost away points.

It's scummy
LincolnshireHammer

Postby B'WoodBob on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:09 pm

LincolnshireHammer wrote:To think this went down to about 5 a couple of years ago...

Bearing in mind that you now get PPs for home cup games, 6 to date. This has effectively gone down to five away points. If anything I'm surprised it went as low as it did
B'WoodBob

Postby Phil S on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:48 pm

LincolnshireHammer wrote:To think this went down to about 5 a couple of years ago...

I got Spurs away on 2 points in the 14/15 seaon

the £30 max price has changed things and a point for home cup games has boosted points for those that go.
Phil S

Postby NorthernIron on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Overchuffed wrote:anyone heard anything about league cup tickets for Sp**s going on sale?

I would guess that now the Ticket Office don't have any more Palace tickets to sell, they'll open up for sale to bondholders etc from next Wednesday.
NorthernIron

Postby sanchoz on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:01 pm

Sparky69er wrote:heard only 10 tickets went on sale at 12 noon.... people with low allocation have no chance when people are advertising to use their references to boost away points.

LincolnshireHammer wrote:
It's scummy

Saw one example the other day which raised an eyebrow. A guy on twitter responded to a tweet from UtJ saying KUMB was just moaning. Looked at his tweets and the last five or six were all flogging away tickets he had up for sale as he could no longer go to every single one of them. I had to sell my ticket to Southampton away earlier this season as I couldn't go at short notice and you get genuine cases where people can't attend as things crop up but every single match in the case of this guy?

Not sure if posting his twitter handle would mean my post would be banned.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Sparky69er on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:30 pm

fully agree if you buy a ticket and can't make it fair enough ... Sell it...but don't advertise your reference number or ask if anyone is not using there's and just wants to get a point.

the system is stupid for adding points for home cup games! should never of been introduced....
Sparky69er

Postby brownout on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Sparky69er wrote:fully agree if you buy a ticket and can't make it fair enough ... Sell it...but don't advertise your reference number or ask if anyone is not using there's and just wants to get a point.

the system is stupid for adding points for home cup games! should never of been introduced....

It shouldn't but if everyone goes to them it doesn't make any difference. It just inflates points and increases the threshold for away tickets. And it does reward those season ticket holders who bother to turn up for home cup games.
brownout

Postby Kialos on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Phil S wrote:
I got Spurs away on 2 points in the 14/15 seaon

the £30 max price has changed things and a point for home cup games has boosted points for those that go.

This is the biggest factor by far. The allocations have remained the same but the demand has risen because of the price cap which for many fixtures halved the cost of the ticket as you know Phil. This makes away games a lot more affordable for more people.
Kialos

Postby Marky on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:39 pm

When will Spurs away in the cup be announced (details wise)?
Marky

Postby Kialos on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:54 pm

brownout wrote:
It shouldn't but if everyone goes to them it doesn't make any difference. It just inflates points and increases the threshold for away tickets. And it does reward those season ticket holders who bother to turn up for home cup games.

A condition of having an Away Season Ticket is to also be on the home cup scheme, so although at first glance it seems odd to give points to home cup games it does reward those who pitch up for them.
Kialos

Postby Phil S on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:57 pm

the way I see it with home cup PP's, for those that "can't be bothered"

they would be if we got to a final
Phil S

Postby We_are_BML on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:23 pm

How does it work if you go from having an away ST one season to not having one the next, will you start on 0 points?
We_are_BML

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion