Away priority points allocation

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Cottee on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Personally I think it’s the athletics bowl that’s made demand for away tickets so high. Just so happens that it coincides with the £30 cap.
Cottee

Postby We_are_BML on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Cottee wrote:Personally I think it’s the athletics bowl that’s made demand for away tickets so high. Just so happens that it coincides with the £30 cap.

Mix of 20k extra ST holders and £30 cap
We_are_BML

Postby West Ham Dave on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:27 am

We_are_BML wrote:How does it work if you go from having an away ST one season to not having one the next, will you start on 0 points?

No, at the start of a season U retain all of last season's points, then add any points U gain during the season, at the end of that season U lose all the points from the previous season.
So your points total is always the total of the last & present season.
But if U don't renew your ST U lose the lot.
West Ham Dave

Postby mushy on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:41 am

We_are_BML wrote:Mix of 20k extra ST holders and £30 cap

The 20k new season ticket holders would have started on 0 points and under the current rules would have struggled to get enough points for games such as Palace away.
Getting on that away ticket ladder is getting harder by the year, even if you do go for the unfashionable away games (because thats all you will be able to get anyway).
mushy

Postby danm79 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:41 am

mushy wrote:The 20k new season ticket holders would have started on 0 points and under the current rules would have struggled to get enough points for games such as Palace away.
Getting on that away ticket ladder is getting harder by the year, even if you do go for the unfashionable away games (because thats all you will be able to get anyway).

Sure someone worked this out, but a new ST holder last year I reckon could easily be on 12 points maybe even 15
danm79

Postby southendmadhammer on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Could someone explain how the priority points are calculated for this season? In relation to points earned last season? What happens to these?

Thanks
southendmadhammer

Postby Dwight1970 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:31 pm

danm79 wrote:Sure someone worked this out, but a new ST holder last year I reckon could easily be on 12 points maybe even 15

My son had 0 points at the start of last season and ended it on 17 points, so far this season he has had enough points for every game including Cheltenham and now has 24 points.
Dwight1970

Postby preston on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:40 pm

southendmadhammer wrote:Could someone explain how the priority points are calculated for this season? In relation to points earned last season? What happens to these?

Thanks

WestHamDave explains it a couple of posts above. Basically any points accrued last season are also added to any for this season. Next season the points total will start on only the points accrued this season, the previous seasons points will not be counted. Hope that makes sense!
preston

Postby Bernie Bilic on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:55 pm

I've 5 loyalty points showing on my eticketing account, I'm guessing these are different from priority points? My last away game I think was Peterborough
Bernie Bilic

Location: Turn on GPS and wireless networks in location settings

Postby Dwight1970 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:49 pm

Bernie Bilic wrote:I've 5 loyalty points showing on my eticketing account, I'm guessing these are different from priority points? My last away game I think was Peterborough

They are also awarded for home cup ties.
Dwight1970

Postby Kialos on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:23 am

Bernie Bilic wrote:I've 5 loyalty points showing on my eticketing account, I'm guessing these are different from priority points? My last away game I think was Peterborough

Same thing, they changed the name to loyalty points but many still use the previous name of priority points
Kialos

Postby Bernie Bilic on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 am

Kialos wrote:

Same thing, they changed the name to loyalty points but many still use the previous name of priority points

Cheers, good to know.
Bernie Bilic

Location: Turn on GPS and wireless networks in location settings

Postby Hitchin Hammer on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:48 pm

I know with every game that passes its a moving target but I'd like the club to publish the amount of people sitting on what points. It will never be an exact science but this we can gauge how likely we are to get tickets and if to wait to apply with family / friends with lower points (so you sit together) before choosing which priority window to apply in etc. Also club could say what they expect to sell out on etc
EG: 1000 on >15pts, 300 on 14pts, 250 on 13pts etc

Just an idea, yes its got plenty of holes in it but its something.
Hitchin Hammer

Postby Clarksville on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Hitchin Hammer wrote:I know with every game that passes its a moving target but I'd like the club to publish the amount of people sitting on what points. It will never be an exact science but this we can gauge how likely we are to get tickets and if to wait to apply with family / friends with lower points (so you sit together) before choosing which priority window to apply in etc. Also club could say what they expect to sell out on etc
EG: 1000 on >15pts, 300 on 14pts, 250 on 13pts etc

Just an idea, yes its got plenty of holes in it but its something.

Actually HH, It is 100% possible to have this information and also have it down to an exact number. I am an Englandfans member and they have that information shown clearly on the website as to "exactly" how many people have what number of points (it's called "caps" but it is effectively the same). This makes it really easy to gauge the probability of getting tickets and making joint applications with mates as soon as we know the ticket allocation.

I spoke to the ticket office earlier today to find out if they hold the information as to how many people have how many points and they said they couldn't tell me that but could almost guarantee a ticket for the Spurs game for 12+ points even if EVERYONE above that applied. From 11 points down, it is going to be dependant on how many apply. When I mentioned that it would be really helpful to know who has what she suggested that I email in the request as quite a few people in the last few days had made the same enquiry. Maybe if enough of us do that, they may look into adding it as a feature.
Clarksville

Postby HarlowEssexHammer on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Clarksville wrote:I am an Englandfans member and they have that information shown clearly on the website as to "exactly" how many people have what number of points (it's called "caps" but it is effectively the same). This makes it really easy to gauge the probability of getting tickets and making joint applications with mates as soon as we know the ticket allocation.

Definitely a good idea Clarksville, My Dad's also on Englandfans, me and him have suggested this several times for West Ham to have a caps/PP table as they call it. It would be easy to create then show on the eticketing site, then everyone knows where they stand

We got Bournemouth last season and Cheltenham this by the skin of our teeth, so can roughly work out going on those allocations that we're somewhere in the top 1,000, including AST's.
HarlowEssexHammer

Postby Clarksville on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm learning the hard way as I have just missed out on a Palace away ticket (for the first time ever) waiting to book for both me and another mate. I am on 12 points so would have got one but he is on 9 points so we both miss out. Had I been better informed, I wouldn't have risked losing out. Anyway, I have emailed the ticket office with this request but am not holding my breath on them adding this functionality to the website, albeit, I'm sure it isn't that difficult to get it done.
Clarksville

Postby Hitchin Hammer on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Clarksville - good work calling and emailing the club etc. I'm aware its 100% possible for a normal organisation, but what with this being WHUFC its probably never even been considered & it will probably never happen unfortunately. Just like the inability to upgrade a junior ticket to an adult online (like we could before the move). They just don't seem tech savvy ! remember the problems when the online priority points system started last year after the migration to the Ticketmaster systems. Don't they do any UAT first? Anyway sitting pretty on 15 pts sounds like we're off to Wembley :scarfer:
Hitchin Hammer

Postby Cottee on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Watford Away

Ticket Prices
Adults £30, Over-65s £22, Students (with ID) £18, Under-18s £10

Restricted view

Adults £27, Over-65s £19, Students (with ID) £15, Under-18s £7

Sales Dates
Bondholders 3pm, Monday 16 October
Season Ticket Holders with 21+ points 3pm, Wednesday 18 October
Season Ticket Holders with 20+ points 9am, Thursday 19 October
Season Ticket Holders with 19+ points 12pm, Thursday 19 October
Season Ticket Holders with 18+ points 3pm, Thursday 19 October
Season Ticket Holders with 17+ points 9am, Friday 20 October
Season Ticket Holders with 16+ points 12pm, Friday 20 October
Season Ticket Holders with 15+ points 3pm, Friday 20 October
Season Ticket Holders with 14+ points 9am, Monday 23 October
Season Ticket Holders with 13+ points 12pm, Monday 23 October
Season Ticket Holders with 12+ points 3pm, Monday 23 October
Season Ticket Holders with 11+ points 9am, Tuesday 24 October
Season Ticket Holders with 10+ points 12pm, Tuesday 24 October
Season Ticket Holders with 9+ points 3pm, Tuesday 24 October
Season Ticket Holders with 8+ points 9am, Wednesday 25 October
Season Ticket Holders with 7+ points 12pm, Wednesday 25 October
Season Ticket Holders with 6+ points 3pm, Wednesday 25 October
Cottee

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 pm

2,100 allocation...
LincolnshireHammer

Postby MD_HM on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Is there a maximum number of away season ticket holders we can have?

I can see there being a massive increase in demand next year if there is not a cap.

It will be the only way for those with lower points or none to get to away games and they know they can pretty much sell any that they can't attend as we have seen this year.
MD_HM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion