Away priority points allocation

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby simon1982 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:49 am

Since we cAme back up the majority of London away games would go down to 4/5 points. Often Arsenal and Chelsea would go to general sale. What do people expect with a clean slate, 20k extra st holders and a £30 cap on away ticlets since we moved
simon1982

Postby Cottee on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 pm

MD_HM wrote:The number of supporters that “jumped queue” to get home season tickets at the OS far outways any of this away business yet there wasn’t a peep for anyone then.... the hypocrisy stinks...

This HAS to be a wind up comment, surely?
Cottee

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:16 pm

MD_HM wrote:The number of supporters that “jumped queue” to get home season tickets at the OS far outways any of this away business yet there wasn’t a peep for anyone then.... the hypocrisy stinks!

How many on here would admit to being a “plus 2” of a friend in a higher band for their OS tickets?

That was jumping in front of people that held tickets for 10, 15, 20 years not just been away for the last season and a half.

No one cared about “fairness” then... suprise suprise ...

I see your talking wild assumption b*llocks again. Plenty did complain about it being unfair at the time, me included.

And those peope would have started on zero pts. Could have 25+ now as has been proved to you on many occasions. Those who had a ST for years would have had chance to get 1 or many, many pts more than when those +2s who started on zero.

Also ever thought the ballot helps the +2s on zero pts as they couldnt be bothered do the miles previously now get tickets for Brighton ahead of so loyal supporters who have done the miles and have 19/20 pts? Or did they all get their pts in the wrong way or got them by buying to sell? Or is 20 pts not loyal enough to avoid being queue jumped?

And anyway thought you were only worried about those in the first year of their ST this season being able to accumulate pts? If we get Wigan in the cup there will hopefully be another chance, like Stoke, to start adding to the home cup game pts. Wonder if circumstances will make it all too difficult for some again tho. Anyone on low pts should be cheering Wigan on against Bournemouth, know I will be....
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby MD_HM on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Cottee wrote:This HAS to be a wind up comment, surely?

Not at all.

The 10% is 250-300 away tickets per game

I wasn’t talking about those that never had a season ticket being a “plus 2” yes there was loads of complaints about that.

But also what happened with the plus 2’s for example was...

Say you had a band 2, 3 or 4 ticket at the Boleyn but knew someone with a band 1 ticket then you could be part of their band 1 application and one of their “plus 2”

The result of this meant someone like myself that held a band 2 at the Boleyn for nearly 15 years not only had total newbie “plus 2’s” queue jump me but also had people from my same and lower bands queue jump me for a ticket.

Given our seats were close to band 1 we were near the front of the queue for band 2 seats at the OS but there was **** all left for us.... so had to upgrade to 1966 seats to get a even close to comparable seat!

After this they realised the **** up and protected band 3 & 4... so Band 2 seemed to have been screwed the most.

Anyway my point was those supporters didn’t mind jumping up bands to get their seats sorted and to be fair I blamed the club not the fans... yet with this it’s the fans getting dig out by others just as much
MD_HM

Postby MD_HM on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:58 pm

hadleighhammer wrote:
I see your talking wild assumption b*llocks again. Plenty did complain about it being unfair at the time, me included.

And those peope would have started on zero pts. Could have 25+ now as has been proved to you on many occasions. Those who had a ST for years would have had chance to get 1 or many, many pts more than when those +2s who started on zero.

Also ever thought the ballot helps the +2s on zero pts as they couldnt be bothered do the miles previously now get tickets for Brighton ahead of so loyal supporters who have done the miles and have 19/20 pts? Or did they all get their pts in the wrong way or got them by buying to sell? Or is 20 pts not loyal enough to avoid being queue jumped?

And anyway thought you were only worried about those in the first year of their ST this season being able to accumulate pts? If we get Wigan in the cup there will hopefully be another chance, like Stoke, to start adding to the home cup game pts. Wonder if circumstances will make it all too difficult for some again tho. Anyone on low pts should be cheering Wigan on against Bournemouth, know I will be....

As usual you miss he point completely...

The two issues are separate, the only link being supporters queue jumping... as I’ve explained above, I’m not talking about newbies but those that went up bands as hey knew someone in band 1.

If you don’t know that happened you must have had your head in the sand or really know nothing about our fans or what goes on.

I couldn’t get a Home cup point for Shrewsbury as I am out of the country for work... sorry I forgot those circumstances aren’t permitted with the super fans brigade
MD_HM

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:28 pm

MDHM

Cant go Shrewsbury well thems the breaks. Ive had to miss games for work or personal reasons but I dont think I deserve special dispensation. Your the one who thinks your a superfan who deserves special dispensation to jump in front of me and many others. I just want it fair for all even tho it means me falling down the queue.

And your point on the +2s basically it has **** all to do with the away queue jumpers ballot. Also I know all about the +2s and also our fanbase, I was calling it out on here amongst many others (just like this selfish away queue jumpers ballot). Your excuses to queue jump our loyal supporters suggest you in fact either know or care **** all about some of our most loyal supporters.

Enjoy your special dispensation superfan queue jumpers ticket and loyalty point for Brighton, of course that is if you fancy it and it suits you. Dont worry if you miss it you can always queue jump for the next away game that suits you.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Postby Westferry Iron on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:29 pm

hadleighhammer wrote:
As for all being poorer as I apparently took his place, not sure why thats needed, but I think we're worse off when we have supporters like yourself who are happy to **** over fellow supporters, so the feelings mutual.

You avoided my question - do you or any of your mates benefit from the queue jumpers ballot? I think I know the answer buts lets see...

Obviously my point is that we're all a lot poorer for following our club over the years. I was sort of agreeing with the point that we've all put in the effort & hard cash at some time.

I'm not avoiding the question, I think i's clear as day that I'm in favour of the ballot....so if one day I'm on the right side of it, I'll post it on here.

For the record, I don't think I've ever **** a fellow supporter, not sure what that digs all about. I don't make the stupid ticket rules. Take it up with the committee.
Westferry Iron

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Westferry Iron wrote:I'm not avoiding the question, I think i's clear as day that I'm in favour of the ballot....so if one day I'm on the right side of it, I'll post it on here..

Im talking about the ballot giving the opportunity. You said before some in your group have less pts than you. Im presuming the ballot would mean they can have the chance to join you for games they otherwise would not get a ticket to? Via the queue jumpers ballot they get that chance by queue jumping other fellow supporters who have done the miles. How is that in any way fair? Why do your mates deserve special dispensation?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Postby danm79 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:44 pm

MD_HM wrote:The number of supporters that “jumped queue” to get home season tickets at the OS far outways any of this away business yet there wasn’t a peep for anyone then.... the hypocrisy stinks!

How many on here would admit to being a “plus 2” of a friend in a higher band for their OS tickets?

That was jumping in front of people that held tickets for 10, 15, 20 years not just been away for the last season and a half.

No one cared about “fairness” then... suprise suprise

Totally wrong hence the change in process after band 2 sales
danm79

Postby Westferry Iron on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:50 pm

hadleighhammer wrote: Via the queue jumpers ballot they get that chance by queue jumping other fellow supporters who have done the miles. How is that in any way fair? Why do your mates deserve special dispensation?

I just don't see it that way. I think that fans who have a history of doing the miles and are of a certain age, should have a sniff at an away ticket without needing 20points. I'm in a points position where the ballot could benefit, or disadvantage me. It's fine margins.

I just don't think that given all the multitude of ways there are to currently get hold of an away ticket you can look at this as some kind of Airport baggage queue. It's not a clean system. At the end of the day, that's my opinion on it and I'm not expecting that everyone will agree with it.
Westferry Iron

Postby MD_HM on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm

1. Apart from a couple of away games this season, anyone could “queue jump” as so many tickets are available to buy so it’s no new, it’s now just officially on show.

2. Given point 1, the trial wouldn’t suddenly create fans that want to travel so those using it might be attending anyway under point 1

The difference is who is getting the point.

This trial and the Home cup points allocation are both created by the club, just as the “plus 2” were... digging out other fans really isn’t West Ham and as Westferry as alluded to supporting the club didn’t start 18 months ago!
MD_HM

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:23 pm

MD_HM wrote:The difference is who is getting the point.

This trial and the Home cup points allocation are both created by the club, just as the “plus 2” were... digging out other fans really isn’t West Ham and as Westferry as alluded to supporting the club didn’t start 18 months ago!

And what stops those in the ballot buying to sell to get the point? I think your more worried about getting the point for the away games you fancy going to than anything to do with fairness. If you want enough pts to do Palace and Saints on your own ticket either do the miles first or if circumstances dont allow that keep buying spares. If you dont like those options dont go to the away games a season you fancy and suit circumstances. Dont try and justify queue jumping others to get your ticket AND your loyalty point.

On that topic youre right supporting the club for most didnt start 18 months ago so people have had years of opportunity to build up pts as many have told you before. Youve changed your tune AGAIN I thought now it was all about those in their 1st year as a STH and apparently helping them get into the apparently "closed shop" via the queue jumping ballot?

You also right the club did start this b*llocks queue jumping system, but what will keep it going is supporters justifying queue jumping. Thats is what I have a problem with.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Westferry Iron wrote:
I just don't see it that way. I think that fans who have a history of doing the miles and are of a certain age, should have a sniff at an away ticket without needing 20points. I'm in a points position where the ballot could benefit, or disadvantage me. It's fine margins.

I just don't think that given all the multitude of ways there are to currently get hold of an away ticket you can look at this as some kind of Airport baggage queue. It's not a clean system. At the end of the day, that's my opinion on it and I'm not expecting that everyone will agree with it.

Perhaps the club could interview or do an online poll as to which superfans deserve to queue jump in front of others as the queue jumping ballot has **** all to do with rewarding loyalty.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Postby HHCD on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Brighton sold out at 20+ points

So a Claret Member now stands as much chance as a fan with 19+points.

This 'trial scheme' should be scrapped as it isn't fair
HHCD

Postby Rio on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:35 pm

HHCD wrote:Brighton sold out at 20+ points

So a Claret Member now stands as much chance as a fan with 19+points.

This 'trial scheme' should be scrapped as it isn't fair

Absolutely. I’ve got 18 points. Don’t fancy my chances of getting a ticket in the Brighton ballot, following the experience with the last game. Still as long as Karren and the claret members are happy who am I to moan
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby Blow Bubbles on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:43 pm

The plus 2 thing is out again? I was a plus 2, and I’m not ashamed of it.

I’ve been West Ham since birth from a proper West Ham family and had a season ticket with my dad as a kid and went every game as did he with my grandad before. I had to give it up in my early twenties due to work but having progressed in my career and didn’t have to work every Saturday I was able to get back to games and did 8 to 10 home games a year and got away when I could.

The move and the plus 2 allowed me to get a season ticket again and I jumped at the chance and haven’t missed a game at the OS since (bar Palace last year as was on my best mates stag do).

The circumstances did not make me ‘less’ West Ham than anyone else.

I get to Away games, not as much as I like but am on 12 points and I will take advantage of the system with the 10% whilst it’s there - being honest, I did for Arsenal in the cup. I’m not saying it’s right, but slating other fans for using a legitimate avenue to obtain tickets is bull****.

Be unhappy and complain about the system, but not other supporters.
Blow Bubbles

Postby DDHammer on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Sales Dates
The first 90% of tickets sold out to Season Ticket Holders with 20+ points.

The remaining 10% will go on sale to Season Ticket Holders who haven't yet purchased and Claret Members online only at 11am, Wednesday 17 January.
DDHammer

Postby mushy on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:28 pm

DDHammer wrote:Sales Dates
The first 90% of tickets sold out to Season Ticket Holders with 20+ points.

The remaining 10% will go on sale to Season Ticket Holders who haven't yet purchased and Claret Members online only at 11am, Wednesday 17 January.

makes it sound like first come first served. I thought it was meant to be a lottery, no?
mushy

Postby Cottee on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:39 pm

One thing I have noticed is they've at least improved the network system. You can now see how many points everyone is on.
Cottee

Postby Rio on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:38 pm

mushy wrote:makes it sound like first come first served. I thought it was meant to be a lottery, no?

Supposed to be, but when I missed out last time I logged in at the release time expecting to be able to enter my details only to find it’s sold out
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion