Away priority points allocation

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Away priority points allocation

Postby Phil S on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:35 pm

I think if you got ST next season you could use it

I'm not 100% on that though
Phil S

Postby sanchoz on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Phil S wrote:I wonder how the supporters got the tickets for the capital one games Sanchoz?

If they got priority over away fans I'm sure that went down well

I am not too sure to be honest Phil. I can see how in this instance they compartmentalised one competition away from the others to try and encourage attendance but have to assume that away attendance at any other league or FA cup match would not mean jack when applying for a league cup final ticket.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Cottee on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:12 pm

I honestly can't see our TO spending the time devising and implementing such a plan if we went to Wembley.
Cottee

Postby Albie Beck on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Phil S wrote:I think if you got ST next season you could use it

I'm not 100% on that though

That's correct. I know it applies to Members who upgrade to ST, not sure if it applies to anyone (non-Member) who just bought a ticket on Gen and then buys a ST.
Albie Beck

Postby Greatest Hits Vol1 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Albie Beck wrote:That's correct. I know it applies to Members who upgrade to ST, not sure if it applies to anyone (non-Member) who just bought a ticket on Gen and then buys a ST.

Yes, if buy go on general sale as a non member and you become a ST holder the following year, you can use the points.
Greatest Hits Vol1

Postby B'WoodBob on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Brighton down to the wheel of fortune 10%
B'WoodBob

Postby steps on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Brighton sold out to 20 points.

I missed out by 1 point.

Not even going to try to get one of the 300 remaining as the website can’t handle the traffic and it’s a complete lottery when they go on sale.

Shafted by the 10% scheme again. :x
steps

Postby Cottee on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:14 pm

steps wrote:Brighton sold out to 20 points.

I missed out by 1 point.

Not even going to try to get one of the 300 remaining as the website can’t handle the traffic and it’s a complete lottery when they go on sale.

I just can't see how this can still be justified by anyone. People with 19 points missing out. NINETEEN.

If they're going to continue to do this, it should purely be for any away game north of Birmingham.
Cottee

Postby Row X on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm

I missed out by 1 point.

I really hope the club come out and say they are getting rid of this stupid 10%, fans like you should be going to games like Brighton. There is no way in a month of Sunday's that this new system is 'fair'
Row X

Postby steps on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Cottee wrote:
I just can't see how this can still be justified by anyone. People with 19 points missing out. NINETEEN.

If they're going to continue to do this, it should purely be for any away game north of Birmingham.

It’s a kick in the teeth mate, for sure.
steps

Postby hadleighhammer on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 pm

I missed out by 1 point.

How anyone can attempt to justify this is beyond me. Is 19 pts not loyal enough to not be queue jumped?

In this instance the ballot will help me as I'm on 17 but I won't be validating the queue jumpers ballot by using it.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby 17 years of hurt on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:48 pm

I missed out by 1 point.

Same boat.

I thought I’d have a half a chanc in 18. The system is a joke. A club member who has never done an away has as much of a chance of getting a ticket as us.

Thinking the rest of the season might be a struggle getting tickets.
17 years of hurt

Postby Westferry Iron on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Well, if tickets are selling out at 20+ with 300 left, that's a lot of us f***ed, ballot or not.

And I know it's not a popular view with some, but I have a lot of sympathy with the ballot helping the likes of @danny faithless and others with low points (less than 20 being low now, ffs!). 25 years a season ticket holder. And says he used to go to most away games. And yet people question whether he has a right to the ballot because he hasn't been able to keep it up in the past 2 seasons?

Someone who is part and parcel of the history of this club's support. Probably spent thousands of pounds in those 25 years. These fans could also legitimately claim to have been queue jumped by those that happened to be at the right place at the right time.

And if people only buy tickets for games they attend...that could be a kid just paid £1 to get up to 20 points depriving a fan who does much harder fixtures but just happens to be on 19. They need to look at this one way or another.
Westferry Iron

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 am

Why does Danny Faithless (or anyone, you brought up the example) deserve special dispensation to jump in front of me and others? Are they better fans so more deserving? Ive spent thousands just in the last 2 years but apparently thats not enough for you!

And as for a kid getting 20 pts buying a home cup ticket any STH can buy their cup ticket and they would have needed to do around 15 aways to get to 20 pts anyway. No doubt you will reckon they never did the games and just bought to sell with zero evidence to show this is a "massive issue" as you claim.

Do you or your mates benefit from the ballot by chance?5
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Postby Phil S on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:32 am

yeah, my kid got a £1 ticket for the cup game and earned his point

and he's in the hotel room with me now in Huddersfield, and he was with me in Shrewsbury, and at Tottenham, Arsenal...

Insulting :thdn:
Phil S

Postby Kialos on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:58 am

It's nothing to do with who's a better fan, it's to do with fairness and everyone being treated the same. If you don't have the points and queue jump above someone who has, it is not fair. Loads of people who used to go years ago week in week out have stopped going as regularly for various reasons and when you do that you lose your place in the queue and have to work your way back up again. I did that when I worked shifts and most weekends. I had to start again. As mentioned several times on this thread people can easily be picking up a number of points by just going to cut price cup games at the LS.
Kialos

Postby Westferry Iron on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:14 am

@hadleigh, because due to circumstances there was a time when you jumped in front of Danny. No worries, we're all a lot poorer.

@Phil, it's not an insult to kids, I've got 2 that follow me around and they got 1 each for the Shrews, I still think it's wrong. I thought you might get the wider problem.

Opinions eh.
Westferry Iron

Postby Pop Robson on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:01 am

I used to go with my son when younger all the time, Brighton away at the Withdean I had 28pts and he had 27pts, missed out coz of that 1 point

12yrs later he's at Huddersfield today, What the problem with kids and points, they'll carry on going and take over from their forefathers

The problem is the £30 a ticket, throwaway money for some hence the doubling of AST, not like were any frigging good away !!

As for points for home cup games they might help the ticket office IF we got to a semi final or God forbid all the way to a Final.

Back in 2006 you needed 1 away point to apply for a FA Cup Semi Final ticket,
Pop Robson

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:08 am

Westferry Iron wrote:@hadleigh, because due to circumstances there was a time when you jumped in front of Danny. No worries, we're all a lot poorer.

b*llocks. Complete and utter b*llocks.

Kialos puts it perfectly - because of circumstances people lose their place in the queue as they dont go as often. Unlike Kialos who worked back up the queue like should happen, some think they deserve special dispensation to queue jump, and you seem to think this is all ok.

As for all being poorer as I apparently took his place, not sure why thats needed, but I think we're worse off when we have supporters like yourself who are happy to **** over fellow supporters, so the feelings mutual.

You avoided my question - do you or any of your mates benefit from the queue jumpers ballot? I think I know the answer buts lets see...
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Postby MD_HM on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:39 am

The number of supporters that “jumped queue” to get home season tickets at the OS far outways any of this away business yet there wasn’t a peep for anyone then.... the hypocrisy stinks!

How many on here would admit to being a “plus 2” of a friend in a higher band for their OS tickets?

That was jumping in front of people that held tickets for 10, 15, 20 years not just been away for the last season and a half.

No one cared about “fairness” then... suprise suprise

It’s quite funny though as all season (before this trial) you could have brought away tickets for most games through people buying to sell and there are organised groups asking for tickets from AST or people on high points in order to sell...

Again there was no outcry of this queue jumping, the only difference now is you get your own point if you use the 10% trial.... before the trial, someone else got the point... the people attending probably doesn’t vary that much.

It’s the irony of it... those “queue jumping” under the 10% have probably been going to away games anyway just not officially

The trial has just highlighted a bigger problem overall and maybe brought it to the attention of people that just didn’t know how much it was going on anyway.

The Home cup scheme is another load of old b*llocks though...
MD_HM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion