Robert Snodgrass signs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Robert Snodgrass signs

Postby leer34 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:45 am

said it at the time, appalling signing and more worrying than that, someone at the club actually thought it was money well spent dropping close to 10 million on him,

As a club that needs to act smart and buy with potential in mind this was a abhorrent purchase,
albeit on the opposie wing, arthur showed in the limited time he was on what we needed, pace and quick delivery into the box,

Signing's like this make you really question what is going on.
leer34

Postby ludo22 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 am

Colours never run wrote:He's lost the plot recently. Looked good when he first came on to the scene but has struggled for form ever since.

He needs to start upping it as it currently ain't good enough.

I liked him as a signing and that seemed to be confirmed by his first few performances but recently he has been dreadful.It's gotta be an injury or some sort of fitness issue.
ludo22

Postby Devs Hampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Never saw the point of signing him at all, a one trick pony journeyman but even that only when he can be arsed. The point of any signing is to improve your squad which our board consistently fail to understand.
Devs Hampton

Postby OFT on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:06 pm

ludo22 wrote:
I liked him as a signing and that seemed to be confirmed by his first few performances but recently he has been dreadful.It's gotta be an injury or some sort of fitness issue.

One would hope so, or are we back to coaching/ training ?
OFT

Postby Devs Hampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:17 pm

OFT wrote:[
One would hope so, or are we back to coaching/ training ?

I believe the main, or even sole, reason for our dire performances is rooted in the quality of the coaching. Or lack of quality ! I still think Slav could be a success as a manager but he needs to tackle his stubborn streak when it comes to his loyalty to underperforming staff whether players or coaching staff
Devs Hampton

Postby Romford on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:14 pm

You cannot coach kicking a bloody ball...and yesterday he couldn't do the easiest little things.

He was also f@cked at the end...even though he came on as sub.
Romford
Big X

Postby libero on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Fitness and injury prevention
Intensity of training
Sports science

It's been a problem at West Ham for years
And now we have new signings looking less fit than they did at their previous "modest" clubs

Snodgrass looks like he's aged 5 years in the 2 months since he's been with us :(
libero

Postby ammo on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:31 pm

I thought it was a good signing but admit he's not been great so far.

That free kick yesterday near the end was awful though we actually nearly scored from it.

Come on Snodders, show us what you can do.
ammo

Postby ChzMff on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Biggest thing for me was his passing. The simplest of balls was either over hit or two yards behind. There was no sharpness to it at all which invariably led to a breakdown in forward momentum.
ChzMff

Postby Hammer83 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Another poor signing,our last two transfer windows have been awful.We need to shift out a lot of players in the summer 95% of the players we signed in the last 2 windows,and replace them with players who are improvements on our starting 11.Big big job required in the summer hopefully the didlo brothers will have sold up by then.
Hammer83

Postby dave_l on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:54 pm

libero wrote:Fitness and injury prevention
Intensity of training
Sports science

It's been a problem at West Ham for years
And now we have new signings looking less fit than they did at their previous "modest" clubs

Snodgrass looks like he's aged 5 years in the 2 months since he's been with us :(

You've got to wonder haven't you? Looked ok to start with and been awful the last few games.
dave_l

Postby bowltorious on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Lol at some people blaming Slav and the coaches for him being ****. He hasn't once played well for us, apart from running around a lot in his first game he has contributed nothing.
bowltorious

Postby wizzo_66 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Burnley and Boro interested when we went for him.

His level. Lower than average prem player.

Not sure why we should be surprised he's not that good.
wizzo_66

Postby ChzMff on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Nobody keen on giving him more than 5 or 6 games in a new team then? :asleep:
ChzMff

Postby Devs Hampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:32 pm

ChzMff wrote:Nobody keen on giving him more than 5 or 6 games in a new team then? :asleep:

Not really. He's played long enough now to know what to do and if he can't pass, can't run and cannot deliver a dead ball - the basic requirements of a £10m professional footballer - what use is he?

Edit : the basic requirement of any footballer
Devs Hampton

Postby wizzo_66 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:35 pm

ChzMff wrote:Nobody keen on giving him more than 5 or 6 games in a new team then? :asleep:

To turn into a better player than he has ever been before?

7 games he has shown exactly what we should have come to expect. He is 29 and has been playing the best football of his career which has been for Hull City attracting interest from struggling Boro and Burnley.

Which is why when we were linked with him it raised many eyebrows. He is what he is.
wizzo_66

Postby fmgod on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Sadly he as I predicted his a championship player, still got people for some reason who also wants the likes of Maguire, Brady, Robertson and god knows who else are exactly the same top Championship players and bottom three prem players.
fmgod

Postby Marky on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:43 pm

ammo wrote:I thought it was a good signing but admit he's not been great so far.

That free kick yesterday near the end was awful though we actually nearly scored from it.

Come on Snodders, show us what you can do.

Totally agree. He is better than this I know it.
Marky

Postby smuts on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 pm

A few posts up you dug him out over his terrible passing. Sadly it's everything else as well at the moment.
smuts

Postby ChzMff on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:10 pm

It was a comment based on the game yesterday. Nowhere did I write him off, label him a terrible signing or fall to the usual hysteria whereby people nowadays expect every new signing to come in and be pulling up trees from the off. I've seen a lot of posts about the changing face of football off the pitch. The fickleness of fans on players performance is certainly part of that. I look at our central midfield of last season, which many have up there as one of the best in recent times, yet all you hear now is how neither player are good enough for us there.
ChzMff

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion