Robert Snodgrass signs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Robert Snodgrass signs

Postby WestHamIFC on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:49 pm

hammers92 wrote:It’s truly amazing how people want him back. His best part of his career was a few months for Hull, aside from that he’s a championship player. Leave him where he is.

What are you talking about?? :? Surely his best period was with Norwich in the Prem??

Was their best player when they finished 11th and almost kept them up single-handed the next year.
WestHamIFC

Postby hammers92 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:18 pm

For god sake :x
hammers92

Postby Jumby on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:28 pm

WestHamIFC wrote:What are you talking about?? :? Surely his best period was with Norwich in the Prem??

Was their best player when they finished 11th and almost kept them up single-handed the next year.

He really didn't. The way a few free kicks can enhance the perception of someone is quite something. He got pelted with clappers by his own fans when they were getting relegated. Anyway, that was four and five years ago. He's been relegated twice since then and is now plying his trade in the second tier of English football.
Jumby

Postby Jumby on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:40 pm

I'm certainly not against having older players in the team, they just have to be good and influential.
Jumby

Postby SullySpecial on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Happy to give him another chance. Given Bilic’s gift of being able to make every signing immediately look like a Sunday league player, I’ll be intrigued to see if/what Moyes can do with him.
SullySpecial

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 pm

SullySpecial wrote:Happy to give him another chance. Given Bilic’s gift of being able to make every signing immediately look like a Sunday league player, I’ll be intrigued to see if/what Moyes can do with him.

Dildo Dave, is that you?
somerset-hammer

Postby SullySpecial on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:50 pm

somerset-hammer wrote: Dildo Dave, is that you?

:D no it’s not. I assume you don’t agree then??
SullySpecial

Postby ads78 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:18 pm

As we had no game this weekend, I joined a few Villa supporting mates and went to Fulham v Villa.

For a top of the table clash, the quality was not good. My Villa mates were resigned to getting a draw at best as soon as they heard that Grealish and Adomah were missing from the starting line up. Their view was that with the exceptions of Johnstone & Adomah, the entire team would need replacing if they get promoted. It says a lot that the player who got the most support from the away fans was Alan Hutton!

There was some West Ham interest in the game with Snodgrass playing for Villa and supposed target Fredericks playing for Fulham. I was looking forward to Snodgrass tearing it up and demonstrating why he should be a premiership player - Sadly I saw exactly the same player that I had seen at West Ham - he completely failed to have any impact on the game and spent most of the game complaining at his teammates.
Fredericks did nothing particularly of note, but equally did not make any particular errors. I didn't think that he stood out at this level, but hopefullly he has more in his locker that will allow him to step up.

The player who did catch the eye was the Villa right back - Tuanzebe - he is a youngster on loan from Man Utd and he looked a class above everybody else on the pitch - I suspect that he might be someone who has a big future!
ads78

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 pm

SullySpecial wrote:Happy to give him another chance. Given Bilic’s gift of being able to make every signing immediately look like a Sunday league player, I’ll be intrigued to see if/what Moyes can do with him.

I don't quite agree with the way you put it, but yes he did come into a Bilic shitstorm. An absolutely finished manager that had lost the plot.

He's our player and I too would be interested to see what he may offer, but I suspect we wouldn't get the chance unless he dazzles in pre-season and the first few games before the summer transfer window closed.
rare as rockinghorse shat

Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Postby ludo22 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:31 pm

ads78 wrote:As we had no game this weekend, I joined a few Villa supporting mates and went to Fulham v Villa.

Interesting stuff.Your Villa mates didn't seem to have particularly high opinions of him and that is playing in the championship.Doesn't bode well.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
ludo22

Postby Rocketron on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:43 pm

ads78 wrote:As we had no game this weekend, I joined a few Villa supporting mates and went to Fulham v Villa.

I see you don't post very often, thank you for your last paragraph.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
Rocketron

Postby the celestial insect on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:05 pm

So, the news item says his prices is £12m.

Fair / realistic in the current market? What do you think?
the celestial insect

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 pm

the celestial insect wrote:So, the news item says his prices is £12m.

Opening bid - will sell for half that.
DasNutNock

Postby Puff Daddy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:08 pm

the celestial insect wrote:So, the news item says his prices is £12m.

If I were Steve Bruce, I would bite our ****ing arm off
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:If I were Steve Bruce, I would bite our ****ing arm off

If I were Steve Bruce, I'd wear a mask.
DasNutNock

Postby claretandblue82 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:05 pm

DasNutNock wrote:
If I were Steve Bruce, I'd wear a mask.

It'll be a big ask to find a mask that you could fit that nose in!!
claretandblue82

Snodgrass

Postby Ironing Board on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:23 am

Given his performances this season, should the club not be looking to recall him rather than selling him on?
Ironing Board

Re: Snodgrass

Postby EastEndIRON on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:33 am

Based on his decent performances for Villa there would be no harm in giving him another chance to turn his West Ham career around - all depends on whether he fits into our playing system (whatever that is these days) and if we have anyone better
EastEndIRON

Postby Colours never run on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:10 am

Sell for the very highest bidder, then hopefully we can recoup a lot of his fee back.

He never looked right playing for us in this League. Dont think he coped well with the levels of expectations of him at our Club in front of around 50k.

I don't agree with how the Sullivans gobbed off about him though. I think too many bridges have been burned and probably best all round if we all moved on.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Samba on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:51 am

He'll be on a hiding to nothing if he comes back here, poor sod.
He's happy at Villa, the fans like him, let him move on.
Not sure we'll get back what we paid for him though. Think they saw us coming..like PNE..
Samba

Location: Seriously wondering where Sully's getting all this spending money from..

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion