Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by simonirons »

CockneyRebel wrote:
Is the Breaking Times this year's Brentwood Gazette?
That honor must go to west ham news on Facebook absolute tripe on there for click bait
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Hart
Zabaleta
Fonte
Reid
Ogbonna
Cresswell
Matic
Sanchez
Martial
Lanzini
Iheanacho

What a team we're going to have for next season :lol:
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

Zabaleta is obviously one of the 3 quality players Bilic and Henry were talking about. The other two are likely strikers, Ideally Iheanacho and Batshuayi. I think there will be some other turnover (Bilic. Said sone others may cone in if some go.... and I can definitely see some going) I'd like to see the rest of the players coming in be young promising players like Daniel Bentley, Domenic Solanke, Taylor Moore, Amari'i Bell, Ryan Sessegnon or Josh Tymon the Murphy twins from Norwich.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Personally got ny fingers crossed for Cattermole.

He'd be the perfect upgrade on Noble.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Cattermoles ****ing woeful. The Championships a good level for him now. Steer well clear.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:Renato Sanches :lol:.

Davinson Sanchez though...
Think he's going to Chelsea. If he does maybe Nathan Ake is an option?
turkisHammer

Post by turkisHammer »

Smonnie wrote:Personally got ny fingers crossed for Cattermole.

He'd be the perfect upgrade on Noble.
An injury prone player isn't he? As far as I know he is and I believe he will become a CM version of Caroll.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

Cattermole... got to be fishing there. worst player in the PL. Well was anyway
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Rento Sanchez :lol:

That would be more appealing to the two Daves
Believer
Has liked: 1425 likes
Total likes: 761 likes

Post by Believer »

Colours never run wrote:Cattermoles ****ing woeful. The Championships a good level for him now. Steer well clear.
Yep.

I have a feeling Nortveidt will go so we will need to look at a DM though. Would love to see us bring in Carrick for his final season. The experience he would give to Oxford, Cullen, Fernandes etc would be fantastic. You could even have him in a coaching role after his year...
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Interesting to know what will become of Enner Valencia. I still think there is a very decent player in there somewhere. Could, I suppose, be a make weight in a potential deal for someone like Sigurdsson??
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Don't think we need yet another 'mentor' signing, like Carrick, having just signed Zabaleta to offer a similar role with Byram.

Should move for Alexis Blin from Toulouse if we want a DM. Strong tackler, energetic and good interceptor, plus only 20 so will improve. Could do with a bit of an improvement in terms of his passing and picking the right choice, but the range is there to be a deep lying playmaker and ball winner.
Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Stulaw »

^ I'd understand giving Cullen pointers from Carrick, but Oxford's a defender who will very likely go out on another loan (I do think he'd be good as a DM), and Fernendes is an attacking midfielder who was played in various other positions because of injuries to other players, the position he played for other teams was like Lanzini's.

It's like this forum doesn't even know our own players sometmes.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

ironilunga wrote:Interesting to know what will become of Enner Valencia. I still think there is a very decent player in there somewhere. Could, I suppose, be a make weight in a potential deal for someone like Sigurdsson??
Everton are not expected to take up the option to sign Enner Valencia permanently, having brought in the 27-year-old Ecuador winger on a season-long loan from West Ham in August. (Liverpool Echo)
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

If we do go for a DM I would go for Chalobah. Young and english with a very tidy game. He has played at a high level with Napoli.
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

ironilunga wrote:Interesting to know what will become of Enner Valencia. I still think there is a very decent player in there somewhere. Could, I suppose, be a make weight in a potential deal for someone like Sigurdsson??
Turkey, MLS, China, Qatar, Saudi Arabia?

He's not a bad player but clearly not strong enough to play his preferred position of striker in this country.

I don't think we'll have much trouble selling him though as he always looks good for Ecuador and is a big enough name that the likes of China who just want half decent marquee names might take the bait.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5672 likes
Total likes: 3089 likes

Post by MB »

Flopped with us, average at best for Everton. I doubt many premier league clubs will be queuing up unless the newly promoted teams struggle to make signings.

Think we will have to shift him abroad which means we will get peanuts.

There is a player in there but he is a striker who isn't strong enough to play a lone role in this league so gets put out wide where he doesn't have the skill set to flourish!
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

kitthehammer wrote:Everton are not expected to take up the option to sign Enner Valencia permanently, having brought in the 27-year-old Ecuador winger on a season-long loan from West Ham in August. (Liverpool Echo)
Cheers. Not surprised by that as he got few opportunities.

As Roby says I am hopeful we can move him on for money and clubs can see that it was just the wrong move as opposed to him being a crap player.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Probably in a deal involving James McCarthy and I don't rate him at all ( and I am Irish )
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

vaz te's bonnet wrote:If we do go for a DM I would go for Chalobah. Young and english with a very tidy game. He has played at a high level with Napoli.
He didn't play when he was at Napoli. I don't think he started a single league game and played maybe once in the Europa league for them.