Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Lostcoco

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by Lostcoco »

Tore has only played 195 in his career and has got 27 goals and 36 assists (13,135 minutes)

Navas has 574 and has only got 39 goals and 122 assists (43,030 minutes)
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

thejackhammer wrote:Adrian
Zabaleta Reid Ogbonna
Antonio Obiang Kouyate Masuaku
Lanzini
Batshuayi Iheanacho

Thats the dream.
If you're talking dreams...

Pickford
Smalling Reid Ogbonna
Antonio Obiang Kouyate Cresswell
Oxlade-Chamberlain Lanzini
A fit Sturridge (!)
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Lostcoco wrote:What the **** has Navas even done at Man City? 123 games 4 goals and 25 assists.

Nothing player. All the trophies he has mean nothing because he done **** all to deserve them

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jesus-n ... saison=ges" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at his stats, he's *****
Who gives a **** what he's done at City. sometimes things dont work out. He's won a world cup and european championship medal making several appearances and scoring for Spain.
To say he isn't good enough for us is absolutely laughable.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3084 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

To be fair, whilst I wouldn't be putting angry bedsheets outside the Sullivan house were Navas to sign, I think you can also say that based on his age and time in the premier league, Jesus Navas might not be good enough for us.

I've always thought there was more to him than the player he was at City, but his Premier League reocrd isn't good and we play in the Premier League. A move to a Valencia, Malaga, Sociedad, Espanyol or Villarreal might suit him.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

If it was a team about restoring our identity it would need to be more about being 'west ham' than simply English

Surely that would include Noble? Byram (Essex lad)? Maybe Burke and Cullen by the end of the season?

Am I missing the point there?
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

westlondonhammer wrote:If it was a team about restoring our identity it would need to be more about being 'west ham' than simply English

Surely that would include Noble? Byram (Essex lad)? Maybe Burke and Cullen by the end of the season?

Am I missing the point there?
I think it's being naive thinking Noble and Cresswell won't be starters next season to be honest

Antonio will be starting and IF Carroll is ever fit will still get plenty of action from the bench
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3084 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Those who are eager for us to sign Iheanacho should pay some attention to Dortmund's apparent pursuit of anther young striker, Sampdoria's Schick. Success probably sees us with one less suitor to compete with and the biggest team chasing.
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

I would prefer caballero to Ruddy. Plus he would genuinely challenge Adrian.

Barbosa is available from inter? He has had a torrid time there but is a very creative little player, similar to Coutinho.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

31yo Navas? Absolute waste of money, we need to invest for the future, not the past. Iheanacho now that's more like it, if he turns out good, then we have invested for the future, if he's bad we can sell. Navas and all the other 30+ we are looking at are just going to leave us in the same s*** next year when they retire. Where is our ambition??? Do you see any top 6 clubs trying to sign has 30+ beens?

Why are we even looking at Eder? He's 30 and had a terrible season, He's not the signiture striker we are promised every year?!?

Mandzukic 31yo, Defoe 34yo FFS what are we a retirement home?!?
Last edited by Hamburger on Thu May 25, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

The best part of the Bilic interview on the OS is when he talks about the need for a Payet replacement.

Fantastic news imo. It will be interesting to see who he brings in.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Tackler wrote:The best part of the Bilic interview on the OS is when he talks about the need for a Payet replacement.
We already have one, he refuses to play, mopes and acts like a ****. Sakho
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

:lol:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

The issue with English players is they're vastly over expensive due to the homegrown quota rules, and they're just not very good as evidenced by Livermore being in the squad. The ones who are any good are beyond our price range.

Cresswell, Noble, Antonio with Fletcher, Cullen, Rice, Oxford and Burke getting experience is enough of a British core for me regardless of who starts.

Are Chelsea fans complaining that Cahill was their only English player to start most games?

Unless we dig deep for Barkley or Smalling, I can't see us buying an English player that improves us. To be honest only Antonio and possible Noble make our best 11 as it is.

This sentiment on having a core of English players is outdated. Only Tottenham from the big teams have managed it really.
Mr Mont
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Mr Mont »

I appreciate that football is a game of opinions, but how anyone could want Jesus Navas is beyond me. He is an appalling footballer. His performances for City are anywhere between poor and abysmal. I have Citeh fans in the family and they think he's a waste of space. Please do not touch with a barge pole. Ihenacho on the other hand.......
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Mr Mont wrote:I appreciate that football is a game of opinions, but how anyone could want Jesus Navas is beyond me. He is an appalling footballer. His performances for City are anywhere between poor and abysmal. I have Citeh fans in the family and they think he's a waste of space. Please do not touch with a barge pole. Ihenacho on the other hand.......
Absolutely agree. I'd go as far as saying he is one of the worst players in the league.

I think Nacho could be special and would love him here but not holding my breath!
HammerAl

Post by HammerAl »

Wish list:
CB Smalling
DM Krychowiak
AM Sigurdsson
RW Oxlade-Chamberlain
ST Iheanacho
ST Modeste

Reality:
CB Jagielka
DM Flamini (free)
AM Puncheon
RW Navas (free)
ST Destro (loan)
ST Valencia ('his return is like a new signing')
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Mr Mont wrote:I appreciate that football is a game of opinions, but how anyone could want Jesus Navas is beyond me. He is an appalling footballer. His performances for City are anywhere between poor and abysmal. I have Citeh fans in the family and they think he's a waste of space. Please do not touch with a barge pole. Ihenacho on the other hand.......
100% Agree, Feghouli is much better imo.

Kelechi Iheanacho
Gylfi Sigurdson
Zabaleta
Callum Chambers
Adama Traore
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I honestly don't think there's one player from the relegated sides that I'd want us to sign, especially not at the prices being knocked around.
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

HammerAl wrote:Wish list:
CB Smalling
DM Krychowiak
AM Sigurdsson
RW Oxlade-Chamberlain
ST Iheanacho
ST Modeste
That's a decent wish list but we don't need a right winger. We need a left winger.

Fegohuli and Antonio and even Snodgrass cover the right wing well
HammerAl

Post by HammerAl »

Wish list:
CB Smalling
DM Krychowiak
AM Sigurdsson
RW Oxlade-Chamberlain
ST Iheanacho
ST Modeste

[/quote]

That's a decent wish list but we don't need a right winger. We need a left winger.

Fegohuli and Antonio and even Snodgrass cover the right wing well[/quote]

Personally I think Antonio is better on the right but he has said that his favourite position is left wing which is why I chose a RW on the wish list instead of a LW. My LW target would probably be someone like Nolito as he would compliment the front three well and would be relatively cheap.