Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by MD_HM »

I don't think Carroll should be counted at all

We all agree we need a quality first choice striker... Iheanacho would be my choice, I imagine although linked with Batshuayi as well it's one or the other.

We must presume that Sakho and Valencia will be sold... so...

We need another striker... even if it is a bit of a punt, like the Nigerian we have been linked with

Then if Carroll IS fit then he is in the mix as well

Three senior striker is standard, it's not too many for a season just weird as we have played most of this season without any

Both strikers we sign need pace... we are lacking in that area big time
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

If Wolfsburg get relegated, I wouldn't mind us attempting to sign Mario Gomez again as long as we get someone else in too. 16 goals this season and 10 have come in the last 12 games. He's 32 in July but looks like he could easily play for another 3 years at the top level.
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

funky chicken wrote:If Big Sam has left Palace, a bid for Benteke anyone?
We could do a hell of a lot worse.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Does anyone actually buy/ renew season tickets based on who we may or may not sign?
In the past I would say no, certainly not

You had a core that would pretty much renew no matter what and then others depending on their circumstances (money, family, work etc...)

Now though...

We were promised quality players, the next level and that we would be competing... and sold our home on that basis.

Therefore I can understand the view that well you haven't delivered on your end of the bargin so I'm not going to renew attitude being more common

A lot of new "fans" that got season tickets this season year would have also been on the basis of sold this "new era" dream... they didn't bother with one before so unless they have a £289 seat then where is the motivation now?

The reality is we won't be signing any of these top players before the renewal deadline so they can say what they like
Iron Reader

Post by Iron Reader »

We should look at players available with release clauses etc:
Doesn't seem batshauyi will be available

We should go in for:
Tadic 15 million release clause creative player we need
Hart 15 million we need a quality gk
Gray 15 million pace and power
Modeste 25 million pace power height natural goal scorer one of Europes best
Ihneacho pace and a good finisher 20 million

Get rid of:
Sakho
Nordtviet
Randolph
Arbeloa
Tore
Calleri
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Reports of Ayew returning to Marseille.

Surprised (but not cos idiots) people happy for him to leave. I'd take it if we were to have a decent profit, as he plays an odd position for us, but he looks just a good player and we need quality.
Hamadking
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hamadking »

My choice. Inehancho/Batshuyai as number 1, Andre Gray or nigerian chap from belgian team as 2 Carrol as 3 and antonio/ayew 4 if needed
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

Im struggling to see who the left attacking midfielder is going to be. There doesnt appear to be anyone obvious who is available in our remit.

Barkley, going to bigger team most likely
Nolito, spain
Ghezzal, doubts
Tadic, bigger team

Actually Khazri anyone?
rigoberts song
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 345 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

I expect we'll be seeing a lot of Khazi here .
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1154 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

vaz te's bonnet wrote:Im struggling to see who the left attacking midfielder is going to be. There doesnt appear to be anyone obvious who is available in our remit
Masuaku
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Wilko1304 wrote:Reports of Ayew returning to Marseille.

Surprised (but not cos idiots) people happy for him to leave. I'd take it if we were to have a decent profit, as he plays an odd position for us, but he looks just a good player and we need quality.
We won't make a profit on Ayew, so I agree I'd definitely keep him.

I genuinely don't understand why some of our fans so dislike him. In the first third of the season he had a serious injury, in the middle third was slowly blending in and in the final third was one of our best players. I think some just expect that if we pay a bit of dough the player has to be an instant success. God help Iheanacho/Batachuayi if that's the case.
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

I'm for keeping Ayew too, looks to me like he's just beginning to deliver for us. We've suffered the worst part injury and then recovery, now lets have some of his best.
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

Smudger1 wrote:You can almost hear the quote now "The fans want top quality exciting players, as do we and we tried as hard as we could working night and day, but they have to take some responsibility. If only they had renewed their season tickets as early as we asked them to, we could have increased our transfer budget."
Considered the "50,000 waiting list", our transfer market activity cannot be based our renewals surely...... ...?
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

With regard to Ayew, he does seem to put a shift in, but that should be mandatory anyway.

Just lacks any real quality for me, not overly skilful, not a brilliant finisher, but does work hard.

A really strange buy for £20m, poor value. I'd take around £15m and quickly move on if we can.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

sgb1972 wrote:With regard to Ayew, he does seem to put a shift in, but that should be mandatory anyway.

Just lacks any real quality for me, not overly skilful, not a brilliant finisher, but does work hard.

A really strange buy for £20m, poor value. I'd take around £15m and quickly move on if we can.
as posted on the ayew thread... he is a cracking player.

scored 12 goals for swansea in the league the season before we signed him

last player to break double figures for us in the premier league was nolan.. before that it was Carlton cole in 2009/10 season..
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Roby wrote:
We could do a hell of a lot worse.

We should have gone for him last summer. He should be on our wishlist. Hell of a player.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

mumbles87 wrote:
as posted on the ayew thread... he is a cracking player.

scored 12 goals for swansea in the league the season before we signed him

last player to break double figures for us in the premier league was nolan.. before that it was Carlton cole in 2009/10 season..
Diafra Sakho scored 10 Premier League goals during the 2014/15 capitulation.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

vaz te's bonnet wrote:Im struggling to see who the left attacking midfielder is going to be. There doesnt appear to be anyone obvious who is available in our remit.
Hasn't Antonio said he's completely comfortable playing on the left? Antonio on the left and Ayew on the right makes a lot of sense.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Wilko1304 wrote:Reports of Ayew returning to Marseille.
Those reports are from an interview his father did. Taken out of context. "Eventually" was the key word that keeps getting ignored. There was no suggesting Ayew was interested in leaving for Marseille right now, but he might want to go back eventually because that's where he played his youth football.

Also, I agree that writing him off so soon is stupid. He only made 16 starts, only played 1400 minutes... and still he had 6 goals and 3 assists. I'd like to see what he can do with a full season.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

One other thing (sorry for the bombardment fellas):

I've been told by people I trust that Zabaleta is a done deal. 100%. Waiting for the announcement for the kit launch on Friday.