Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by hawkins_hammer »

I know you can block people, but is there a way to filter posts that mention Ex?

Can't be arsed to read them all throughout summer.
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

I would hope we actually decide to be quick this summer and get the big buys done quick and less fannying about with Fees.

We could sign Iheanacho if we are quick
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

From http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/19/re ... iheanacho/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

English Premier League outfit West Ham United have reportedly joined the chase for out of favour Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho.

West Ham interest has bring to three the number of teams in England chasing the Manchester City forward, with Everton and Southampton also sounding him out.

A fee bid of around 20 million pounds has been lodged by West Ham according to various reports, but it appears their best chance of snaring the prolific forward lies in the hands of his close pal.
German teams Hoffenheim and Borussia Dortmund have also made moves for the 20 year old, but West Ham could beat them all to his signature if his close relationship with Arsenal star Alex Iwobi is put into consideration.

The duo are ‎very close and even earn themselves the nickname “Tom and Jerry” due to their closeness when on international duty with Nigeria, where they are both senior international.
Iheanacho and Iwobi have both spoken out in the past about the inability of them to see each other in England due to their various locations, but a move to London based West Ham United will bring them close to each other.
Daniel Martins

Or he could just sign for Arsenal :)
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

thejackhammer wrote:5/4 favourites for Iheanacho at the moment, how reliable are these sorts of odds usually?

Ex also saying we're interested.

Onyereku signing is on Twitter as well but I think that stems from the Nigerian article that was posted here the other day.
Who?
fmgod
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 148 likes

Post by fmgod »

Adama Traore bleeding hell :lol: League two football has a better footballing brain and end product, built like a brickhouse with blistering pace and that's where it ends, you'll never be able to make him good as he never will be as he doesn't have the basic footballing intelligence, he can't even track a man
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 610 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Rather take a punt on Ryan Kent who was on loan at Barnsley. Looks a decent player already and only 20
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

fmgod wrote:Adama Traore bleeding hell :lol: League two football has a better footballing brain and end product, built like a brickhouse with blistering pace and that's where it ends, you'll never be able to make him good as he never will be as he doesn't have the basic footballing intelligence, he can't even track a man

We don't see quite the same player. As well as pace to burn, strong I also think he's very skilful. However like Fernandes at the same age, he lacks plenty of experience and so decision making can be erratic. But that's no surprise considering his tender age. What I do see is raw potential and with time and coached right I reckon he could become a quality player in the long run. At a reasonable price, I'd be more than happy if Bilic went for him.
Patito

Post by Patito »

I don't think I've ever seen you rate anyone fmgod :D
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Patito wrote:I don't think I've ever seen you rate anyone fmgod :D
I probably don't but sometimes I get proven right, was massively massively against signing Snodgrass and have been proven right with that. Just hate seeing as signing/linked with rubbish players that don't move the club forward or massive high prices for bang average footballers.
Last edited by fmgod on Fri May 19, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Colours never run wrote:
We don't see quite the same player. As well as pace to burn, strong I also think he's very skilful. However like Fernandes at the same age, he lacks plenty of experience and so decision making can be erratic. But that's no surprise considering his tender age. What I do see is raw potential and with time and coached right I reckon he could become a quality player in the long run. At a reasonable price, I'd be more than happy if Bilic went for him.
Better coaching? if Barcelona and La Masia couldn't coach him, everybody else has no chance. His played a 100 senior games and is still clueless, he will never amount to anything, you can't coach him as he is just thick on a football pitch.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2058 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

A long time ago I was working on an FA Cup Final at the old Wembley and had a natter with Lawrie McMenemy, fine fellow that he is. He said when he went to look at a youngster recommended to him he could tell within five minutes whether they even had a chance of making it or not.

"How?" said I. "Pace", said he. He basically said you can teach the rest but if they haven't got pace they stand no chance.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ so he'd basically tell pirlo to f*** off?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Colours never run wrote:

Coached right, you say? :( Well if that is what he needs, then he will best advised to go somewhere, else, or stay at Middlesbrough, where very likely, he receives far better coaching than we are able to offer. Do you know what a large part of our training consists of? Plenty of hard running and not a lot else . Bilic is a huge advocate of this and it may explain a lot of our training ground injuries
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1179 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

From which credible source have you plucked that nugget of information Puff?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

fjthegrey wrote:From which credible source have you plucked that nugget of information Puff?

You mean you have not heard this ? I cannot recall, but it was not long ago and I think it may even have been on here somewhere. I must admit, I was quite shocked when I read it, but tragically, not altogether surprised. It would explain a lot
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Who's coached Traore exactly at senior level cutting his teeth? Bar a handful of appearances at Barca, he's had little decent coaching in him at such a high level. Bilic would be a considerable step up compared to any one he's previously worked with, with his wealth of knowledge in the game. He just needs the raw talent and I think Traore like Fernandes would be a good fit for us.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Puff Daddy wrote:

You mean you have not heard this ? I cannot recall, but it was not long ago and I think it may even have been on here somewhere. I must admit, I was quite shocked when I read it, but tragically, not altogether surprised. It would explain a lot
You seem to believe everything you read.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Bingo continued
West Ham have been thwarted in their efforts
To bring in 35 million pound target. .(insert any name).. after his current club turned down the requested 2 year loan spell/rejected the derisory 2 million pound offer plus add ons.
Meanwhile chairman David Sullivan wrapped up the signing of Honduran fourth division unknown Carlos kickaball on a free transfer.
Earlier in the week Andy Carroll collapsed in training after breaking his hair and faces another lengthy absence and is unlikely to feature until next April.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Vienna wrote: You seem to believe everything you read.

The way the article was written seemed pretty plausible to me and I'm sure will re-surface at some point. Keep your eyes peeled. I wish I could recall where I read it, maybe somebody might me up on this
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

I've found it. It was written by a journalist called Matt Barlow for ' The Mail ' on 30th March this year. If you 'Google' Bilic training methods you should be able to locate the article for yourselves. It mentions concern within the club at his training methods