Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by warp »

didn't someone say on here that the option was taken a few weeks ago?

he did not want to sign an extension, so he was benched and the extension was taken to get something for him in the summer. WARNING: all this is located between speculation and total b*llocks.

had randolph been half decent, i doubt we would have seen the spaniard playing for us again.
i like him, but we could do better (NOT hart though!)
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

ironstu wrote:Ross Barkley anyone?
Prefer Nolito. Especially if it's true he's available for £3.5m!
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

WestHamIFC wrote:Prefer Nolito. Especially if it's true he's available for £3.5m!
apparently he's not even homesick, just wants to play (though he says he really enjoys galicia and loved his seasons at vigo).

it would be good to have man city as feeder club!

if these diving retrospective bans pick up, barkley at our place would play even less than carroll!
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Why are people so "up" on Adama Traore, 28 appearances this year 0 goals. Feghouli has 3 in 25. Ok goals are not everything but I would rather stick with Feghouli and see if he improves second season. I agree we need another wide player as Tore is off but I think a genuine left sided player is a better idea. Antonio can play there but Feghouli is strictly right side.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Gsbgsb wrote:Why are people so "up" on Adama Traore, 28 appearances this year 0 goals. Feghouli has 3 in 25. Ok goals are not everything but I would rather stick with Feghouli and see if he improves second season. I agree we need another wide player as Tore is off but I think a genuine left sided player is a better idea. Antonio can play there but Feghouli is strictly right side.
Traore is young, is incredibly rapid, and has been featuring in an even worse side than us. Also, while I should imagine Feghouli wants to start more games, Traore would (I guess) be satisfied to come off the bench until/if he establishes himself as a starter. From the board's point of view, he could also potentially be worth more in the future. I think he'd be a good signing, but not a first 11 choice at present.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

Adama traore is still a baby. Can't believe some don't see the potential in this kid. Would be a cracking buy. He's been trapped in a poor villa and boro side. Get him in!
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Work on his final ball and put him in a team who actually want to score goals and he'll tear the league up. Antonio is the only player in our squad even close to him when it comes to pace and dribbling and he's still some way off this kid.

Last edited by DDHammer on Fri May 19, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

doesn't he have the most successful dribbles in Europe? ahead of messi and Ronaldo etc?
served us well picking up the player with the most assists in Europe...

get him in, someone exciting to watch
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Traore and Masuaku on one wing, that would not be a fun time for the other team, especially with Antonio on the other side. Throw in Iheanacho in the middle and our pace will terrify anyone.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:Adama traore is still a baby. Can't believe some don't see the potential in this kid. Would be a cracking buy. He's been trapped in a poor villa and boro side. Get him in!
100% Traore has massive upside

I also think Nolito would be a great buy, although I don't like some of his dirty side, he kinda reminds me of Suarez. 100% effort & will get under defenders skin.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Would be well worth a punt for a decent fee. Defenders hate playing against rapid players who run at them.

Obiang, Kouyate, Lanzini, Antonio and Traore would be a scary midfield IMO.
warp

Post by warp »

apart from being lightning-quick, dribbling a lot and not delivering (tho the latter could be because of the teams he's played in), what are traore's characteristics? (i haven't watched a lot of boro this season)
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Traore has played for Villa and Borough for a reason. The kid is world class in flashes, but doesn't track back, let's players run off him, leaves his team mates exposed etc. Bad egg for the squad in my view.
Patito

Post by Patito »

warp wrote:apart from being lightning-quick, dribbling a lot and not delivering (tho the latter could be because of the teams he's played in), what are traore's characteristics? (i haven't watched a lot of boro this season)

The few times I've seen him (particularly their Swansea game), his delivery was actually very good, Gestede, Negredo & co missed some absolute sitters. As you can see in below video...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Patito on Fri May 19, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patito

Post by Patito »

DannyboyDJL wrote:Traore has played for Villa and Borough for a reason. The kid is world class in flashes, but doesn't track back, let's players run off him, leaves his team mates exposed etc. Bad egg for the squad in my view.

He is 21 years old you muppet. Re-read what you have written and think about how many players would be written off if you went by who they'd played for at the age of 20/21...
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

5/4 favourites for Iheanacho at the moment, how reliable are these sorts of odds usually?

Ex also saying we're interested.

Onyereku signing is on Twitter as well but I think that stems from the Nigerian article that was posted here the other day.
Chelmo Hammer

Post by Chelmo Hammer »

Iheanacho would be a quality signing, make no mistake. We don't have a chance in hell of getting him though, much better teams than us will be in for him.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1307 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

thejackhammer wrote: Onyereku signing is on Twitter as well but I think that stems from the Nigerian article that was posted here the other day.
Claret and Hugh's "source" said that wasn't happening as we don't believe he can step up to the Premier League.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1673 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

I really hope we don't waste the next 2 months "chasing" Iheanacho. Sure, make an offer for him but we don't stand a chance. Much better teams will be in for him. I reckon he'll go to somewhere like Dortmund.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:I really hope we don't waste the next 2 months "chasing" Iheanacho. Sure, make an offer for him but we don't stand a chance. Much better teams will be in for him. I reckon he'll go to somewhere like Dortmund.
I think he has the opportunity to play with us, which is our advantage over the likes of Dortmund.