Surrounding the ref...

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Surrounding the ref...

Postby Up the Junction on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:57 pm

I refereed an U9s game this morning and sent a supporter packing from the ground. Perhaps they should introduce that into the PL, would liven up some of our games.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby 61dicksey on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Gosling was the main offender for Bournemouth, every time he was in the refs face.
61dicksey

Postby Paddy O'Hammer on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:23 pm

The red scum at it again tonight (as well as the blue scum).

I honestly thought the ref was going to rescind the red with all that surrounding and shouting in his face....

:lol:
Paddy O'Hammer

Postby Supersoulfighter on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Another match, another example. 5 or 6 Man Utd players immediately surround the ref, Valencia in particular had dissent written all over his face. Will there be any punishment from the FA or even the barest of mentions by the pundits in the studio? I'd bet against it.
Supersoulfighter

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Rong fred :oops:
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby bowltorious on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:30 pm

We got fined a few times last season from incidents despite the cards subsequently being rescinded. The big teams constantly do it without punishment. Another rule that got implemented for a few weeks before poeple just let it slide again. I've seen Conte on several occasions wave imaginary cards aswell, pretty sure he done it against us last week aswell.
bowltorious

Postby vietnammer on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Supersoulfighter wrote:Another match, another example. 5 or 6 Man Utd players immediately surround the ref

Like night follows day
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby mrbluesky on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I wonder if the ref had just told the MUFC captain that the next player to stop Hazard by fouling him is getting a yellow?

I find it interesting when Herrera is a dirty fouling little sh*t against us nothing happens, when he does the same against the likes of Chelsea its two yellows and off.

Some teams are more equal than others eh?
mrbluesky

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Shame really, I was hoping for a serious injury for Herera.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby JerseyHammer on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:43 pm

mrbluesky wrote:I find it interesting when Herrera is a dirty fouling little sh*t against us nothing happens, when he does the same against the likes of Chelsea its two yellows and off.

Some teams are more equal than others eh?

Thought exactly that when the second yellow came out. He's done far, far worse and gotten completely away with it. Monday night, Chelsea at home, suddenly Herrera is off before the break. I despise the guy but it's just as frustrating knowing that it'd never have been given against a lower profile team.
JerseyHammer

Postby rciron on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Rat faced **** finally got what he deserves, always in the refs face proper **** man u player a la keane
rciron

Postby rciron on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:04 am

Rat faced **** finally got what he deserves, always in the refs face proper **** man u player a la keane
rciron

Postby sanchoz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:06 am

If the ref had any conviction last night he should have shown a card straight away to Valencia for his reaction which lasted for quite a long while and should have warned Smalling that anyone else who approached him in the same manner would also receive a card. Also Ashley Young complaining after the card and to the ref as they walked off for half time, its none of his business.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby thejackhammer on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:19 am

I'd book any non-captain who spoke to me in the first few minutes. Let the players know I won't stand for it.

Valencia would've been sent off by the end of that match, Jones booked for simulation, Pogba just because i don't like him.
thejackhammer

Postby Westbourne Bill on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Man Utd charged.....http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39272896

Wont make a blind bit of difference until points are docked or players banned.
Westbourne Bill

Postby ChikinRun on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Just another example of the FA dropping their strides and showing a gaping great chasm where their balls should be.
Useless they are, fcukin useless.
So many real problems in football that are so easy to address...same goes for uefa and fifa.
ChikinRun

Postby hammerman11 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:50 am

at the begiining of the season there were a few bookings for dissent and approaching the ref.
Need to follow rugby where they dont surround the ref after a foul rather than an eyelash out of place.

FA should re issue the guidelines that only captains can approach ref. Dissent is vile in the game and no ip reading course needed with most.

Big teams do it and get away with it. Led by their managers.

book them and send off for two dissent bookings, that will stop it very quickly. Must apply to the sky/BT darlings as well !
hammerman11

Postby kayahammer on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:07 am

Ref should use his spray. Line on the floor and no one can cross it unless invited. Simple :thup:
kayahammer

Postby continental skills on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:50 am

kayahammer wrote:Ref should use his spray. Line on the floor and no one can cross it unless invited. Simple :thup:

Alternatively, he could spray it in the face of any player who gets too close to him.
continental skills

Postby thejackhammer on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:36 pm

The ref needs a backbone, first player to dissent, even minor, straight in the book. That'll teach them. Too many people criticising referees for sending players off and 'ruining the game' that players get away with cheating and being rude to the referee
thejackhammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion