Season Ticket Renewals

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby LeagleBeagle on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:08 pm

Got the same email regarding my young son who is a ST holder. Fairly easy to see how they got to 55k.
LeagleBeagle

Postby Kialos on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Had the text but no emails yet.....
Kialos

Postby Captain Slaphead on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Kialos wrote:Had the text but no emails yet.....

Not strictly 'on-topic', but this afternoon I got a text addressed to "Eugene" (who is apparently the poor sod who's got my Ticket Traded seat tomorrow)

It would seem that the system is to have no system......
Captain Slaphead

Postby Sweeney Bod on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:21 pm

I am another season ticket holder who had the waiting list email. From the beginning I have thought the 50k was all smoke and mirrors.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 pm

How many STH are there?

If they're all counted as being on the waiting list...
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Mega Ron on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 pm

Perhaps it's just a not so subtle reminder that there 'could' be someone for your ticket should you not renew in hope of a cheap relocation
Mega Ron

Postby Colours never run on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Nah it's called bull**** born out of panicking the renewal rate weren't what they were expecting. Their bluff has been called.

55k waiting list :lol:
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby hamstas_paradise on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:55 pm

And myself and my nephew are two more current STH's who have already renewed but who got the waiting list email. To be fair I can understand how it happened as I think we were among the last dozen or so people to get season tickets as we got a very late call from the club when some people who paid deposits didn't pay the balance. There were a handful of tickets left and we had to take single seasons some way apart. We get loads of emails as if we are still Claret Members (which we'd paid for before being offered the ST's). It meant we missed out on having our names on the Founders Wall, but I've got over it now, I'm able to sleep at nights once more.

If the alleged 55,000 waiting list is more than 20,000 in reality I'd be surprised. Tickets have been easy to come by for most games, and everyone will have had the chance to go to multiple games, so not not everyone waiting will want an ST now. The waiting list will be exhausted this time around given the number of people who have said they are not renewing.
hamstas_paradise

Postby Blow Bubbles on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 pm

We did ours straight away... wasn't ever a question for me and the the old man... just keeping all fingers crossed that the dick heads behind who are debating based on 'where we are' decide to **** off...
Blow Bubbles

Postby Believer on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 pm

I bet they've got their statements lined up for Monday already - regardless of tomorrow's results.

"We are already actively looking at the market for players.......

Who are either in their late 30's, free, loan to buy or down right useless

We will leave no stone unturned. We already have 2 £25m bids in.....

Even although we know the bidding starts at £30m - Don't go to bed !!"

I reckon they are bricking it now. The penny might be dropping that more and more people are now seeing through them.
Believer

Postby mickthekeeper on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 pm

Richard_B wrote:
There's a banding map on a link but no indication of the costs per band at all.

Interestingly (or not), the banding map shows my band 5 ST (level with the top of the big screen) as being in Band 4 and all the covered seats at the back of the stand appear to be the Band 5 seats

Are they pre-empting a capacity increase or have I missed some announcement?

I'm sure it'd be shouted about somewhere?
mickthekeeper

Postby IABATAC on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:41 am

There's no mention of prices because they don't want to shoot their bolt. They just want as many waiting list people as they can get to say "yes, I'm interested". And at this stage, why wouldn't you comply? You've got nothing to lose. It's the best way for them to create a sense of urgency and prolong the lie that we've got thousands clammering for a season ticket. This puts pressure on existing season ticket holders to renew as it appears there's so many willing to take your place and if they maximise the renewals it supports the 55,000 bulsh*t when those on the waiting list can't get one. This is the football equivalent of opening the nightclub doors at 11pm and not letting anyone in until midnight.
IABATAC

Postby WeallwantMoore on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:47 am

Apologies if mentioned before

If you know anyone or have friends with plus 2 tickets that they are not renewing and you want to move from your current seat to theirs you can call and get them swapped now

Just call up, give the ref numbers of the season tickets swapping and it's done, your account is allocated the new seats numbers....those swapped to your current seats just don't get renewed

I've done it... :scarfer:
WeallwantMoore

Postby bengeo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:58 am

mickthekeeper wrote: Interestingly (or not), the banding map shows my band 5 ST (level with the top of the big screen) as being in Band 4 and all the covered seats at the back of the stand appear to be the Band 5 seats

There are several errors on the Official Plan. Payet and Mash's plan is much more accurate:
https://s20.postimg.org/lai1ndsct/West_Ham_Olympic_Stadium_Seating_Plan_v1.8.jpg
bengeo

Postby mushy on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:48 am

WeallwantMoore wrote:Apologies if mentioned before

If you know anyone or have friends with plus 2 tickets that they are not renewing and you want to move from your current seat to theirs you can call and get them swapped now

Just call up, give the ref numbers of the season tickets swapping and it's done, your account is allocated the new seats numbers....those swapped to your current seats just don't get renewed

I've done it... :scarfer:

Really? How do the ticket office know for certain that the two seats are not renewing?
Surely they can only do this once the deadline has passed?
mushy

Postby Richard_B on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Is there any info available anywhere (even if it's from last year) detailing pricing levels per band?

Just so I can get a jist of likely cost?
Richard_B

Postby bengeo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Richard_B wrote:Is there any info available anywhere (even if it's from last year) detailing pricing levels per band?

Renewal pricing here: http://seasontickets.whufc.com/pricing
bengeo

Postby Richard_B on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:03 pm

bengeo wrote:Renewal pricing here: http://seasontickets.whufc.com/pricing

Cheers
Richard_B

Postby Alfiehammer on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:How many STH are there?

If they're all counted as being on the waiting list...

Based on my group today, it really does seem they have duplicated the ST list on the waiting list....
Alfiehammer

Postby simonirons on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:30 pm

You would really hope they did that by choice and not error. - I wouldn't put either past them.
simonirons

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion