Season Ticket Renewals

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby Kialos on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 am

leveller wrote:If the club just stopped trying to exploit it's own supporters for what must be relatively insignificant amounts of money it would go a long way. Imagine if eBay had similar terms and conditions for sellers? I couldn't see them lasting very long.

On that note

This is a factual story but I can't name the man involved......

Many years ago he was involved in the adult entertainment industry and used to advertise 6 photos not of the holiday snap kind for £x, When the mug punter got his 6 photos they were all identical. Now I suspect all the customers would have expected 6 different photos, who needs 6 of the same thing, but of course it never said 6 different photos in the advert. When all is said and done it's a pretty petty and pathetic way to operate and of course most customers would rather take the hit on the money than embarrass themselves complaining.

This is quite an issue in the adult entertainment industry, those in that line of business know they can exploit the punters to a large extent because few will complain. Even to this day it is a problem.

My view is that if someone has spent a large amount of their business life operating in such an environment it explains their attitude to customers in other types of businesses they may involve themselves in.
Kialos

Postby the pink palermo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 am

Kialos wrote:When the mug punter got his 6 photos they were all identical. Now I suspect all the customers would have expected 6 different photos, who needs 6 of the same thing,.

I could, um, er, explain , sort of , on the quiet , at least that was the case when I was a young man :oops:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Alfiehammer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:40 am

Always reminds me of the plan to raise the money in lock stock. Bet it would work too.
Last edited by Alfiehammer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alfiehammer

Postby Alfiehammer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:46 am

morganwhu wrote:The people who run our club are scum of the highest order.

Just to add a small amount of balance...I'm fairly confident DS would have people run and organise things like club cash on his behalf...he's too busy playing real life football manager...that's what head of ticketing are for?
Alfiehammer

Postby the pink palermo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:47 am

Have the club announced match to match prices yet for next season ?

They could announce them before the deadline for season tickets with Sky high prices for the so called big 6 ( Cat A) matches to try and scare supporters into stumping up for a ST .....

Or they could wait until after the deadline , then announced Sky high prices for those games and THEN extend the deadline for ST's .

The clubs accounting date is 31st May , same as the renewal deadline date - on that basis I would expect them to announce the sky high prices before the deadline to try and shake some cash out of the STH's .

The last information I had from someone in the club was there were less than 12,000 renewals including those who signed up for the 2 year tickets .I've no idea whether that would be a normal renewal rate for this stage of proceedings .

Just 40,000 to go then .........
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Bubblewrap on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:53 am

the pink palermo wrote:Have the club announced match to match prices yet for next season ?

They could announce them before the deadline for season tickets with Sky high prices for the so called big 6 ( Cat A) matches to try and scare supporters into stumping up for a ST .....

Or they could wait until after the deadline , then announced Sky high prices for those games and THEN extend the deadline for ST's .

The clubs accounting date is 31st May , same as the renewal deadline date - on that basis I would expect them to announce the sky high prices before the deadline to try and shake some cash out of the STH's .

The last information I had from someone in the club was there were less than 12,000 renewals including those who signed up for the 2 year tickets .I've no idea whether that would be a normal renewal rate for this stage of proceedings .

Just 40,000 to go then .........

I did my renewal on finance this time. I must have had at least five calls from West Ham chasing me to sign the credit agreement on line so they could get the cash from the finance house. I've got two band 3 ST's so they are obviously desperate for my 1200 pounds
Bubblewrap

Postby Up the Junction on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:56 pm

I haven't renewed and haven't heard a dicky bird!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Mega Ron on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Up the Junction wrote:I haven't renewed and haven't heard a dicky bird!

I haven't either and am also handling the renewal of our group of 7. Three are renewing.

I've received plenty of emails and a couple of letters in the post but haven't had any calls.
Mega Ron

Postby Hammers Dad on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Nor I for my four tickets either
Hammers Dad

Postby Knighter10WHU on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:15 pm

They don't care, remember there is 50,000 on the waiting list 8-)
Knighter10WHU

Postby Hammerite on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Me neither, I've had an email about yet another auction though.
Hammerite

Postby Oldun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Sorry about butting in,but have not heard about what?
The renewal or the cash credit?
I have received renewal info via the post and the only one of our group who had cash credit got an email,but nothing for us who have not got any credit.
Oldun

Postby Kialos on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Yes, I've had a renewal pack through the post and an email about cub cash, which I have but had not already renewed so not affected by the expiry date as originally planned, now thankfully changed. No renewal calls as yet!

I've only had a call about the end of season dinner, which I declined in about 5 seconds flat.

Oh and Pink, please, no more about your Hilda Ogden fantasies, cheers.
Kialos

Postby ChzMff on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 pm

There's 10 of us. Everybody has renewed.
ChzMff

Postby mushy on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:00 pm

ChzMff wrote:There's 10 of us. Everybody has renewed.

Signed the current first team squad.
(fit memebers only).
mushy

Postby MD_HM on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:27 pm

They won't need to panic with 55k waiting in the wings to snap up season tickets

They must be relaxed with those type of numbers :lol:
MD_HM

Postby bengeo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Pop Robson wrote:Good to hear they've sorted out another cock up
Onto the next one :scarfer:

I think they have only postponed this one. The new email from the club also includes this:

"Following that date, the West Ham United Club Cash scheme will then operate on an ongoing 12-month period starting on 1 June 2018 to 31 May 2019, allowing supporters to earn and redeem on an annual basis, in line with our seasonal products such as Season Tickets and Claret Membership."

Surely that means there will be a problem again in May 2019 where anyone who renews their season ticket before the last game(s) and then uses Ticket Trader will lose their money?
bengeo

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:03 am

There are two simple things you can do if this is the case; either don't use Ticket Trader or if you do wait until after the last game and the money is in you account before renewing.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby brooking_1980 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:12 am

The ultra-good solution would be to automatically reduce the payment amount for the season ticket by exactly the amount that had been accrued under the Club Cash scheme. How great would that be !

The downside would be that there's many people who will lose their Club Cash and not think too hard about it, may not even notice and life goes on, with the Board just banking the cash. I do understand the views of many people who refuse to put their tickets up on the Ticket Trader, as the club gets double bubble for the ticket sale and effectively doesn't even give a small commission back to many Season Ticket owners.
brooking_1980

Postby hammerman11 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:29 am

whats the news on claret members is that going up. seems to work quite well but still a rip off. I got a £3 plastic card holder in my pack, no money off voucher as promised. compare to liverpools scheme with was £10 cheaper, included a quarterly club magazine and a storage fob for your computer to keep your photos on.

why are we always the cheapskates ! Not with ticket prices though £61 for spurs, affordable football ?

I reckon a poor renewal rate will see them plunge into the transfer market.
hammerman11

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion