Season Ticket Renewals

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:53 am

hammerman11 wrote:I reckon a poor renewal rate will see them plunge into the transfer market.

Sadly though Sullivans No.1 target, 86 years old Glen Johnson has just signed a 1 year extension at Stoke.

We worked night and day, we really did, we offered a club record fee for an 86 year old , but we couldn't get him
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby hammerman11 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:58 am

Don`t worry we have a young zabaleta and john terry as possibles.

we could have the oldest defence in the league next season, surely not ?

zabaleta I can understand if there are no good young RB available. He could still do a job but not terry.

If he joins it will kill the renewal rate !
hammerman11

Postby bengeo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:There are two simple things you can do if this is the case; either don't use Ticket Trader or if you do wait until after the last game and the money is in you account before renewing.

Yes, we can do that as we're here and we know about it. The average supporter who doesn't read the small print will be shocked to find that they can sell their ticket in May and then have the money taken away from them at the end of May.
bengeo

Postby Pop Robson on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Shame you can't transfer the TT credits to another season that you may have brought ! If you've got say 1 adult and 2 kids and one of kids wants to pack it in

We've got 4 STs between the family, none in my name but I paid ! That'll drop to 2 at most next season, not that we've used ticket trader so OK on that front
Pop Robson

Postby MD_HM on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Few mentions on another thread that posters have heard from friends at Chelsea that we will be ground sharing with them soon and even that contracts might even be sign and sealed....

If true... I guess we will find out the day after renewals are due :D

I know it's not next season but guess some might not be happy?
MD_HM

Postby mushy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Kialos wrote:
On that note

This is a factual story but I can't name the man involved......

Many years ago he was involved in the adult entertainment industry and used to advertise 6 photos not of the holiday snap kind for £x, When the mug punter got his 6 photos they were all identical. Now I suspect all the customers would have expected 6 different photos, who needs 6 of the same thing, but of course it never said 6 different photos in the advert. When all is said and done it's a pretty petty and pathetic way to operate and of course most customers would rather take the hit on the money than embarrass themselves complaining.

This is quite an issue in the adult entertainment industry, those in that line of business know they can exploit the punters to a large extent because few will complain. Even to this day it is a problem.

My view is that if someone has spent a large amount of their business life operating in such an environment it explains their attitude to customers in other types of businesses they may involve themselves in.

Would this person also and up in prison for living off immoral earnings?
mushy

Postby James P on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:44 am

MD_HM wrote:I know it's not next season but guess some might not be happy?

It'd be a ballache getting the district line all that way west but if it gets us out the athletics stadium I'm game.
James P

Postby Wembley1966 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Up the Junction wrote:I haven't renewed and haven't heard a dicky bird!

Just had a text from them reminding me that I can renew in person at the ticket office at tomorrow's game!
Wembley1966

Postby Richard_B on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:02 pm

I received an email from the club today advising that I am in the top tranche of the waiting list and to confirm back by 19th May that I'd like to take up the option of purchasing a season ticket and to indicate what band I would like to purchase in.

There's a banding map on a link but no indication of the costs per band at all.

Seems strange that they are asking for a commitment to purchase without releasing any pricing information.
Richard_B

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm

I too received an email telling me;

"As one of the 55,000 on the Waiting List eager to become a Season Ticket Holder, [I'm an STH] there is no doubt you have put yourself in the best position to be in with a chance of securing a Season Ticket.

Following the Season Ticket renewal and relocation phase, any seats not renewed will be made available to supporters on the Season Ticket Waiting List from Friday 16 June, in order of the date you joined the Waiting List.

In advance of this, please complete the online form below by Friday 19 May, to confirm that you would like to take up your priority to become a Season Ticket Holder, as well as letting us know your preferences on seat band so we can allocate you the best possible seats at the earliest opportunity.

Due to the extraordinary demand for Season Tickets and with such a large number of supporters on the Waiting List, unfortunately we will not be able to offer everyone a Season Ticket for the 2017/18 season."

55,000 eh?

I won't be filling in any form, neither renewal nor waiting list.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Richard_B wrote:There's a banding map on a link but no indication of the costs per band at all.

Seems strange that they are asking for a commitment to purchase without releasing any pricing information.

Does it, when they know that you are just straining at the leash with 50,000 others who have been denied the regular delights that the rest of us have experienced this season?

I expect that it will be a little bit more than this season!

Did you know you were on the list?
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby preston on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Same here too. Got the email above, and I'm a st holder, and already renewed for next season. The mythical 55k waiting list is proving to be just that!
preston

Postby west ham morgan on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:17 pm

I got the same email. After we did not sell out the Chelsea cup game I sent a tweet to Karren asking why the 55,000 waiting list did not purchase tickets but also where this figure came from. My membership account shows I am on it but I did not pay and never wanted to be. She replied that only those who have paid are on it.

However, as expected, this email today shows that the 55,00 must include every member. Surely worrying for them that they must know most of the figure have no intention of purchasing a season ticket?
west ham morgan

Postby Richard_B on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Claret&Blue,Thru& wrote:Does it, when they know that you are just straining at the leash with 50,000 others who have been denied the regular delights that the rest of us have experienced this season?

I expect that it will be a little bit more than this season!

Did you know you were on the list?

Yep I put myself on the list as part of last seasons club membership.

There is no mention of the 55k waiting list on my email so I've received a slightly different version to the above.

I've been to 4 games this season and whilst not exactly loving the stadium would be interested in purchasing, just can't believe they're asking for commitment with no indication of cost.
Richard_B

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Richard_B wrote:
Yep I put myself on the list as part of last seasons club membership.

There is no mention of the 55k waiting list on my email so I've received a slightly different version to the above.

I've been to 4 games this season and whilst not exactly loving the stadium would be interested in purchasing, just can't believe they're asking for commitment with no indication of cost.

From the emails quoted it doesn't sound like a commitment, more that the club is looking for an indication of just how many people are really interested in any available seats. Strange when renewals were supposed to be at such a record breaking rate!
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby Colours never run on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Wembley1966 wrote:Just had a text from them reminding me that I can renew in person at the ticket office at tomorrow's game!

Likewise. Desperation and panic springs to mind...

Ahead of tomorrows game against Everton, we would like to remind you that you can renew your Season Ticket on matchday in person at the Ticket Office.

The best time to do so is before 2.00pm or straight after the game.

For more information on renewals visit seasontickets.whufc.com

COYI
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Jon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Got the same email. Laughable, in fact I did burst out laughing at the mention of 55k on the waiting list.

I'm apparently one of them despite NEVER signing up to any waiting list.

If Brady was on the Apprentice (for real) she wouldn't get past round 1.

It's embarrassing stuff.
Jon

Postby Jon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:40 pm

I should add I'm not a member either. I was last season though..
Jon

Postby Richard_B on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:50 pm

My email received:

Dear Richard,

We would like to thank you once again for your commitment and patience as a supporter on the Season Ticket Waiting List.

We are delighted to inform you that you are in the very top tranche of the Season Ticket Waiting List and we are looking forward to being able to offer you a Season Ticket for the 2017/18 season.

Following the Season Ticket renewal and relocation phase, any seats not renewed will be made available to supporters on the Season Ticket Waiting List from Friday 16 June, in order of the date you joined the Waiting List.

In advance of this, please complete the online form below by Friday 19 May, to confirm that you would like to take up your priority to become a Season Ticket Holder, as well as letting us know your preferences on seat band, so that we can allocate you the best possible seats at the earliest opportunity.

Furthermore, the Ticket Office will start to contact supporters from Friday 16 June to allocate these seats, so its important that you are in a position to finalise your Season Ticket at that time, so that you don’t miss out on your priority.

Complete the online form by clicking here. Your client reference number is:
Richard_B

Postby Mega Ron on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Emails from West Ham automatically go into my junk folder.

Seems appropriate.
Mega Ron

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion