Season Ticket Renewals

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby Gep on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:14 pm

I'll renew when I'm ready.

I remember a few seasons back they kept banging on how I'm gonna be losing my seat if I didn't renew by the date given.
Delayed a week, then went on holiday for a further 2wks, then phoned up to renew 3days after my holiday.
"Yes Mr Gep, that's all gone through, anything else I can help you with"?

*Gep puts phone down*
Gep

Postby 1mcavennie on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Spot on. Apparently nearly 30,000 applied for renewals (moves) last week, so when the majority of those are disappointed and the mythical 55,000 waiting list disappears, where will that leave the club?
1mcavennie

Postby mike1961 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:06 pm

On Monday morning I got this message on my phone about renewing and (when I clicked on the link) I saw I was being offered an AST too. Now I had an AST a few years ago (for just 1 year) and after thinking it over on Monday morning decided I would like one next year, so logged in to renew and did so despite the AST link having disappeared by then. The net result of this (as I have no intention of relocating), I have been conned into renewing 10 weeks earlier than I needed to!
mike1961

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:52 pm

30k renewals in one week?

Yeah, right.
LincolnshireHammer

Postby Ozza on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:57 pm

If you were a cynical type, you might even think that all of this has been planned and thought through since day one, sell people tickets that don't relate to the sales pitch, know that the first season is going to have huge issues, know that a large proportion will want to move, lock them into renewing early if they want to relocate.

She's a clever, devious woman
Ozza

Postby wildkard on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:57 pm

30k haven't applied for renewals. You're getting mixed up with this on C&H:

https://www.claretandhugh.info/30000-ha ... t-renewal/
wildkard

Postby MD_HM on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Not sure how they can work first come first serve list for relocation

Person A could have renewed in the first hour they went on sale and Person B the last hour...

if person A wants person's B seat, they can only have it if person B also gets a move

Unless they are saying if you declare you want to move, you have instantly lost your original seat and have to take any alternative seat but most I guess only want a move if they can get what they want.
MD_HM

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:18 pm

That is a very good point MDHM
I want to relocate but haven't renewed yet, and probably won't for a while
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby wildkard on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:22 pm

MD_HM wrote:Not sure how they can work first come first serve list for relocation

Person A could have renewed in the first hour they went on sale and Person B the last hour...

if person A wants person's B seat, they can only have it if person B also gets a move

Unless they are saying if you declare you want to move, you have instantly lost your original seat and have to take any alternative seat but most I guess only want a move if they can get what they want.

They are allocating time slots for each person based on order of renewal. I'm assuming you will only be able to move to a seat that someone has not renewed by June 1st. Of course, as more people move, other seats become available. So it doesn't work brilliantly but that's about the only way they can do it.

There's no way you give up your existing seat if you want to move but can't find somewhere to move to. That would just be bizarre and makes no sense.
wildkard

Postby MD_HM on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:56 pm

If that's the case and 40k for example renew then there would be 12k seats only to be relocated to, but would presume they will be the upper tier seats in main or the dearest.

Yet you might have 20k looking to move seats, presuming pretty much all of the lower tier will probably get renewed anyway.

But you might have many of the 20k looking to move that might have swapped seats with each other so to speak.

Just wondered if a website like the one a fan posted on here where people could state what they have and where they want to go might have been a better tool rather than first come first serve so to speak.

Can imagine there being some band 1 upper tier and 1966 upper tier seats up for grabs but guess they are not what people want to move to in general? I presumed most would be looking to get into a lower tier that want to move or into a cheaper seat.
MD_HM

Postby wildkard on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:12 pm

Can't see there being a lot of movement tbh
wildkard

Postby mushy on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:35 pm

MD_HM wrote:Not sure how they can work first come first serve list for relocation

They will only let you relocate to a seat where the other season ticket holder has not renewed, that's my understanding anyway.
If you are a cat1 trying to go for a cheaper seat, you will be relying on the cat2 's downwards to chuck their tickets in, and as they are the ones that seem to be the happiest, it will make life very difficult.
They will offer you an alternative seat of those that have not renewed on a first come first served basis.
mushy

Postby njewhu on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:39 pm

So I emailed the ticket office at Christmas to ask for a move and spoke to someone....I was told they would deal with moves in a first come first serve order. Then Im told its about how quickly you renew ....

This sounds like at least one of these is utter b*llocks... :(
njewhu

Postby mushy on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:46 pm

njewhu, I have constantly emailed the TO, and attended in person three times to relocate.
Was made various promises, all of which came to nothing.
its rubbish really.
mushy

Postby fredjstanley on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Myself, my old man and my sister have band 5 season tickets for which we had to pay two seasons up front. Have thought about relocating, but tbh I'm confident there'll be enough empties next season that we'll pretty much be able to pick our spot in the upper tier.
fredjstanley

Postby mushy on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Fred,

where are your cat5 seats currently located then?

We should start a Kumb swapsie service.
mushy

Postby HHCD on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:30 pm

fredjstanley wrote:Myself, my old man and my sister have band 5 season tickets for which we had to pay two seasons up front. Have thought about relocating, but tbh I'm confident there'll be enough empties next season that we'll pretty much be able to pick our spot in the upper tier.

Just watched Hammers chat vlog..so many empty v LCFC in BM Upper West Upper

Make you right
HHCD

Postby njewhu on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 am

mushy wrote:njewhu, I have constantly emailed the TO, and attended in person three times to relocate.
Was made various promises, all of which came to nothing.
its rubbish really.

So they told you you'll be dealt with at renewal time with a priority i guess? When did you first ask mate and where do you sit?
njewhu

Postby mushy on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 am

njewhu wrote:

So they told you you'll be dealt with at renewal time with a priority i guess? When did you first ask mate and where do you sit?

No, was told that it would be sorted and it could be done this season , sit at the back of the East Upper (one of the row sixties).
Told them early on I couldn't get up the steps because of knees and age, cant quite remember when.
Never got a reply to any mails, and when I visited the ticket office I was assured each time by the very nice sales people that they would call me within the next few days, they took my number but nothing ever happened.
When I went back, there was never any record of this and had to start again, asked them to make a note on my file (not sure such a thing exists), assured it had been done, but the same outcome.
mushy

Postby fredjstanley on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:38 am

mushy wrote:Fred,

where are your cat5 seats currently located then?

We should start a Kumb swapsie service.

252 mate. Probably one of the few areas in the stadium where the price of a ST is value for money with the view you get, plenty of empties all around us most weeks though. Can see why, too, as the one time i considered putting my seat on ticket trader i'd have received £3 :thup:
fredjstanley

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion