Season Ticket Renewals

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby Bubbles Murray on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:44 am

Am I right in thinking that all those who were persuaded to buy extra seats at £99 ( not for children but to be upgraded game by game ) will have to provide proof of age before they can renew those seats?
Bubbles Murray

Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )

Postby MD_HM on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:46 am

Bubbles Murray wrote:Am I right in thinking that all those who were persuaded to buy extra seats at £99 ( not for children but to be upgraded game by game ) will have to provide proof of age before they can renew those seats?

Good shout... that probably free's up 3-5k of tickets

Although they won't have done it before they start the relocation process is my guess
MD_HM

Postby Corney Beal on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:48 am

Those 3- 5 thousand that will be free will be snapped up by some of the 55k on the waiting list no problem :thup:
Corney Beal

Postby Hammers28 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:57 am

Email below sent to the ticket office this morning. Wonder what (pony) explanation will be forthcoming but, needless to say, am not expecting a cheque to drop through the letterbox.

Never mind, it was the most successful migration in the history of the universe. Oh wait.........

"Dear Sir/Madam,

My season ticket is in Block 229, which is designated as Band 4 in the seating plan enclosed with your letter regarding renewals. Can you explain, therefore, why I paid a Band 3 price for this season and am being asked to renew at a Band 3 price?

I assume that I am due a refund of £100 for the current season and that you will also be updating your system to show the correct renewal price of £499 (not £599).

I look forward to hearing from you as a matter of urgency as I cannot make any decision regarding renewal until the error has been rectified."
Hammers28

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 am

Is the TBL still going to be for Gen sale? Or can Season ticket holders relocate?
LincolnshireHammer

Postby Payet and Mash on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Hammers28 wrote:My season ticket is in Block 229, which is designated as Band 4 in the seating plan enclosed with your letter regarding renewals. Can you explain, therefore, why I paid a Band 3 price for this season and am being asked to renew at a Band 3 price?

I'm pretty sure this is an error with the official seating plan Hammers28. Block 243 correctly shows band 3 at the front and block 229 should just be a mirror image of this.

Still, I'd ask West Ham for a £100 refund if I was you too. It's worth a try!
Payet and Mash

Postby wildkard on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:10 pm

Bubbles Murray wrote:Am I right in thinking that all those who were persuaded to buy extra seats at £99 ( not for children but to be upgraded game by game ) will have to provide proof of age before they can renew those seats?

Correct. Probably not that hard to ask a family member to provide ID for your phantom child though, if you don't have a real one. I'm sure this will free up some tickets nevertheless.

As an aside, I don't think anyone was encouraged to upgrade on a per game basis. I think, that as was the case with one of my tickets, that they were encouraged to reserve as a child's ticket then upgrade to a full adult ticket before the season started. I did this as wasn't 100% sure my brother would be in the country for this season (turns out he was, so I upgraded before the first game). They offered this to me as I didn't really want to pay a couple of hundred quid deposit for him when I could just pay 25 or whatever it was.
wildkard

Postby Hammers28 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:14 pm

No doubt that will be the answer but why is nothing ever done properly? I have a nice shiny seating plan produced by the club that says I have a Band 4 ticket and I can't see any "E&O excepted" wording under the plan.
Hammers28

Postby mike1961 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 pm

I just looked up my record on eticketing at it shows my band 2 seat as costing £299 for the current year whereas I'm sure I paid £399 (first year as OAP). What is going on? - probably a cock up but it all looks a bit fishy ...
mike1961

Postby Bubbles Murray on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:31 pm

As an aside, I don't think anyone was encouraged to upgrade on a per game basis

I know my mate Normski was told just that, buy your neighbouring seat for £99 and upgrade it to an adult seat as and when you like. Which is exactly what he did and has done.
Bubbles Murray

Postby Pop Robson on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm

The club will be doing a full audit on reduced price Season Tickets and will require identification from all of those who are over 65, under 21 and under 16 by the middle of July 2017. Further details on this will be made available shortly on whufc.com. Supporters eligible for concessions must be in the required age bracket on Friday 1 September 2017.

So you have to renew first then supply proof, and if not will they keep the money !!!
Pop Robson

Postby wildkard on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 pm

No way they can keep the money if you can't provide evidence. That's ridiculous.
wildkard

Postby brooking_1980 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Gotta love this Board, so you have to pay to renew your Season Ticket, with no guarantee whatsoever you'll be moved. Oh and the sooner you renew the more likely you can move, like it !

I read somewhere, not sure if true, that 2,500 ST have not attended even 1 match. If so, that means many ST have attended just a few matches, that means there's a chunk not likely to renew, so hence the price freeze ?

This mythical 52,000 on the waiting list, on balance of probability I think it is true, but its Members, who likely don't want an ST, but want preferential booking, occasionally, plus all the people who paid their £ 10 to go on the list, but now, seeing what the experience is like have no interest in an ST. So its lies, lies & statsistics.
brooking_1980

Postby Bubbles Murray on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 pm

So you have to renew first then supply proof, and if not will they keep the money !!![/quote]

And that's after some fans were encouraged to buy £99 seats for non-existent children by the Reservation Centre.
Bubbles Murray

Postby Big George on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:09 pm

The proof of age thing is tedious, my boy has been a Junior Hammer (remember them?) since he was born. Have I now got to send his birth certificate in? Nuts
Big George

Postby DD on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm

^^^^

I was told by the ticket office that TBL was available for season tickets next year but same rules apply ie renew and then request a move
DD

Postby Hammers28 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:39 pm

And there you have the response:

"With regards to your email below, none of the price band areas have changed from last year. They are all the same in terms of areas of seats and prices. Rows 31-43 in Block 229 are still band 3 and so £599 is the correct price, the same as it was last year.

This is an error from the producer of the map which we shall inform the media team and ask to be corrected. If you look at the opposite end, Block 243 does show this section as being band 3.

Sorry for any confusion."

So, it is the printer's fault..................
Hammers28

Postby Wembley1966 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:47 pm

^^^ They should just use Payet and Mash's seating plan - it's far more accurate than the one the Club came up with!
https://s20.postimg.org/lai1ndsct/West_Ham_Olympic_Stadium_Seating_Plan_v1_8.jpg
Wembley1966

Postby Payet and Mash on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Hammers28 wrote:"With regards to your email below, none of the price band areas have changed from last year. They are all the same in terms of areas of seats and prices."

Thanks for posting the reply you got from the club Hammers28. Now we know officially that none of the bands have changed, perhaps if the "producer of the map" reads KUMB, they might like to make the following amendments to their plan...

- Band 3 seats at the front of block 229 are missing
- Band 2 seats in half of block 211 are missing
- Band 2 seats at the back of block 211 should be in block 210
- Band 1 seats should only cover half of block 210
- Band 2 seats at the back of block 205/206 are missing
- Half of block 221 should be greyed out for segregation
- Band 5 seats are missing at the back of block 215
- All band 5 seats start from lower down the upper tier (row 56)
Payet and Mash

Postby wildkard on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:27 pm

On you map, how does it work? For example, is 205 the block above or below the number 205 as you look at the plan?
wildkard

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion