Season Ticket Renewals

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby Smudger1 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Any of those who've been offered tickets have funds in club cash? I know we have approx £200 between us.
Smudger1

Postby mywhufc on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Up the Junction wrote:I've been exchanging messages with the club this afternoon. They insist they have not offered any season tickets for sale in the last day or two. Apparently both you and I are "mistaken".

Care to comment?

to quote public enemy
Don’t believe THEIR tripe
mywhufc

Postby wildkard on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Up the Junction wrote:I've been exchanging messages with the club this afternoon. They insist they have not offered any season tickets for sale in the last day or two. Apparently both you and I are "mistaken".

Care to comment?

Maybe I'll wake up from a year long bad dream, just in time to actually start the 2016 season for real. Looking at this thread it looks like I'm not the only one who's mistaken or dreaming either.

I suppose they could've said "nah, only joking" if I had accepted their offer of a ST. So what they told you would be technically correct.

Next time they call (!) I'll get the fella's name. Reasonably sure it was two different people that I spoke to though.
wildkard

Postby wildkard on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Smudger1 wrote:Any of those who've been offered tickets have funds in club cash? I know we have approx £200 between us.

Yeah, I do.
wildkard

Postby Smudger1 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:16 pm

That may well be the answer, they're more interest in getting £000's now than potentially having to in their view to "give away" a full price adult ticket through club cash.

Coming more and more around to Chalks view, we're skint or at the very least have cash flow issues.
Smudger1

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:16 pm

wildkard wrote:Yeah, I do.

Right, we're getting somewhere. Slowly...

My contact at the club says those lasped ST holders with Club Cash in an account are being contacted. But offered MEMBERSHIPS, not SEASON TICKETS.

Clearly this is not the case in your case, wildkard.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby wildkard on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:21 pm

That makes sense. Clear out the club cash with useless and worthless memberships. Sly old buggers.

Not what I was offered, having said that. Hey, maybe they just really like me.
wildkard

Postby RM10 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:04 pm

on my network i can still buy a friends season ticket that he has not renewed.
RM10

Postby Kialos on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:02 pm

So there are discrepancies to what the club are saying publicly and what they are saying to individuals.

Who'd ave thunk it....
Kialos

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:13 am

I have renewed my membership with 3 others , two new members. Question is how many members are there chasing the few thousand tickets after ST and away tickets are taken into account ?

is the ground 60000 now ?

at £40 a go plus £2 fee a nice little earner for them !
hammerman11

Postby wildkard on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 am

The club called me again yesterday evening. This time they were indeed trying to flog a membership. I asked them why they had tried to sell me a ST previously, they said that it was "er... probably a mistake". Like someone else mentioned, I can still see my brother's lapsed ST for sale on the TO website (again, a mistake apparently).

Also, just received an email asking to supply ID for for two kid's STs. It says that they need this by the 28th of July. So I'd advise anyone with kids STs to check their junk mail.
wildkard

Postby Wembley1966 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:22 am

^^^ Does it say that one of the forms of identification needed for under 16s is a driving licence?
Wembley1966

Postby LOS on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:33 am

We've just got the emails about the kids identification. So, no problem, I'll scan their passports and send into the club. But a bloke I work with is not happy about it - because he was made to jump thru hoops at the reservation centre last year in proving his kids ages, yet now the club want him to prove it over again.

What have the club done with the information they got from him for last season ?

Why did he have to prove the ages of his kids at the reservation centre, yet I dont know anyone else forced into that at the time ?

I do hope they're not making it up as they go along :lol:
LOS

Postby sanchoz on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 am

As long as the information provided is handled in line with data protection laws, people proving the ages of their children should not be an issue for all those who bought £99 season tickets. The club however should retain records like in the case of LOS' friend. At my reservation centre appointment two of the guys there bought £99 season tickets for their children (who do exist) and at no stage were they asked for ID or to prove they existed or age. Got the "you can upgrade to an adult season ticket later if you want" though.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby wildkard on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 am

Wembley1966 wrote:^^^ Does it say that one of the forms of identification needed for under 16s is a driving licence?

It does, yeah. Can't you get a provisional when you're 15 now? Could be wrong.
wildkard

Postby wildkard on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:23 am

sanchoz wrote:As long as the information provided is handled in line with data protection laws, people proving the ages of their children should not be an issue for all those who bought £99 season tickets. The club however should retain records like in the case of LOS' friend. At my reservation centre appointment two of the guys there bought £99 season tickets for their children (who do exist) and at no stage were they asked for ID or to prove they existed or age. Got the "you can upgrade to an adult season ticket later if you want" though.

Same happened to me. Bought 2 x STs for my (real) kids, no ID needed. Also bought a kids ST for my 30 year old brother as I wasn't sure he would want it, and was told I could upgrade it to an adult if/when he did.
wildkard

Postby droshky on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:13 pm

I'm happy with my seat in 113 and just wish more of my mates had come down with me, they're up behind in the gods. But today I got my first notice about giving i.d. proof of my great age, and by next Saturday please! Like many people, I'm away with only mobile access till after that date. I've sent them a photo as opposed to scan of driving license, etc. Will that do?
droshky

Postby Andytheammer on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:47 pm

droshky wrote:I'm happy with my seat in 113 and just wish more of my mates had come down with me, they're up behind in the gods. But today I got my first notice about giving i.d. proof of my great age, and by next Saturday please! Like many people, I'm away with only mobile access till after that date. I've sent them a photo as opposed to scan of driving license, etc. Will that do?

Done exactly that for my teenage boys. Accepted no problem
Andytheammer

Postby Kialos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 pm

I've got to provide age ID for one of my STs in the 1966 area, where there are no concessions. Sent it off anyway.

I don't think they really have a proper grip on things. I don't know if it's crap software, not enough staff, not enough staff of the right calibre or what the problem is they don't inspire confidence at the moment.

I don't include the wonderful Sean in any of this.
Kialos

Postby BMLGirl on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:54 pm

wildkard wrote:Also, just received an email asking to supply ID for for two kid's STs. It says that they need this by the 28th of July. So I'd advise anyone with kids STs to check their junk mail.

I just received an email asking for this for my 86 year old father (he is computer illiterate so my email address is his email address). Given he had to give a copy of his birth certificate in 2007 (when he was 74) and has had an ST since then, I don't understand why they are asking for this information again. I won't see him now until 5th August anyway so that is the earliest I can email a copy to them. Wonder what they will do!!
BMLGirl

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion