Season Ticket Renewals

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby DaveRayleigh777 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:27 pm

Up the Junction wrote:.. not much atmosphere in my section as there were always plenty of empty seats (bar the final game of the season). With regards to the view, I couldn't make out who our subs were on the opposite side of the pitch and my (long) eyesight has always been fine.

Hmm that's a shame.
Although regards the subs, I'd rather that than not being able to see who scores at the TB end.
In the BM Upper, unless it was happening down our end, I was pretty much guessing who was who :|
DaveRayleigh777

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:36 pm

I'm fairly sure the atmosphere will be better this year, I should add.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Kialos on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:32 am

I'm in row 23 lower tier block 136 in the 1966 area and I am pleased with my view of the actual pitch but I can't always tell who is warming up either.

The atmosphere is OK when the rest of the ground gets going but it is certainly not the place to be if you want to be in the thick of the action. Can't say I noticed any empty seats around me to be honest.
Kialos

Postby Alfiehammer on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:22 am

I'm hoping I can borrow/ swap some tickets this year and try out some different areas, maybe for cup games. Want to try the lower tiers out, specially in the supposed noisy areas.
Alfiehammer

Postby mushy on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 am

Doc H Ball wrote:
Unlike David Gold, neither of us have ever bunked into a game.

What? You never did the two for a fiver in the old Southbank?
Must have been the only ones that missed out there.
mushy

Postby mushy on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 am

Alfiehammer wrote:I'm hoping I can borrow/ swap some tickets this year and try out some different areas, maybe for cup games. Want to try the lower tiers out, specially in the supposed noisy areas.

Just move during the game, there are always plenty of empties scattered around the place.
mushy

Postby hamstas_paradise on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Alfiehammer wrote:I'm hoping I can borrow/ swap some tickets this year and try out some different areas, maybe for cup games. Want to try the lower tiers out, specially in the supposed noisy areas.

quote="mushy"
Just move during the game, there are always plenty of empties scattered around the place.

Yes, that's a good way to do it. I did that a few times to see what I was missing with the more expensive seats.... it's quite easy to pick out multiple unused seats about 30 mins into the game when everyone is in, but not going for HT beer yet. With block numbers easily visible it's easy to work out where the empties are and move at HT.

Long before the end of the season I concluded that I should stay where I was - Block 229 band 5 overlooking the corner flag. The corners are nearest seats to the pitch, a very good compromise of decent view and low cost. In the end I just moved forward 6 rows to the front of band 5, and consolidated two singles into a pair. Ideally I'd be near the top of the lower tier but for another £210 it didn't seem worth it.
hamstas_paradise

Postby Pop Robson on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Kialos wrote:I'm in row 23 lower tier block 136 in the 1966 area and I am pleased with my view of the actual pitch but I can't always tell who is warming up either.

The atmosphere is OK when the rest of the ground gets going but it is certainly not the place to be if you want to be in the thick of the action. Can't say I noticed any empty seats around me to be honest.

We're in row 20 and have had Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool sitting in and around us, the Spurs mob 5 including the actor Neil Pearson were in the 1966 seats that weren't used again

Hipsters with big beards and popcorn have been witnessed last season
Pop Robson

Postby Kialos on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 pm

I can only say how it is where I am, obviously other people have different experiences, but that is mine.

1966 Seats are in 5 lower and 5 upper blocks so covers quite a wide area so we can only talk around our immediate area
Kialos

Postby DaveRayleigh777 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Well I'm hoping there won't be so many tourists / non WHU with STs this year. After the dire football for much of last season, hopefully they're the 10% who didn't renew.
I'd be gutted if I saw loads of 1966 seats empty this year when there are so many on the 'waiting list'. I hope they do withdraw tickets from people if they're regularly not used.
DaveRayleigh777

Postby Welsh Iron on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Does any know when they're sending out new STs to those that have relocated?
Welsh Iron

Postby DDHammer on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:30 pm

DaveRayleigh777 wrote:I'd be gutted if I saw loads of 1966 seats empty this year when there are so many on the 'waiting list'. I hope they do withdraw tickets from people if they're regularly not used.

Was desperate for a 1966 ST this year, on the waiting list but didn't even get a call, hopefully I'm close enough down the list for next Summer.
DDHammer

Postby Kialos on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Welsh Iron wrote:Does any know when they're sending out new STs to those that have relocated?

As far as I know everyone is getting a new card. No idea when they will be sent out but seeing as first home game isn't until Xmas there is no rush :D
Kialos

Postby mushy on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Yes, new season tickets for everyone, so I was told.
This is to make sure you enter the ground only via your allocated turnstiles and not the free for all it was last year.
mushy

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:00 pm

@WestHamHelp when are the new season tickets being sent out?

West Ham Help‏ @WestHamHelp Jul 26
Season tickets are currently being printed and will be sent out around August.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Blow Bubbles on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 pm

mushy wrote:Yes, new season tickets for everyone, so I was told.
This is to make sure you enter the ground only via your allocated turnstiles and not the free for all it was last year.

:x Ticket office told us we WEREN'T getting new tickets having forgotten to change my old man's delivery address as he has moved over summer!
Blow Bubbles

Postby hammerman11 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:23 am

when are members cards being sent out ? paid a few weeks back for the privilege to apply for tickets .
will the members end still be the TBL? good atmosphere in there for most games. a bit of singing and mostly standing.
hammerman11

Postby Alfiehammer on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:19 am

mushy wrote:Yes, new season tickets for everyone, so I was told.

Sure I'm getting deja vu from last November (ish). The initial ST card I had allowed A,B,C entrance and the second issued one just A (block 203)
Alfiehammer

Postby griff123 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:54 pm

hammerman11 wrote:when are members cards being sent out ? paid a few weeks back for the privilege to apply for tickets .
will the members end still be the TBL? good atmosphere in there for most games. a bit of singing and mostly standing.

There was a members end??
griff123

Postby DDHammer on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:59 pm

hammerman11 wrote:when are members cards being sent out ? paid a few weeks back for the privilege to apply for tickets .

Will probably be late August unless you were already a Claret Member then they'll probably just use the card you already have.

TBL was opened up for STH I believe so members will probably get shafted into the TBU or join the Thomas Cookers in 246.
DDHammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion