Season Ticket Renewals

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby Whitters on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Got mine today - kudos to the UK post office as 'Switzerland' wasn't shown in the address, even though it is correct in my account details. I'd noticed before that the country was hand-written in, so clearly the ticket system can't cope with overseas clients :?

Eastlondonboy wrote:
I think you can only use it in one turnstile now where before you could used it in 2 turnstiles.

Good spot - I'm just turnstile J now, whereas it used to be J or K. Annoying, as K always had the shorter queue.
Whitters

Postby Rocket on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Good spot about the turnstiles. Presumably this an attempt to ease the queues that we always had before kick off. At the world athletics they had ticket checks at the end of the bridges and the exit gates were left wide open. It made entry into the stadium much swifter.
Rocket

Postby clawhammer on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Rocket wrote:Good spot about the turnstiles. Presumably this an attempt to ease the queues that we always had before kick off. At the world athletics they had ticket checks at the end of the bridges and the exit gates were left wide open. It made entry into the stadium much swifter.

Not yesterday! It took far longer that for one of our matches.
clawhammer

Postby Rocket on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Rocket wrote:Good spot about the turnstiles. Presumably this an attempt to ease the queues that we always had before kick off. At the world athletics they had ticket checks at the end of the bridges and the exit gates were left wide open. It made entry into the stadium much swifter.

clawhammer wrote:Not yesterday! It took far longer that for one of our matches.

Interesting, what time did you get there? We went last Monday and if I remember rightly we arrived at about 6:00.
Rocket

Postby clawhammer on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29 pm

We started queuing about 6pm. Took about 20 minutes which is longer than I have had to wait at Gate G.
clawhammer

Postby super slav on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:42 am

Received our tickets this morning. It looks like they have now imposed a 1.25 fee to swap tickets between friends/family. Any ideas whether they will try to prevent people just handing their ticket to someone else?
super slav

Postby gosling67 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:53 am

super slav wrote:Received our tickets this morning. It looks like they have now imposed a 1.25 fee to swap tickets between friends/family. Any ideas whether they will try to prevent people just handing their ticket to someone else?

No-one checked our cards last year when I took a friend instead of my partner. Don't imagine they have enough time/stewards to check names against IDs. Seem to remember someone saying last year that they don't even check if the kids cards are being used by kids.
gosling67

Postby Rocket on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 am

'May I see some ID, please?'

'No, sorry, I don't carry ID.'

There is no legal obligation to do so in this country, so unless it's written in the small print somewhere, there's no way that the stewards can force you to prove that you are who your ticket says you are.
Rocket

Postby wildkard on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:20 am

gosling67 wrote:No-one checked our cards last year when I took a friend instead of my partner. Don't imagine they have enough time/stewards to check names against IDs. Seem to remember someone saying last year that they don't even check if the kids cards are being used by kids.

I've taken a mate on my brother's ticket a few times - no checks. I've upgraded a kids ticket a couple of times - no checks. I have, as an experiment, entered the ground a few times on my son's U16 ticket (while he entered on mine), just to see if anyone checked - no checks, even with stewards standing directly opposite the entrance.

The only times I have been asked to produce my ticket was two or three times when I went up the stairs to my seat. I'd imagine that was due to people from other areas of the ground sneaking in to Band 1 seats. No ID check, just wanted to make sure I was sitting in the correct place. Assume the bloke who pushed past the 17 year old steward whilst holding a beer, telling him "you're not seeing my ****ing ticket, **** off", wasn't sitting in the correct place, so can understand why they were checking.

There is no way the stewards would check cards against IDs, ever. It just won't happen. Unless they introduce random spot checks, but what would be the point in that?
wildkard

Postby LOS on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 am

Liverpool do it, and will confiscate season tickets if the name on the card doesn't correspond with the person carrying it. No idea how they enforce this, its just something I've reading a few times on their whinging forum.
LOS

Postby wildkard on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am

While I don't wish to cast aspersions on our armband wearing cousins, I would imagine that the need for such checks is greater in their neck of the woods. There have been (totally unfounded, of course) rumours of forged tickets and people attempting to get in without tickets for a while now.
wildkard

Postby wizzo_66 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:40 am

If renewals were at record levels, why have we ditched the ballot process for tickets and now hundreds appear to be available for each game?
wizzo_66

Postby Cottee on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:45 am

wizzo_66 wrote:If renewals were at record levels, why have we ditched the ballot process for tickets and now hundreds appear to be available for each game?

I'm guessing it's because they've realised that it's a completely unnecessary operation which causes far too much time and hassle for the poor sods in the ticket office.
Cottee

Postby hammerman11 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 am

the ballot system was last season as we were unsure of actual demand as opposed to the hyped up figures. Now a more realistic approach has been applied.
man city dont have a ballot and you can buy tickets well in advance although you risk the TV moving the games.

spurs at 11am today for us members.

any idea when our great value packs arrive ! £40 to have the right to buy a ticket. no such scheme for city fans !!!! another rip off by GSB
hammerman11

Postby wizzo_66 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:52 am

I was a member for years at the Boleyn before I was old enough to go on my own and get my season ticket.

Now I've chucked it in I cannot see the value of a membership .

There are so many tickets available for every game through ticket trader and directly from fellow supporters.

Where do you make back the £40?
wizzo_66

Postby hammerman11 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:02 am

you dont make back the £40 ! this year you get a west ham branded phone charger thats it.
I think liverpool last season for £30 gave you a quarterly club magazine and a memory stick !

I thought with ticket trader it was for STH and members only ?
hammerman11

Postby Bantastic on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:38 am

wizzo_66 wrote:I was a member for years at the Boleyn before I was old enough to go on my own and get my season ticket.

Now I've chucked it in I cannot see the value of a membership .

There are so many tickets available for every game through ticket trader and directly from fellow supporters.

Where do you make back the £40?

I'd assumed they'd scrapped the real benefits when we left the Boleyn.

The £10 voucher against a the new shirt and a half price match (typically Sunderland on a Tuesday night) made it worth the £20.

Now it's double the price with barely any real benefit. Luckily I managed to get hold of a ST last year so haven't had to waste my money on the membership.
Bantastic

Postby DDHammer on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 am

At least you get £5 off away travel with a membership, Newcastle coach now only a measly £40!
DDHammer

Postby mushy on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Rocket wrote:Good spot about the turnstiles. Presumably this an attempt to ease the queues that we always had before kick off.

It is and has been mentioned several times on this very thread.
My fear is that people will see a smaller queue at say turnstile 'H' and charge over to that one from turnstile G, causing much chaos and thus longer queues when their cards do not let them in.
May take a few games for people to cotton on whats going on here.
mushy

Postby hamstas_paradise on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:23 pm

wildkard wrote:
I've taken a mate on my brother's ticket a few times - no checks. I've upgraded a kids ticket a couple of times - no checks. I have, as an experiment, entered the ground a few times on my son's U16 ticket (while he entered on mine), just to see if anyone checked - no checks, even with stewards standing directly opposite the entrance.

There is no way the stewards would check cards against IDs, ever. It just won't happen. Unless they introduce random spot checks, but what would be the point in that?

Whilst the electronic ticket and card readers in the turnstiles look the same as the ones at the Boleyn, there is a very material difference. At the Boleyn, a concession ticket or card (junior or senior) would light as yellow and the adults as green. Thus the steward just inside could easily visually check the concessions without saying a word or looking at any list. At the LS both light up as green and the stewards can't check. However I'm not encouraging anyone to take advantage of that, it would be theft, I'm just explaining the difference.

Someone else made a point about Ticket Forwarding, and why not physically give the ST card to someone else. Well that makes sense if you are able to hand it over, but with Ticket Forwarding you can let someone else have the seat for next to no cost without handing over the ST card. As long as they are registered on the eTickets site they can get a paper ticket or have the ticket loaded to a membership card, and that game is knocked off the ST holders card. So for example you could let a needy member of this forum who you have never met safely use your seat for one game without handing over your ST card.
hamstas_paradise

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion