Season Ticket Renewals

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby preston on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Has anyone actually managed to do the ticket forwarding! I'm trying to do it for someone for the Huddersfield game, but can't seem to get it to work.
preston

Postby Watford Hammer on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:21 pm

My sons arrived this morning but not mine.
Not sure whether that's down to West Ham or Royal Mail. Will give it a few days before I chase.

Hadn't realised there was no light over the turnstyle to identify child / concessionary tickets. Was always aware of it at the old place and saw tickets checked on more than one occasion. I just assumed that here, as the stewards were not employed by West Ham they couldn't give two hoots.

When one of my boys couldn't make it at late notice last season my missus came along and used his child's ticket and nobody checked.
Watford Hammer

Postby wildkard on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 pm

There's a light above the entrance, on the inside of the ground, that the stewards can see. They don't seem fussed by it though.
wildkard

Postby costa75 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:44 pm

wildkard wrote:There's a light above the entrance, on the inside of the ground, that the stewards can see. They don't seem fussed by it though.

I've seen people being pulled up for it at turnstile A.
costa75

Postby DDHammer on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 pm

preston wrote:Has anyone actually managed to do the ticket forwarding! I'm trying to do it for someone for the Huddersfield game, but can't seem to get it to work.

I sold a ticket on here for the Liverpool game last season, needed the last name and client ref to add them to my network on the eticketing site then was able to forward it on.

If that doesn't work maybe you need to wait until it reaches ticket exchange to be able to forward it.
DDHammer

Postby preston on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:18 pm

^^^
Cheers DD, I hope so mate. Just not getting the option to forward the tickets on. The cynic in me thinks the board would rather go through the ticket exchange as they would make more money out of it! They wouldn't do that surely, would they!
preston

Postby MD_HM on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Is it true they scrapped the free programmes for 1966 seats this season?
MD_HM

Postby Blow Bubbles on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:12 pm

preston wrote:^^^
Cheers DD, I hope so mate. Just not getting the option to forward the tickets on. The cynic in me thinks the board would rather go through the ticket exchange as they would make more money out of it! They wouldn't do that surely, would they!

10 days prior to match day apparently.
Blow Bubbles

Postby Kialos on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:37 pm

MD_HM wrote:Is it true they scrapped the free programmes for 1966 seats this season?

Where did you hear that from?
Kialos

Postby Mega Ron on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Free :D
Mega Ron

Postby Kialos on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Yeah, like I'm going to waste a bank holiday weekend having the equivalent of a time share presentation hoisted upon me regarding sponsoring the ladies team. Obviously not too many takers for their £1500 plus VAT packages

Dear Mug,

As a 1966 season ticket holder we’re delighted to invite you to an exclusive free drinks reception to celebrate the start of the West Ham United Ladies season at the first team Training Ground, Rush Green, on Sunday 27 August.

You’ll be joined by members of the Ladies squad including captain Amy Cooper, and striker Amber Stobbs – who joined us this summer from Women’s Super League side Everton - as well as Chairman David Sullivan and one of our West Ham Utd Ladies Ambassadors, Karren Brady or Michail Antonio.

Drinks will be served with nibbles for you to enjoy, after which the focus will turn to the action on the pitch, with the Ladies taking on their Cardiff City counterparts in the their first FA Women’s Premier League home game of the campaign at 2pm.

To confirm your attendance for you and a plus 1 please click the link below. If however you’re unable to make the event but would like to discuss opportunities to be involved with the ladies team please click here
Kialos

Postby MD_HM on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Kialos wrote:Where did you hear that from?

Saw something on Twitter I think, not sure maybe it wasn't mentioned in renewal documents or something along those lines.... might be BS
MD_HM

Postby Nels on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Hamstas - there are different coloured lights ,green for adult and yellow for concessions showing above each turnstyle on the inside of the ground
Nels

Postby westhamshares on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Ticket forwarding from memory is NOT available until the ticket exchange facility has opened and that only opens when tickets are sold out to claret members and then as someone else posted it is not immediate but only a few days before the game itself and the other person MUST be a claret member and NOT have bought a ticket.

that from memory is how it was explained to me by the TO last season.
westhamshares

Postby Blow Bubbles on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 pm

westhamshares wrote:Ticket forwarding from memory is NOT available until the ticket exchange facility has opened and that only opens when tickets are sold out to claret members and then as someone else posted it is not immediate but only a few days before the game itself and the other person MUST be a claret member and NOT have bought a ticket.

that from memory is how it was explained to me by the TO last season.

You can definitely forward your tickets to another STH in your network.
Blow Bubbles

Postby Wembley1966 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 pm

You can forward your ticket to anyone. If they are not in your network, then by their client reference number and if they are not on the system, then specify their email address and they will be sent details on how to create an account.

For some category A games, the receiving person must have a previous booking history.
Wembley1966

Postby Alfiehammer on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:03 am

wildkard wrote:
The only times I have been asked to produce my ticket was two or three times when I went up the stairs to my seat. I'd imagine that was due to people from other areas of the ground sneaking in to Band 1 seats. No ID check, just wanted to make sure I was sitting in the correct place. Assume the bloke who pushed past the 17 year old steward whilst holding a beer, telling him "you're not seeing my ****ing ticket, **** off", wasn't sitting in the correct place, so can understand why they were checking.

I've had that twice now, I was inside the ground as you said and loaded up with drink s and hotdogs and had to set It all down and get my ticket out. I sit in a band 4 part of the ground, so it not like it was a profit protection exercise in front of the expensive seats....
Last edited by Alfiehammer on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfiehammer

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:35 pm

MD_HM wrote:Is it true they scrapped the free programmes for 1966 seats this season?

No vouchers yet. £66.50 price rise?
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby MD_HM on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Apparently the vouchers just haven't arrived at the club yet... :)
MD_HM

Postby Kialos on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Definitely includes a free programme, the voucher books were sent separately to the ticket last season as well.
Kialos

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion