The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
45%
No
36%
Unsure
19%

Total votes: 401

Chard

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

Post by Chard »

Official site confirming the record 'day one renewals' story. As others have said, nailed on this includes the second year of two year season ticket holders and those desperate to move seats.

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... -first-day" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Plus the Bolyen Bar etc etc having signed up for 3yrs

How many also went for the first come first served away ST, only for the club to change the rules late in the day !!

It used to take until the last day to get 18,000 renewals,
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

More smoke and mirrors then a Siegfried and Roy show.

Still unsure if I will renew as I want to go away games and maintain the priority points I have built up and I will miss the whole experience of going to the pub and the game with my friends. I won't miss the multi purpose athletics stadium if I did not renew.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Just 62 posts so far on this despite 169 votes......... :o
Smudger1
Has liked: 17 likes

Post by Smudger1 »

20% renewals? Hmmm does anyone realistically believe the club took 10.5k calls/clicks yesterday? Maybe 4000 band 5 who signed up for 2 years or X thousand corporates on multi year deals, add in those wanting to keep their AST, those who can't do without their WHU fix but who are desperate to move seats and those who just have to get things done at the earliest opportunity.

Once you figure out how GS&B operate it's not that difficult to read, IMO they aren't telling lies just spinning a tale, they probably have got 10k guaranteed sales for next season but I guess they took 3k genuine renewals yesterday, still a great effort for day one.
LOS

Post by LOS »

Reluctantly Yes. I owe it to the generations of family members before me to continue carrying the batten for my kids. In fact, its is only because of the kids that I'll renew. They must reach adulthood as West Ham fans. I also owe it to myself to at least give it another season, even against the backdrop of not having a single positive thing to say about the new place. The entire day out is a chore, and that ground is an embarressment.

I worry for the future of West Ham (United ?), even more so if hordes of old Upton Park attendees drop off after the first season.

This renewal time feels worlds apart to how lucky I felt to be renewing my standing ticket on the north bank all those years ago. Never thought it would come to this. How to ruin a football club in 7 simple years :x
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Enough of the moaning. It is not as though we have been a team always challenging for honours is it. 37 years since we last won anything. Yes this season has not gone how a few thought it would but we should finish in the top 10 for second year running which is good for us.

so lets support our team,stop moaning and lets see what happens next transfer window and season.
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

Voted yes, but a pretty reluctant yes.

Can't quite bring myself to give up yet. Don't like the new stadium, lost the buzz and don't look forward to going anymore. Used to really look forward to games and now, it almost feels like a chore going. Not helped at all by my intense dislike of our owners.

So next season, I'll be renewing, the one after, I would say is doubtful.
Chard

Post by Chard »

hammerman11 wrote:Enough of the moaning. It is not as though we have been a team always challenging for honours is it. 37 years since we last won anything. Yes this season has not gone how a few thought it would but we should finish in the top 10 for second year running which is good for us.

so lets support our team,stop moaning and lets see what happens next transfer window and season.
It's not about that though is it? I renewed my season ticket at the Boleyn regardless of form or what division we were playing in.

Home games at the OS feel like a chore that I no longer want to put myself through.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I know what you mean as the stewards, westfields, stop/go boards, distance from pitch, poor team etc have made it difficult. However I have found going to the boleyn difficult at times.

Thinga are improving and the non football things can be got around. I have my route to the ground and a decent few pubs.stewards seem better apart from the 114 issue.

The team is west ham mostly a mid table or relegated team as always. Slowly we are changing to a top 10 team at least now. This season is important to get into the top 10.

keep the faith
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

A no from me at the moment.

I've been going for 20 years and I've missed more games this season, than all of the previous seasons put together.

I've enjoyed relegation seasons more than I've enjoyed this season, so for me it's not just about the football, I'm just not enjoying the experience, the view, the atmosphere, the journey, the walk, the cost...it's all crap. Now being strong armed into a renewal on the off chance that I might be able to change my seat is the icing on a pretty shitty cake.

The whole thing has left a sour taste in the mouth and worst of all we let it happen on our watch.

I'll be back when the muppets in charged have moved on :crest:
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

Yes.

But would love to be able to move seat,

Regardless of whether i like the stadium or not my team plays there so i will go.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

The answer will be yes ... but like many if I use it 50% of the time that will be an increase on this season ... I look at it as an investment for our clubs better future ... don't want to be at the back of the queue when this lot park off ...

Funny thing, the season ticket is a 599 one off ... goes on the card hardly notice ... but everytime I go to the game it's another 50 quid cash ... I find myself feeling happier each time I don't go and save the 50 quid ...

Last season at the Boleyn .. 25 games and spent at least 1,250 on top of the season ticket ... this season so far just 9 games so I'm already 800 quid better off .... sure I miss it .... but not as much as I thought I would ...

I'm sure I'll be back, and by giving the trinity my ST money I know I'm just perpetuating the status-quo but forcing myself to give up a ST I've held for 30 years, I'm not there yet ....

NB - I'm not alone in this, I know several old-time regulars who all have season tickets and who will all probably renew, but like me they now only go when it suits ... this is flat out wrong, stops fans who want to go attending and leaves empty seats ... but that's the way of the modern game ... Arsenal regularly have 10,000 no shows ... I bet we're no different ....
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Voted no yesterday but just renewed.

So there you go.
LOS

Post by LOS »

wildkard wrote:Voted no yesterday but just renewed.

So there you go.
Sounds like my wife :lol:
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

Yes, we always said we would give it two years no matter what.

If they can't sort the crowd and transport management out by this time next year, I'll be out
FortuneZ

Post by FortuneZ »

I'll be renewing. My actual seat is decent, block 102, right near the corner flag so it's the area most closest to the pitch. I don't have that much of a gap between stand and pitch. Also next to BML, so atmosphere can be alright.

The match days as a whole however, they are nothing compared to Upton Park. We park over near Victoria Park and walk from that side, just no atmosphere, nothing. Don't see hardly any West Ham fans go this way. Also, no stalls, pin/scarf sellers etc, its just dead. I used to get Goosebumps every time walking from Upton Park underground to the ground. That buzz has gone. On the night games when I come from Stratford station, exactly the same, just feels dead. The walk after the game to the station, takes just as long as it did at Upton Park to be honest. Only benefit is I can get the high speed straight to Ebbsfleet in 10 mins, and I live in Dartford, so works out alright once I am on the thing.

I'll always remember my first game I went to, against Domzale. My block wasn't even ready yet, so I got seats in the upper tier. Me and my mate saw that massive gap between the lower/upper and we automatically presumed that it was just temporary, and the seats we could see below on the track will be lifted into the gaps for when the season starts. We was actually laughing and saying 'Imagine if this gap is actually how it was', looking at all the scaffolding, and seeing the track below... turns out, that is actually how it was. Shocking. It is embarrassing.

The main reason I am renewing is because me and my old man don't get a chance to spend a couple of hours together at all. I work during the day, and he is a black cabbie, and works nights. So I see him for maybe 20 mins when I get in, and he is heading out. So the footy gives us a couple of hours to have a catch up, and have a couple of pints (On the matches he isn't driving of course). I'll be trying to go to as much away games as possible from now on though, for the proper football atmosphere and feeling that I don't get at this soulless bowl.

Only hope we have now is getting rich Dubai owners in, who will invest properly, and actually LISTENS to the fans and take action. Our current owners really don't give a f***, undermine fans at all times. The whole thing is ONE BIG LIE. From promising the local stalls that they can join in with the move, to the seats covering the track. People keep saying, 'oh they saved the club', did they f***!, they just killed it.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

I voted to renew, I did renew yesterday. I preferred the Boleyn, think we all did, but I don't think the stadium is THAT bad, not bad enough to make me want to cancel my season ticket.

Likewise with the owners, they aren't perfect, you can't please and satisfy that many punters with such divergent opinions and keep everyone happy.

There are worse owners and worse grounds out there for sure..

Hopefully first season stadium troubles are behind us....COYIs

(I'm tempted to try 130 out)
Overchuffed
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Overchuffed »

circumstances permitting i intend to renew. surprised they haven't come up with a plan to thwart renewals of kids seats on their own.
HHCD

Post by HHCD »

Re 18% .....My guess all corporate(which I think is near 4k) all band 5....and we will always have a 20-25k hardcore.Many of them will want to move so have renewed to be as near as possible to the front of the queue.
Be a busy 2 week window for T/O during relocation

Still no full explanation on relocation

Say a 1966 S/T wants to move and renews to be on list
And a Band 1 S/T wants to move and renews to be on list

On relocation day they will be offered seats Not renewed...What if they were happy to swap (but don't know each other) ?