The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
45%
No
36%
Unsure
19%

Total votes: 401

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Beefy's mum wrote:20% already renewed on the first day apparently.
Mind if I ask where that number has come from?
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

The same planet as the 50 thousand waiting list i imagine
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Beefy's mum wrote:20% already renewed on the first day apparently.
10,000 already,

2 months and 2 weeks left to deadline day what's the frigging Rush :shock:

AH HA 10,000 want a seat move
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

You can poke your santitised bowl and shopping centre firmly up your rectum
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Everyone i know including 90% of the people on here want a seat move. Basically there just aren't many decent seats out of 60 thousand in that bowl
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

simonirons wrote:You can poke your santitised bowl and shopping centre firmly up your rectum
I've seen more grief in the new ground than the old and haven't been anywhere near the Shopping centre :?
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Any grief in the new place is down to piss poor organisation and a poor stewarding.

our board seem to think a couple of laps of Westfield and a nice meal before KO are the refined experiences all of us 55k a year earners are looking for.

Off topic, anyone know what happened to the guy who pitched up by the cycle school selling beer near pudding mill DLR?
Superslav
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Superslav »

My brother, our mate and I have had season tickets in the BML since 95 and we have no qualms about not renewing. We can tell people that we gave it a try, but it certainly is not West Ham anymore.

I've got nothing new to say that hasn't been said before. I think that passionate WHUFC supporters who were standing on the terraces in the 80s, the BML from 94 onwards and going to away games, were not considered in this migration.

Many of those who sat in the West and East stands at Upton Park might be happy with the migration, but for those who sang and supported the team from the terraces and stood behind the goal when the seats arrived, I think modern football in England will never be the same.

In the next 5-10 years the singing support will be completely replaced by international tourists coming to watch the superstars playing for the big 6. I'd imagine that games against the rest of the clubs in the PL will be quite poorly attended.

If we are to speak about the club in Bradyesque parlance, I'm not sure whether GSB really know what the new West Ham United London brand or 'USP' actually is, and who this new captive 'customer' base might be.
Unless they spend hundreds of millions on our own big superstars, there really isn't a viable and sustainable future customer base for WHULFC in London outside of those elite matches. With the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all decades ahead of us in terms of players, infrastructure and stadia, they are a much more attractive proposition for those tourist fans.

For those loyal, long-time supporters who've attended games through thick and thin, generation after generation, the 'USP' was always the atmosphere, the humour, the family feeling, Upton Park, East London, the crappy stalls and cafes, programme and badge sellers. That's all gone now.

So, for West Ham families to even convince their children and grandchildren to support West Ham and to carry the familial West Ham flag on and on and on, West Ham will have to become something entirely different in this success-driven, superstar-centric Premier League.

There certainly ain't nothing of the real, unique, humorous, down to earth, dodgy, dirty, but beautiful West Ham over at that soulless bowl, and that shamelessly corporate Olympic Park and shopping mall.

I know it's all been said a thousand times before, but the majority of the fans weren't properly consulted about the new stadium when we all had our initial meetings with the terrible computer-generated graphics depicting the seating. We were certainly sold down the river, and now reality has finally dawned on most fans, I hope that they'll vote with their feet and not renew next season.

Gold, Sullivan and Brady really don't deserve to be running this club.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Great post Superslav :thup:
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

Well said Superslav.

I'm renewing through gritted teeth, only because when my kids can't go / don't want to go I take clients and make an occasion of it all. If it wasn't for that, then no.

Regarding why so early for the renewals, who knows. Could it be the board will gauge the mood amongst supporters before committing the summer transfer funds. If we've sold a large amount before the window opens they can play their usual game of doing it on the cheap.
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 179 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

Elvis wrote:As a band 5 season ticket holder, i didn't get much choice!

Paid for 2 years up front, so me and the lad will be there next year at least.
Same as, but I would have renewed anyway. I'd even like to relocate round the side. Took a sneaking peek one afternoon and the view is much better than where we are in block 248 (which I think is still a decent view although the block can be fairly empty most games around where I sit (could be me though :D ) and the atmosphere can be pretty naff even for the bigger games when people turn up!)
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

Wouldn't renew even if it was free.

I'm not setting foot in the Stratford bowl ever again nor am I giving any money to them scumbags in charge.

I'm still always going to be West Ham but will be watching our matches from the pub or a hooky stream from now on. I've really enjoyed the shindigs in the EHWMC over the last couple of months and will probably just stay in there for the game instead of getting the bus to the ground.

It's a shame it's come to this and the end of 14 straight years as a ST holder. I've made friends for life following this football club up and down the country and had many many good days out and made some great memories. My only regret is I didn't give it up at the end of last season and go out on a bang.
HHCD

Post by HHCD »

18% renewal on day one.....All desperate to move
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Going since I was young enough to remember (knocking on 25 years) with ST for almost as long.

Didn't want to move, didn't believe the lies we were told.

Went with the move, see how it goes for the first season. Hoped to be proved wrong.

It's awful, it's not the same, it's made me think about West Ham in a different way.

Not going back and not really bothered.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

HHCD wrote:18% renewal on day one.....All desperate to move
Not sure where the data is coming from HHCD, but I wonder if they include the Corporate clients who are locked in for three years in the "renewal" figure ?

I make you right about people desperate to move though .
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

rottiel wrote:
If I could have an AST only I'd be all over it.
This 100%
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

HHCD wrote:18% renewal on day one.....All desperate to move
Would bet anything that figure includes all the st holders locked in to a two year 'deal'.

I refuse to believe that 1 in 5 renewed on the first day. They will be lucky if 1 in 5 actually renew
Chard

Post by Chard »

It's incredibly sad reading these posts. I feel exactly the same.

I've been going for 25+ years and also had a season ticket for a fair chunk of that time.

I was unsure about the move but optimistic that it would be ok once we settled in. I assumed the conversion would be done to a good standard and I'm embarrassed to say I believed Gold, Sullivan & Brady's bull****.

When I first walked into the stadium against Domzale, I was quite pleased. It looked quite nice. It was a lovely sunny evening, everyone was in a good mood and things seemed positive.

After having a good explore around the stadium, seeing all its faults up close and experiencing the the complete lack of atmosphere, the novelty has worn off very quickly and now I find myself yearning for Upton Park.

Despite having a season ticket, I've been to less than half the games. I just can't be bothered. I don't enjoy it and I prefer to spend Saturday afternoons doing other things with my family. I still try and catch the games on a stream when I don't go, but it's amazing how my passion has gone. A last minute defeat like Saturdays would have crushed me last season but I barely batted an eyelid. In fact I switched over to the rugby and had forgotten it within 5 minutes. Even the 2-3 spurs loss had little effect on my evening.

I will always support West Ham and I will no doubt go to the odd game in future, but the days of never missing a home game and the buzz and excitement I used to feel waking up on a Saturday have gone. I'm Gutted, but quite relieved in a strange way.

Like others have said, I'm glad I gave the new place a try, but it's not for me. :cry:
Last edited by Chard on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Me and the lad were on the waiting list.
Then we went to the stadium.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

chalks wrote:
Would bet anything that figure includes all the st holders locked in to a two year 'deal'.

I refuse to believe that 1 in 5 renewed on the first day.
More sleight of hand and angles from a board that has got used to treating the fanbase as fools. Between Pinky and yourself you've come up with why they can spout this one in five bull**** - the majority who 'renewed' yesterday didn't renew at all - they bought their tickets for next season last summer.

Poll's coming along nicely I see. If it was even close to reflecting reality we'd get rid of these c**** inside
a year. :thup: