Slaven Bilic: stick or twist? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Should West Ham retain the services of Slaven Bilic?

Yes (stick)
81%
No (twist)
11%
Unsure (on fence)
8%

Total votes: 659

hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1773 likes

Re: Slaven Bilic: stick or twist? [POLL]

Post by hammers92 »

Why do people care about staying up and playing in this league? Genuine question. We have nothing to look forward to next year apart from finishing mid table and a load of false promises about how we're going to challenge the big boys

Playing in the PL under these owners is utterly pointless, go down and kick the c***s out
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

hammers92 wrote:Why do people care about staying up and playing in this league? Genuine question. We have nothing to look forward to next year apart from finishing mid table and a load of false promises about how we're going to challenge the big boys

Playing in the PL under these owners is utterly pointless, go down and kick the c***s out
I agree 100 per cent Mr 92.
17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

For me the twisters don't really get what being a West Ham fan is about. Judging by the vocal support in Slavs favour today I'm guessing not many of these twisters were in hull today.

I really can't see many managers out there that would get much out of half those clowns he had to work with today. Yeah he has his faults but plain and simple, the players aren't good enough.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 539 likes
Total likes: 457 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

hammers92 wrote:Why do people care about staying up and playing in this league? Genuine question. We have nothing to look forward to next year apart from finishing mid table and a load of false promises about how we're going to challenge the big boys

Amen, I don't get the big deal with the PL. It's boring on the whole in bigger, worse stadiums. If we stay up, we stay up. But to me finishing 17th is on par with finishing 10th.
TheHandOfDog

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Beavis Danzig wrote:sophies choice if slav is sacked:

we scrape by, have our usual potpourri of transfers, get ourselves in midtable next season and the GSB west ham london project goes on.

we go down, tumble down to league one crushed under debt, the owners sell up to whoever's bidding and after a few years bouncing round the leagues we move into a cosy dedicated football ground no bigger than the boleyn.
Sounds like a plan, where do we sign up?
cannard
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by cannard »

I'm afraid he has to go.

Nice guy or not it's a results business. Whether or not he's lost the dressing room I don't know but he's not getting anything near the best out of his players.

We need 3 or 4 points to scrape over the line. Under Slav I don't know where they're coming from. In fact after the Leicester game would have been the time given the international break.

We are sleepwalking to relegation.
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

Jesus, you'd like it if we went down? Getting relegated is rubbish, all our best players would leave, it's not exciting at all.

I would like Slav to stay until the end of the season and think he'd keep us up, but if he goes, he goes and we might be a better team for it.
Last edited by wigwig on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by The Terminator »

His odds have dropped down to 3-1 with Sky and he's now favourite to be the next manager to leave his job, I've stuck a fiver on, wonder how many others have based on Jinxed's comments?!
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I've been thinking this for some time now. Does it really matter who the opponents are? We almost certainly will have far fewer mercenaries playing for us in a lower league and the youth will get a chance too.

What's not to like?
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

I like slav but what is going on? we cant score, cant dominate midfield cant defend and he insits on playing Randolph rather than drop him and stick Adrian back in for a bit
Diogenes
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Post by Diogenes »

But if we get relegated that only prolongs your agony. They won't go until they believe they have fulfilled their ambition which s built on pride, legacy and vanity.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

So they replace him....what new manager will want to face the prospect of dropping into the fizzy pop...?
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Leicester City is why.

We all dream...
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: I've been thinking this for some time now. Does it really matter who the opponents are? We almost certainly will have far fewer mercenaries playing for us in a lower league and the youth will get a chance too.

What's not to like?
I won't be able to watch every game on TV in the States if we get relegated. :D They don't televise Championship games.

The upside is that I'll have an extra two hours to do stuff on a Saturday
TheHandOfDog

Post by TheHandOfDog »

wigwig wrote:Jesus, you'd like it if we went down? Getting relegated is rubbish, all our best players would leave, it's not exciting at all.

I would like Slav to stay until the end of the season and think he'd keep us up, but if he goes, he goes and we might be a better team for it.
I don't want us to go down, but it wouldn't effect how I support my club. To say the lower league isn't exciting at all is a bit ignorant. I remember us having great, exciting times in the championship. So many fun grounds in the lower leagues, Elland Road, Craven cottage, Fratton park, Loftus Road, Villa Park. So many exciting games.

Losing our best players isn't ideal but we have lost our best player already this season and i do honestly think that we won't be able to hold onto Lanzini if someone big comes in for him. :(
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

I don't care what supposed ITK's have to say, they have there own agenda for wanting Bilic to look like a man of the people and the board to take 100% of the blame. They have the platform to be massive propaganda peddlers.

What I don't see is players on the pitch giving 100% for the manager, i certainly don't see players trying to spite the board and save the job of a man they apparantly want in charge.
OFT
Has liked: 3185 likes
Total likes: 1829 likes

Post by OFT »

Gerblatz wrote:So they replace him....what new manager will want to face the prospect of dropping into the fizzy pop...?
None so expect a 'get out' clause should it happen
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

Do you think Leeds fans have enjoyed relegation? Forest fans? Wednesday?
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

The problem is we conceded a lot last season but are doing it again this season, we can't conceding every bleeding week, we're basically 1-0 down before we play every game as it's guaranteed we will concede
TheHandOfDog

Post by TheHandOfDog »

I think they still get excitement and enjoyment watching their team. There is still some very nice football being played in the lower leagues and there is very, very little of this corporate stadium atmosphere that the premier league offers. I bet if you spoke to some real fans of these clubs, it won't be all bad.