Today's matches w/e 9th April

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Today's matches w/e 9th April

Postby bubbles1966 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:00 am

davids cross wrote:Allardyces West Ham record v Arsenal.

L.. 1-3
L ..5-1
L ..1-3
L...3-1
L...1-2
L ..3-0

Bilic beat all that with one game in charge last season.

Looking at collateral form (especially just one game) in football is a waste of time, means nothing. You can prove anything you want. You are just picking one moment in time. Confirmation bias at it's best.

I should have browsed the thread more thoroughly before commenting, DC. Spot on. :thup:
bubbles1966

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:12 am

screech wrote:the arsenal fan tv with the african bloke last night is something else! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9OIT1UPE0I
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Redkanpps dog on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:36 am

There's a lot of loving for Palace in this thread... They were great last night, but Arsenal were extremely poor.

I still think Palace will go down. Their final games are, Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs, Burnley, City, Hull and United...

Hull have Stoke, Watford, Southampton, Sunderland, Palace and Spurs.

Swansea have Watford, Stoke, United, Everton, Sunderland and West Brom.

I'd say Boro and Sunderland are goners.
Redkanpps dog

Postby e17 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:39 am

Arsenal fan TV is truly the gift that keeps on giving
e17

Postby Nesticles on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:45 am

Redkanpps dog wrote:I still think Palace will go down. Their final games are, Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs, Burnley, City, Hull and United...

I can't see them going down. Especially now with Benteke getting amongst the goals and generally playing well. Doing what he done at Villa, scoring enough to keep them up.
Nesticles

Postby ThreeSixes on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:50 am

Redkanpps dog wrote:
I still think Palace will go down. Their final games are, Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs, Burnley, City, Hull and United...

Hull have Stoke, Watford, Southampton, Sunderland, Palace and Spurs.

Palace are 20/1 to go down if you want to back your judgment with cash
ThreeSixes

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Swansea won't catch Palace

Palace will stay up and unfortunately we will have to put up with the media fawning over Allardyce again, despite the fact he inherited a very strong squad that should never have been in danger of going down
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Redkanpps dog on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 pm

He's recently got in on the goals. Look at the chances he had last night and didn't take them.

At 20/1 i'll put £10 on it.I think Clement is a good manager and will get them out of it. Theirs and Hull's run on paper looks good. Form wise, Hull are 3 wins and 3 losses in 6. Those losses were against City, Everton and Leicester.

If Hull and Swansea win this weekend which is very possible and Palace lose to Leicester which i think is probable, then Hull will be 1pt behind Palace and Swansea 3... Then when you look at the run all 3 teams have, Palace will have it harder to get the points.
Redkanpps dog

Postby Cardiff here we come..... on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Swansea won't catch Palace

Palace will stay up and unfortunately we will have to put up with the media fawning over Allardyce again, despite the fact he inherited a very strong squad that should never have been in danger of going down

So what happened to Sunderland this season?

Moyes, can't buy a win, Rock bottom of the Premiership.

Same side as Allardyce, SFC last season in last 15 matches beat Chelsea, Man United, Everton & drew vs Arsenal & Liverpool....all luck again?

Not saying he's a Klopp or Guardiola league but defo knows how to set up a team, tactically aware & gets his side's in top fitness. You have to acknowledge that?

Either Allardyce is the luckiest c**t in football & just blags it. Or maybe he's a decent Football Manager? :think:

I'd say the latter.
Cardiff here we come.....

Postby Essex bill on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:
Judging a Manager based on one or two matches? Avram Grant once got WHU a 4-0 win vs Man Utd in the Cup ...maybe he should be in the running if Slav leaves in the Summer.

Obviously didn't read the post I quoted then.

Last 2 matches vs Arsenal Played 2 W 0 D 0 L 2 Scored 1 conceded 8

And then you go and judge a Manager based on one or two games. Are you a parody account?
Essex bill

Postby Clucking Bell on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:So what happened to Sunderland this season?

Moyes, can't buy a win, Rock bottom of the Premiership.

You're obviously forgetting we're playing them next. Team in deep ****, check. Can't buy a win, check. Never mind, we've got West Ham next. Three points nailed on.

Also, this isn't exactly a new problem with the Mackems. They've been dodging the relegation bullet for at least the last five seasons and a strategy of trying to be the fourth worst team in the league is unlikely to be a recipe for long term success.
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby Cardiff here we come..... on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Essex bill wrote:
And then you go and judge a Manager based on one or two games. Are you a parody account?

Sorry, I skim read what you said. Apologies.

So you like to base better/worse Managers over a bigger sample size? How about 'Longevity' In the game? Where do you see Bilic in 10 years time? A Premiership Boss? Managing in La Liga? In other words a job for life in football ie Mourinho, Conte, Benitez. Or at lower leagues(eg Zola) or not involved in day to day coaching/managing professional clubs? eg Roeder, Curbs. At a guess?

I know you like to judge a Manager over a period of games or seasons? Correct? As we will not play Astra ever again, can we judge Bilic over 360 minutes of football vs Astra Giurgiu. Is not beating these once in 90 minutes acceptable to you?

I know short term but conceding 13 vs Man City this season, 6 vs West Brom, 5 vs Watford & scrapping 1-0 wins vs Hull, Swansea, Burnley......its still 'chill time', 'Just a Blip'. Aston Villa fans convinced themselves for a couple of seasons it was all 'bad luck' 'Football Gods are against us'. We have been absolutely shocking for 90% of this season.

Please God we stay up but you know what position we deserve this season? 17th . We have been just slightly better than Sunderland, Boro, & Swansea. As a 'team'. Our individual players, having better quality hopefully will get us over the line. Where the **** would l we be without Antonio & Lanzini this season? More likely sitting where Sunderland are.

So what gives you the confidence that us 'knicker wetters' are just overreacting & Bilic has got this fully under control?
Cardiff here we come.....

Postby D C on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:21 pm

CL tonight

I think Juventus will win tonight, probably a better balanced team than Barcelona nowadays especially without Busquets.

Dortmund v Monaco could be a goal fest. Impossible to call really, both capable of being great or falling apart.
D C

Postby 61dicksey on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:11 pm

e17 wrote:Arsenal fan TV is truly the gift that keeps on giving

Need a translator for most of it
61dicksey

Postby Puff Daddy on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:16 pm

I fancy Juve too and take them over the two legs. Barca have an awesome front 3, but think think this will negated by Juve's back 3 and with Buffon behind them, they've been there, done it on the world stage so many times. I think Juve will take a 2 goal lead to Barcelona and then lock them out at the Camp Nou
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Essex bill on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Sorry, I skim read what you said. Apologies.

So you like to base better/worse Managers over a bigger sample size? How about 'Longevity' In the game? Where do you see Bilic in 10 years time? A Premiership Boss? Managing in La Liga? In other words a job for life in football ie Mourinho, Conte, Benitez. Or at lower leagues(eg Zola) or not involved in day to day coaching/managing professional clubs? eg Roeder, Curbs. At a guess?

I know you like to judge a Manager over a period of games or seasons? Correct? As we will not play Astra ever again, can we judge Bilic over 360 minutes of football vs Astra Giurgiu. Is not beating these once in 90 minutes acceptable to you?

I know short term but conceding 13 vs Man City this season, 6 vs West Brom, 5 vs Watford & scrapping 1-0 wins vs Hull, Swansea, Burnley......its still 'chill time', 'Just a Blip'. Aston Villa fans convinced themselves for a couple of seasons it was all 'bad luck' 'Football Gods are against us'. We have been absolutely shocking for 90% of this season.

Please God we stay up but you know what position we deserve this season? 17th . We have been just slightly better than Sunderland, Boro, & Swansea. As a 'team'. Our individual players, having better quality hopefully will get us over the line. Where the **** would l we be without Antonio & Lanzini this season? More likely sitting where Sunderland are.

So what gives you the confidence that us 'knicker wetters' are just overreacting & Bilic has got this fully under control?

We've had a pretty terrible season, I don't think anybody can deny that. Lots of factors as to why that is which we all know and has been done to death. Is Slaven to blame? Sure, he has to take his fair share of the stick. And no, not beating Astra ****ing Georgiu or whatever they are called is not acceptable, Slav made a big cock up there both times. I think he took them lightly and it bit us all on the arse.

Personally I would like to see Slav see out his contract at least so he should be given next year. One great year and one **** year so far. It hasn't been a disaster, we'll stay up now after Saturday however unconvincing we have seemed at times.

FWIW I never called you a knicker wetter either, I ****ing detest that term.
Essex bill

Postby DDHammer on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Dortmund game could be off, apparantly an explosion near the team bus and Bartra injured and taken to hospital :shock:
DDHammer

Postby Puff Daddy on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Juve 1up
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby fmgod on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Dybala unreal player, the amount of forwards Argentina have is unreal Messi, Icardi, Higauin, Messi, Aguero, Vietto, Gomez,
fmgod

Postby the pink palermo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Brilliant save by Buffon

And Juve go 2 up moments later
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion