Dortmund explosion (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Dortmund explosion (non WHU)

Postby brooking_1980 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:56 am

I see the Dortmund fans pulled together and using #BedsForMonacoFans they managed to put Monaco fans up in normal houses for the night, so they could stay and watch their Team play the next day.

I like that.
brooking_1980

Postby Nesticles on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:57 am

brooking_1980 wrote:I see the Dortmund fans pulled together and using #BedsForMonacoFans they managed to put Monaco fans up in normal houses for the night, so they could stay and watch their Team play the next day.

I like that.

Saw this, brilliant stuff. Both groups of fans having meals and drinks together :thup:
Nesticles

Postby ThreeSixes on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 am

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
ThreeSixes

Postby James P on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:58 am

sanchoz wrote:The game is going ahead tonight but think its a little bit too early to play the game and can't expect the Dortmund players to be in a state of mind where they can focus on the match fully, rather then the events of yesterday evening.

Second leg is next Wednesday. If they don't play it tonight when can they?
James P

Postby sanchoz on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:11 am

Shift it to another midweek and play it on it own rather then part of a double header. Just checked and Dortmund are scheduled to play Eintract Frankfurt on Saturday but no word if the Bundesliga will look to move that game or keep as is.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Mattias on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:26 pm

sanchoz wrote:Shift it to another midweek and play it on it own rather then part of a double header. Just checked and Dortmund are scheduled to play Eintract Frankfurt on Saturday but no word if the Bundesliga will look to move that game or keep as is.

Im a Frankfurt fan and will travel to Dortmund on Sat. There´s is no discussion of moving the game yet.
Mattias

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:28 pm

The game is being played tonight .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby fmgod on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:31 pm

They've confirmed the explosions contained nails/metal, so looks like a lucky escape
fmgod

Postby fmgod on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:14 pm

BREAKING NEWS: 'Islamist' suspect is arrested over Borussia Dortmund coach bombing after police find THREE letters claiming attack was carried out in the name of Islam
fmgod

Postby Puff Daddy on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Well, they're imploding tonight, 2-0 down
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby peter49uk on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:34 pm

Just noticed it's been on live bt freeview
peter49uk

Postby Up the Junction on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Ended 3-2 to Monaco.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Macca1973 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:42 pm

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Macca1973

Postby Claret & Blue World on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:06 am

Not sure what is more disgraceful

the fact they were made to play just 24hrs after this event or that some UEFA jobsworth advised them to VIA TEXT MSG from his office in Switzerland.

Bravo....
Claret & Blue World

Postby sanchoz on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:29 am

Borussia Dortmund: Thomas Tuchel says club 'ignored' over Monaco tie

Borussia Dortmund felt "completely ignored" over the rescheduling of their Champions League game against Monaco, says manager Thomas Tuchel.

Dortmund lost 3-2 in the first leg of the quarter-final on Wednesday, less than 24 hours after an attack on their bus caused the match to be postponed.

"We were told by text message that Uefa was making this decision," said Tuchel.

"A decision made in Switzerland that concerns us directly. We will not forget it, it is a very bad feeling."

Following Tuchel's comments, Uefa released a statement saying the decision to play the match at 17:45 BST on Wednesday was made in "complete agreement with clubs and authorities".

European football's governing body added: "We were in touch with all parties today and never received any information which suggested that any of the teams did not want to play."

Three explosions hit Dortmund's team bus as they travelled to their Westfalenstadion home on Tuesday, with the match rescheduled later that evening.

"Of course we have to keep it going, but we still want to be competitive," added Tuchel. "We do not want to use the situation as an excuse.

"We wished we would have had more time to deal with what happened, but someone in Switzerland decided we must play."

Spain defender Marc Bartra suffered a broken wrist and has subsequently had surgery, but no other players were hurt.

"Every player has the right to deal with it in his way. The team did not feel in the mood, in which you must be for such a game," said Tuchel.

"We let the players choose if they wanted to play. But this morning, we found that the training had done good, that it had made us think of something else."

German police have described it as a targeted attack and detained a suspect with "Islamist" links.

"We were attacked as men and we tried to solve the problem on the ground," said Tuchel, who has been in charge of the Bundesliga side since 2015.

"Everyone has their own way of reacting to events. The players had the choice not to play, but no-one chose this option."

Dortmund were 2-0 and 3-1 down to French side Monaco, for whom 18-year-old forward Kylian Mbappe scored twice.

"The team has shown an incredible character," added Tuchel. "We have won the second half, the spirit in the second half was great."

Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim had some sympathy with Tuchel's view, but said the packed fixture calendar contributed to the hasty rescheduling.

"Maybe it should not be played today, but the calendar gave few options to be able to play the match," he said.

"We produced a good result but it's only half-time of the quarter-final."

'I will never forget those faces'

Turkey midfielder Nuri Sahin came on as a second-half substitute for Dortmund.

"It is hard to talk about it and hard to find the right words," he said. "Last evening we felt how it is to be in this situation. I don't wish a feeling like this on anyone.

"I didn't realise what happened and when I got home my wife and son were waiting in front of the door. I felt how lucky we were."

The 28-year-old, who has previously had a loan spell with Liverpool, added: "I know football is very important. We love football, we suffer with football and I know we earn a lot of money and have a privileged life - but we are human beings, there is so much more than football in this world.

"When I was on the bus last night, I can't forget the faces, I will never forget those faces. I was sitting next to Marcel Schmelzer and I will never forget his face. It was unbelievable."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39582284
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Hammer.CA on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 pm

UEFA showing once again that RESPECT is just a marketing slogan.
Hammer.CA

Postby Carlton'sGoal on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Ridiculous decision by UEFA. In a world where any game can be moved around to accommodate Sky wanting a game on TV, I'm sure there was an alternative to hastily arranging it for last night.
Carlton'sGoal

Postby Happyhammer52 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:43 pm

There was an interview with player Nuri Sahin, and the boy didn't look with it at all. Incredible that they played the game.
Happyhammer52

Postby likemydreams on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:51 pm

crazy how this isnt getting anywhere near the publicity the man utd coach got last season :eh:
likemydreams

Postby Hammer.CA on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:57 pm

likemydreams wrote:crazy how this isnt getting anywhere near the publicity the man utd coach got last season :eh:

This.
Hammer.CA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion