Meeting with the Vice Chair

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Up the Junction on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:05 pm

The fans group who attended a meeting at the OS with Karren Brady back in January have been invited to return next week, as promised.

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=3886

As I'll be there, please let me know if there are any pressing matters which you would like me to raise.
User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
 
Posts: 47913
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:03 am

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby sanchoz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Is the meeting UtJ to discuss updates since your last meeting or are you able to raise new points and ask other questions?
User avatar
sanchoz
 
Posts: 9801
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 am
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby HammerMan2004 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:18 pm

To use the main points, I'd like to know the following:

1. Surround the local area with fromer Boleyn Ground vendors

How's this working out for them?

2. Make a concerted effort to entice former Boleyn Ground stewards to return

How many actually came back?

3. Replace the temporary seating with retractable seating

No change, obviously.

4. Rehouse the Supporters' Club

How's this working out for them?

5. Rehouse the day trippers and occasional fans

What are the plans for doing this? Are we moving them to up behind the big screens?

6. Put the home fans first!

Haven't really noticed any change for this.

7. Provide recognisable singing and family enclosures

Can we actually identify a singing area? This whole "family friendly stadium" has diluted the match day experience.

8. Provide an increase in the number of shuttle buses

Has this changed?

9. Employ additional Supporter Liaison Officers

We did this.

10. Treat the fans with respect and engage with us

Haha. :lol:

In all seriousness, what's changing about all the grey concrete? The big plans for flags gave us about 10 dotted around. Are we ever going to see anything West Ham related on the walk to the ground? Spurs get to do it at Wembley and turn Wembley Way into Spurs stuff all over the place.
User avatar
HammerMan2004
 
Posts: 18144
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:01 pm
Location: I have no idea.

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby griff123 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Up the Junction wrote:The fans group who attended a meeting at the OS with Karren Brady back in January have been invited to return next week, as promised.

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=3886

As I'll be there, please let me know if there are any pressing matters which you would like me to raise.


1) Moving season ticket holders, have they got a plan or are they going to make it up as they go along come June like most of the things they do? i.e. the e-credits

2) The rumours around Chelsea ground sharing, scale of 1-10 likelihood of this happening? iv heard recently from a friend of a friend (yes i know, i know, its like Chinese whispers) who works at the club that contracts have been signed.....if it is going to happen, are we getting a discount on our rent, and how are the club going to deal with them ground sharing bearing in mind we hate each other & our 'branding' is everywhere in the ground.
User avatar
griff123
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 11:02 am
Location: E1

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Row X on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Can we get the concourse TV's to show the game again.... was a stupid idea to switch them off in the first place.

All switching them off has done, is create a massive scrum around the large bar below the jumbo-trons. Also, people necking pints in 5 minutes to get back to their seats has to have a far worse affect, than allowing people to have a bit longer to sup their beer and still be able to see the game.

Every other ground that we go to has TV's on the concourse showing the game.
Row X
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:32 pm
Location: BML

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby WoodfordJnr on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Row X wrote:Can we get the concourse TV's to show the game again.... was a stupid idea to switch them off in the first place.

All switching them off has done, is create a massive scrum around the large bar below the jumbo-trons. Also, people necking pints in 5 minutes to get back to their seats has to have a far worse affect, than allowing people to have a bit longer to sup their beer and still be able to see the game.

Every other ground that we go to has TV's on the concourse showing the game.


in Block 212 there are no tvs whatsoever apart from the ones showing whats at the bar.
User avatar
WoodfordJnr
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby steps on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:02 pm

What funds will be available to the manager in the summer?

Will we be solidly investing in a striker / right back / goalkeeper and not just fudging over these issue positions with free transfers and loans?

Does DS and DG seriously have the financial clout to compete with the teams hovering just below the top 5 and will we look to sort outside investment if not? Because we need to.
User avatar
steps
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 am
Location: formally giantsteps

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby MD_HM on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Row X wrote:Can we get the concourse TV's to show the game again.... was a stupid idea to switch them off in the first place.

All switching them off has done, is create a massive scrum around the large bar below the jumbo-trons. Also, people necking pints in 5 minutes to get back to their seats has to have a far worse affect, than allowing people to have a bit longer to sup their beer and still be able to see the game.

Every other ground that we go to has TV's on the concourse showing the game.


While they are at it... can they sign up to BT sports :lol:

Don't seem to show the early kick off game anymore either

Clueless... the lot of them
User avatar
MD_HM
 
Posts: 5482
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: London

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Up the Junction on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Row X wrote:Can we get the concourse TV's to show the game again.... was a stupid idea to switch them off in the first place.

That was down to a member of the SAB, who specifically requested it. I couldn't understand it either.
User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
 
Posts: 47913
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:03 am

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby steps on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:08 pm

*add playmaker to my list to replace Dimitri Payet.

EDIT: ok, the meeting is mainly about the LS but I'm sure you can shoehorn some questions about the team in.
User avatar
steps
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 am
Location: formally giantsteps

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Iron George on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 pm

What's the real reason Adrian has been banished?
Iron George
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Row X on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Up the Junction wrote:That was down to a member of the SAB, who specifically requested it. I couldn't understand it either.


One person??? Is that the only thing the SAB have managed to do? Switch off the screens... well worth attending those meetings then :lol:
Row X
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:32 pm
Location: BML

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby fjthegrey on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:17 pm

What a bizarre request to make and subsequently be acted on.
User avatar
fjthegrey
 
Posts: 17200
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: What Cheese May Come?

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Up the Junction on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 pm

If you want to be critical of the Board, there are plenty of existing threads where you may do that. Hence I'll continue to remove any off-topic posts from this one. Questions/related comments only here, please.

sanchoz wrote:Is the meeting UtJ to discuss updates since your last meeting or are you able to raise new points and ask other questions?

I expect our VC will take any (sensible) questions, as before.
User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
 
Posts: 47913
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:03 am

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Does she believe the club creates a world class performance environment in which the playing staff can fulfil their potential ?

Does she believe the move to the new stadium has had an adverse affect on the players and coaching staff ?

Does she believe the club employees a sufficient number of high calibre staff to execute all duties and strategies to the required standard ?

What would she change , if she could, with regards the contract with LS185 and or E20 ?

Why is there still no draught lager in the lounges ?

Does she consider the food offering in the lounges to be on a par with other clubs within our peer group ?

If she was pricing the Corporate offers now to entice supporters to sign up again how much higher would she set the prices or would they be discounted ?

Does she accept that the Cup game prices in the corporate areas were absurdly over priced ? If not , what % of Corporate customers bought a seat for each cup game ?

What plans do the club have to develop the training facilities at Rush Green to create a better working environment for the players .
User avatar
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
 
Posts: 35573
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Whining is what we are here for

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby spod on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:35 pm

For me, it's all about the retractable seating. Do they have any idea how much it would cost to put fans right up to the touchline like at the Boleyn? I'd put up with a zero transfer budget if they spent the money on that instead.
User avatar
spod
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:28 am
Location: London

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby HighWycombeHammer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:40 pm

1. Another person here that wants the TV on with BT Sports or Skysports.

Why did that one person not want them on?

2. When buying beers from the pop up bars inside - could they not have some working with them to pour the beers to reduce the queues.

3. Can there be a fan park similar to Sunderland and West Brom on the big flat space by the stadium.
HighWycombeHammer
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:37 pm
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Mega Ron on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Does the club have any regrets with regards the negotiations, and associated conversations, over our role in the running of the stadium?

Do they still deem it the correct decision to reject the club holding more responsibility?

If so. Is this purely based on up front costs and the possibility of making losses in the future if sponsorship deals failed to materialise?
User avatar
Mega Ron
 
Posts: 6612
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: 2014 KUMBowl Champion

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby sussexhammer74 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:46 pm

What advantages does it give West Ham United of having board members and family members with several social media accounts over other clubs?
User avatar
sussexhammer74
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby sanchoz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks UtJ.

Does Karren feel there is anything left for her to personally achieve to West Ham United?

Does Karren support full disclosure of all SAG (Safety Advisory Group) meeting minutes for the London Stadium (along the lines of Hammersmith & Fulhams full disclosure of all QPR, Chelsea and Fulham FC SAG minutes)?

Why does the club keep taking loans from companies against future Premier League TV rights to be repaid once the football season is over? One of those loans being from a British Virgin Islands company.

Does Karren support the existence of WHUISA and will she endeavor to engage with WHUISA on a constructive basis going forwards?

In light of the majority owners comments regarding the stadium move only being worth roughly £10m - £12m per year for WHUFC, does she feel the move has been worth it?

Why does the majority owner insist on being a director of football and why can't the club hire a dedicated director of football?

Where is the designated family stand as per the premier league handbook section R7?
User avatar
sanchoz
 
Posts: 9801
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 am
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: @dave_boy, Big George, CapeTony, chalks, Crackity Jones, Estuary, europeanscum, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], HammerMan2004, Jeffcoate321, Julien Snow Bear, Kettle, Macca1973, markmc, mbuzi, mrichbell, NottingHammer6, pezza20, screech, sharphammer, si_preston_hammer, Smudger1, Spanner25, sutts07, The Big Show, The Old Man of Storr, thebassmonkey, thejackhammer, Toulouse_Iron, Udonhammer, upton o'good, WCpete, westhamflan, Yahoo [Bot], YorksHammer and 146 guests