Meeting with the Vice Chair

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Colours never run on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:49 pm

griff123 wrote:
2) The rumours around Chelsea ground sharing, scale of 1-10 likelihood of this happening? iv heard recently from a friend of a friend (yes i know, i know, its like Chinese whispers) who works at the club that contracts have been signed.....if it is going to happen, are we getting a discount on our rent, and how are the club going to deal with them ground sharing bearing in mind we hate each other & our 'branding' is everywhere in the ground.




This point definitely needs raising.

Over our dead bodies should we be ground sharing for them, even if it means missing out on a few bob. Let Chelsea sweat it out looking to ground share somewhere else but we shouldn't be one of them. I want her/them to categorically rule it out once and for all.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 8281
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Beavis Danzig on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 pm

spod wrote:For me, it's all about the retractable seating. Do they have any idea how much it would cost to put fans right up to the touchline like at the Boleyn? I'd put up with a zero transfer budget if they spent the money on that instead.


someone asked this before and she morealess went "nah mate, live with it yeah?" and everyone nodded their heads and went on to talk about beer shelves and other pressing matters.
User avatar
Beavis Danzig
 
Posts: 3445
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:12 pm
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Colours never run on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:53 pm

spod wrote:For me, it's all about the retractable seating. Do they have any idea how much it would cost to put fans right up to the touchline like at the Boleyn? I'd put up with a zero transfer budget if they spent the money on that instead.




This drum needs beating some more to put pressure on them. Ask the question about the possibility of digging down and getting confirmation one way or another by those who know what they're talking about. I went in depth recently on another thread regarding this issue. If money was the real issue, then I want us to explore the possibility.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 8281
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby tizzwoz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:54 pm

There are currently on-going auctions on the whufc.com website. They are auctioning off player shirts and memorabilia from this season. Id like to know what charity proceeds are going to... And if not to charity, why?
tizzwoz
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby hammers92 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Re the Chelsea ground sharing. I've heard from the other side that this is definitely happening. And this has come from a club employee at Chelsea.
User avatar
hammers92
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Westbourne Bill on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Another here who no longer drinks in the ground because they no longer show the early kick
off on the TVs. As if there aren't enough reasons to regret the move. This one is probably the most solvable.
User avatar
Westbourne Bill
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:49 pm
Location: W Sussex

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby arlhe on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Singing areas and plans for reseating STHs who request it when renewing.

Isn't the ground share with CFC down to the stadium operators? We just get a reduced rent? Don't think we can veto it?
User avatar
arlhe
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: Basildon

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby danm79 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Are decisions like AST renewals and club cash even discussed within the club or does KB just decide how she can upset us best?

Where are the profits from the Auction site going?

Why can we not park in the huge empty car park at the LS when visiting the club shop on non matchdays?
danm79
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Hammer.CA on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Why do the club/board have to wait until there is an outcry to their latest non 'customer' friendly scheme, e g time limit on spending non interest paying cash credits, to withdraw the idea or are they just testing the water to see how much they can get away with?
Hammer.CA
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Diogenes on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:42 pm

With respect UtJ, how are you going to cut these questions down and prioritise the most important to raise?

There are some very good questions on here however, there are many just making a point and others that people already know what the answer may be (knowing the individual concerned) or are not within her remit and therefore pointless.

Also will you be having a pre-meeting with other attendees to co-ordinate 'questions' and elicit support?
User avatar
Diogenes
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Nesticles on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Boss

Could you ask her when this feature is going to be installed for the seating? https://twitter.com/WHUFC_News/status/8 ... 0031896577

Thanks
User avatar
Nesticles
 
Posts: 4095
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 am

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Ozza on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Is she concerned about this seasons negative press (which continues to this day) and how this impacts the brand in regards to investment and season ticket sales?

What is the plan as if rumoured season ticket sales are considerably less than 30k with no uplift in sales from the waiting list, in regards to our tenancy, operating costs and public / brand image?
User avatar
Ozza
 
Posts: 12659
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Stringfellows

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby ukchrish on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Capacity - when is it going to increase. If it isn't happening can we shift everyone forward to at least have the gaps at the back of the stand rather than big areas of empty white seats.

E-Credits (I may be out of the loop on this so apologies if thats the case). I can't get to away games, we barely last a round in the cups and I'd already paid for 2 years season tickets (mug!) so the E-Credits aren't a lot of use to me and as a result don't bother listing my seats if they ever come up (usually my kid's seat). Why can't we use the club cash in the club shop?
User avatar
ukchrish
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bedford

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Watford Hammer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Re-iterating earlier posters point - what are the plans for moving people that want to upgrade next season?
I am very concerned at the number of empty seats which I believe are £99 kids seats. They are used as a retainer and upgraded (if they even bother) to adults when needed - the stewards don't check on entry, why should they?
These £99 season tickets will be renewed meaning there will be little opportunity to move.
User avatar
Watford Hammer
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:58 pm
Location: What it says on the tin

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby brooking_1980 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Definitely would like to have clarity on the 10-point plan, are they on-board to deliver it, or are they playing lip service to keep us sweet up to renewal date ?

Also, some honesty and clarity about the seating ? And whatever reasons are provided, they are minuted, so its not this "she morealess went "nah mate, live with it yeah?"

On many topics we know the answer, computer says No.
User avatar
brooking_1980
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:04 am

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Boom Kid on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 pm

The Chelsea ground share should not be a surprise - us and them have been big pals for a very long time - remember they bailed us out when our team that was too good to go down, went down - Di Canio, Cole etc.
Boom Kid
 
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:30 am
Location: Bridego Bridge

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby 1mcavennie on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:39 pm

2 questions:

1. We know the Boleyn Ground was sold for just £38m and that £21m was spent moving in to the London Stadium - but part of the arrangement was that the bank loans on the Boleyn had to be paid off - what amount of loans had to be paid off, I.e. What was the net cost of leaving our football stadium to move to your athletics arena?

2. Can the vice chair justify her £900k salary, as reported in the last accounts, for working part time at the club when there doesn't appear to be any significant commercial benefits achieved from moving to the London Stadium?
1mcavennie
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby FortuneZ on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:39 pm

In the last meeting, she said the sides to put drinks on within the concourse will be done immediately... I have seen one put up personally. They need to be put up at the bar under the massive screen. BML
User avatar
FortuneZ
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Pahina on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 pm

Be great to know....
- Where is the family area, why is/was it not publicised clearly if it exits, how can you move seat there?
- Why not have an online kids upgrade button (as well as a fairer trade-in price)? I imagine a lot of people just can't be bothered to phone which equals empty seats.
- Why not try to generate atmosphere with better pre-game and half time entertainment? I am sure a few Leicester style freebies would also cheer people up, I remember the thrill of a free wallet sized fixture list at the Boleyn first games! A real concerted effort à la Boleyn last season to have interviews, err I was gonna say singers but one pound one fish still haunts me, either way just make an effort for the first ever season please!
- Finally please appreciate that you have the best fans in the world...don't take them forgranted. The owners are proud of their background but I feel a 'them and us' vibe in the forum a lot, perhaps the owners should remember what they used to love as kids about the Boleyn rather than try to push through a new brand of corporate football experience and supporters.
Sorry got a bit carried away at the end, hope it goes well.
Pahina
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Pop Robson on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Whatever happen to super fast wifi ?
User avatar
Pop Robson
 
Posts: 15416
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beavis Danzig, Centre Half, claretandblue82, cthammer, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hindley Hammer, Jim Hepting, Modern, stouffer, thejackhammer, Westbourne Bill, Yahoo [Bot] and 75 guests