Meeting with the Vice Chair

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Billydinho on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Why do the board deem it appropriate to undermine the manager in the press by releasing stories about other managers?

Why do the board insist on making up rumours about superstar players we have no chance on signing in order to improve ever ailing ticket sales?
Billydinho

Postby mushy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 pm

Pahina wrote:
I am sure a few Leicester style freebies would also cheer people up,.

Happy clappers?

Do me a favour.
mushy

Postby Pahina on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Was thinking more free beer than Pards bugle and happy clappers
Pahina

Postby Ben on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Colours never run wrote:This drum needs beating some more to put pressure on them. Ask the question about the possibility of digging down and getting confirmation one way or another by those who know what they're talking about. I went in depth recently on another thread regarding this issue. If money was the real issue, then I want us to explore the possibility.

This is our biggest problem but we know we can't dig down because of the contaminated soil and more of a problem is how you will get it back in athletics mode every year?
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby MrHammer73 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 pm

An honest answer as to why the pitch is so far from the stands when it was sold to us that it would not be that far?
MrHammer73

Postby sjb958 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 am

Does she regret her utter stupidity in posting a photo of Arsenal's corporate deserts on Twitter directly before a game we were most likely to lose (and lose heavily)?
sjb958

Postby Colours never run on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:20 am

Ben wrote:This is our biggest problem but we know we can't dig down because of the contaminated soil and more of a problem is how you will get it back in athletics mode every year?

Thats just it, we don't know. No professional in the engineering game regarding the project has categorically ruled it out or if they have its not been seen by me. I'm sure the Club would love to hide behind it if it means avoiding having to cough up to get it done but I want it confirmed by someone who actually knows what there talking about whether it's possible or not. And Karren Brady verifying it doesn't count, she would have to provide the name of someone who would 100% vouch for it being impossible to dig down enough to get the lower tiers closer to pitchside.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Polaroid on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 am

Rather than ask her a question could you discreetly pass her a business card of a reliable taxi firm whilst giving her a "knowing" (but in no way threatening) look?
Polaroid

Postby Colours never run on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 am

Instead of just a knowing look, feel free to say whilst handing her a taxi number, "Be in no doubt, you've been part of the most unsuccessful Stadium migration in history".
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Captain Slaphead on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 am

1. Ignoring those on extended-deals, how many STH have actually renewed for 2017-18 ?

2. Of those, what percentage have requested a re-location ?

3. (Expecting the answer to Q2 to be > 50%) How does this square with the "most successful migration in the history of the universe"?
Captain Slaphead

Postby Red Kens Slave on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:27 am

Given Jack Sullivan recently donated his fee for writing a column in the Sun to DT38, can you disclose what percentage of your fee you donate for your own Sun column?

If unable or unwilling to disclose this, is it your personal view that it is ethical or morally acceptable for club employees to personally profit from disclosing internal club affairs to a national tabloid?
Red Kens Slave

Postby bobo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:34 am

Is there anyway the cheap green felt around the pitch could be upgraded next season?? Why can it not be the AstroTurf all the way around like it is from the tunnel to the pitch.

It's embarrassing and looks cheap to think we have this new stadium with cheap green garden felt around the edge!
bobo

Postby Barnet Steve on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 am

Maybe ask her something about the communication strategy of the club?

Whether she feels it is professional that a 14-year-old has a column on a national paper's website, and whether promoted Tweets from players regarding Sullivan's cinematic efforts directly after a draw with the bottom-placed club are beneficial to the club's reputation?

The PR guy they employed has left. Can she shed light on why?
Barnet Steve

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 am

What influence does the club have for scheduling of the crossrail engineering works? Was it known to the club that bus services for main lines would be evident the first two seasons?. Has the club given any consideration to minimise the impact for its thousands of fans that travel from Southend- Stratford?
Hugh Jargon II

Postby RichieRiv on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 am

Hugh Jargon II wrote:What influence does the club have for scheduling ofvthe crossrail engineering works? Was it known to the club that bus services for main lines would be evident the first two seasons. Has the club given any consideration to minimise the impact for its thousands of fans that travel from Southend- Stratford?

I tweeted David Gold regarding this (this effects the line up to Norwich as well). I've had no response.

I don't blame the board, this is way out of their control, but as an interest party I would have thought they should have a voice especially considering the rumours that there will be no train service for 50 out of 52 weekends in 2018.
RichieRiv

Postby screech on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:59 am

why do the club release the figures for tickets sold as the match day attendance figures?
is it to make the club feel better for papering over the cracks of all the empty white seats showing around the ground?

what are the clubs views on away supporters sitting in the home end wearing their club colours?
supposedly they were to be ejected but they still continue to appear, are they not ejected as that would go into the figures of stadium ejections and have a negative effect on the increased capacity?
screech

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:09 am

Do you miss Carlton? 8-)
somerset-hammer

Postby Porkeyes on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:24 am

It seems you want to be regarded as a proper "world class" outfit so is there any chance you and your mates can start treating your fans with respect like the other clubs do. Sorting out cheap trains for the longer journeys for £10 like Spurs,Arsenal & Chelsea do would be a great start with the hardcore fanbase?
Porkeyes

Postby Hammer.CA on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:22 am

Porkeyes wrote:It seems you want to be regarded as a proper "world class" outfit so is there any chance you and your mates can start treating your fans with respect like the other clubs do. Sorting out cheap trains for the longer journeys for £10 like Spurs,Arsenal & Chelsea do would be a great start with the hardcore fanbase?

If I may I'd like to answer on behalf of the board, NO.
Hammer.CA

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:28 am

can you ask when we can go home please ??
psychoscoredthelot

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion