Meeting with the Vice Chair

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:28 am

can you ask when we can go home please ??
User avatar
psychoscoredthelot
 
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Ben on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:38 am

Colours, let's say someone confirms it could be dug down like city has been (although expensive and time consuming I imagine) how would you convert for the athletics each year?
that's the bigger problem.

on another note I completely agree about getting proper astro turf, the green rug is an embarrassment and an injury waiting to happen, kept getting shot down about it not being important but it's a small and fairly cheap thing to sort for some multi millionaires
User avatar
Ben
 
Posts: 12583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:51 am

the green rug should be in our colours
User avatar
psychoscoredthelot
 
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Nesticles on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:52 am

Ben wrote:Colours, let's say someone confirms it could be dug down like city has been (although expensive and time consuming I imagine) how would you convert for the athletics each year?
that's the bigger problem.


The only way to make it truly fit for purpose (as a proper football stadium) would be to knock it all down and to start again.

Having seating where the current running track is would be a non-starter, imo. I have sat in row 16 behind the goals when it has rained, and you do get rain on you that far back (state of the art roof apparently). If retractable seating was installed, the paying punters in that area would get soaked every time it rained. The roof does not offer enough protection, and the distance between the stands to the pitch is huge as we have all seen.

Imo, the retractable seating was a flat out lie. It could never be achieved, and our owners have shafted us.
https://twitter.com/WHUFC_News/status/8 ... 0031896577
User avatar
Nesticles
 
Posts: 3701
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 am

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Porkeyes wrote:It seems you want to be regarded as a proper "world class" outfit so is there any chance you and your mates can start treating your fans with respect like the other clubs do. Sorting out cheap trains for the longer journeys for £10 like Spurs,Arsenal & Chelsea do would be a great start with the hardcore fanbase?

This is one thing that the supporter representatives should be raising, our fanbase is no longer around Newham. Club coaches presumably drop off by the OS(?). Could they pick up and drop off in Essex, a couple of places? For distant away games could the club organise special trains, as other clubs do.

Will the club support the £20 is plenty campaign for away tickets?

What is the club's official view on safe standing and the experiments in Scotland? Is this entirely within the stadium operator's remit to install and operate?

Can the concourse TVs show the early kick off to encourage early arrivals. Can they also show the game whilst it is going on.

I realise that the toilet design is fixed but are there plans to remodel so that there is a separate entrance and exit instead of the farce where people need to force their way out through the crowd trying to get in.
User avatar
Hampshire Hammer
 
Posts: 8345
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Somewhere south of sanity

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Alfiehammer on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Captain Slaphead wrote:1. Ignoring those on extended-deals, how many STH have actually renewed for 2017-18 ?

2. Of those, what percentage have requested a re-location ?

3. (Expecting the answer to Q2 to be > 50%) How does this square with the "most successful migration in the history of the universe"?




No ones had a chance to request a relocation yet?
User avatar
Alfiehammer
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:38 am
Location: Tunbridge wells

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby hammer1975 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Knowing what you now know what one thing would you change about the migration?

Where do you want us to be in 5 years time and has the Stadium migration and this season impacted that?

David Gold recently implied that if 86% of West Ham fans wanted him gone then he'd go. What would be the equivalent percentage for yourself? :wink:

Is there anything that can be done to bring the walk from the train station to 'life'. Irrespective of distance it is a life sapping trudge which detracts from the experience of a home game. Maybe some food stalls etc could be nearer the station?
User avatar
hammer1975
 
Posts: 7702
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:16 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Alfiehammer on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:01 pm

I know this isn't aauestion as much as an idea/ proposal (although it can easily be worded as a question) but


Is there any way initiative can be launched that makes X number of games attended per season ticket asa minimum. Others can debate or argue this one and a clause could be inserted for long term illness etc, but if someone with a season ticket fails to attend, say, 80% of home matches , the should not be allowed to renew.

Having spent 90% of the season next to a good7/8 empty seats on my left, it's not helped the atmosphere up where I sit...
User avatar
Alfiehammer
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:38 am
Location: Tunbridge wells

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby frankiemac on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 pm

i doubt she will answer anything outside of what was minuted at your previous meeting

team affairs, budgeted spending, the managers position will not be on the agenda...
User avatar
frankiemac
 
Posts: 7110
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:04 am
Location: up norf

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Knighter10WHU on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:24 pm

1. Another vote for having the screens turned on, both for the other games being shown on TV and for our game live. Open up the concourse before and after games so that people can watch it in the ground, sell more beer etc etc.

2. Can we move all daytrippers up to the upper tiers behind the screens?

3. Can we open up the TBL to season ticket holders from next year, encourage a singing section from there round to the east stand by the corner flag?

4. Another request for more "Westhamification" on the lead up to the ground. I am also in favour of a fan park if it is a goer.
User avatar
Knighter10WHU
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Berkshire.

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby DODGYDAL on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:34 pm

I second the question around shelving there is none in the BML and I am not talking just by the screen I mean in the actual concourse itself. Also would like to know the situation regarding toilets there are more female khazis near 152 than there are mens.
User avatar
DODGYDAL
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:14 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Diogenes wrote:With respect UtJ, how are you going to cut these questions down and prioritise the most important to raise?

Well, I generally take a look back at the thread/s a couple of days ahead of the meeting and select the most popular questions along with some of those which are particularly pertinent and/or those I recognise will gain a worthwhile response.

frankiemac wrote:i doubt she will answer anything outside of what was minuted at your previous meeting

The agenda was ours to decide, franks. Hence why we went through every point of KUMB's ten-point plan. I've no reason to believe this will be any different.
User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
 
Posts: 47593
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:03 am

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Overchuffed on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Row X wrote:Can we get the concourse TV's to show the game again.... was a stupid idea to switch them off in the first place.

Up the Junction wrote:That was down to a member of the SAB, who specifically requested it. I couldn't understand it either.


Probably that plank whos in bed with C&H
User avatar
Overchuffed
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Overchuffed on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:18 pm

This may have already been said but - Shelving in the concourses.??
I'm sure this was promised by KB but i am yet to see any.

Trying to juggle a pie, a beer and read the programme is impossible if you haven't got in super early to get one of the tiny slots underneath the stairs to rest your pint on!
User avatar
Overchuffed
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby morganwhu on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:33 pm

UTJ

Do any 'controversial' questions ever get fielded or is it generally a very sanitised event with pre-selected questions and speakers?
User avatar
morganwhu
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: EC3

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Beavis Danzig on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 pm

morganwhu wrote:UTJ

Do any 'controversial' questions ever get fielded or is it generally a very sanitised event with pre-selected questions and speakers?


as pinky said last time around, it's not the first question that's important; that can be spun, evaded or contorted however the person answering it feels like, it's the follow up question.

suffice to say, there are no follow up questions.
User avatar
Beavis Danzig
 
Posts: 2898
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:12 pm
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Big George on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:
as pinky said last time around, it's not the first question that's important; that can be spun, evaded or contorted however the person answering it feels like, it's the follow up question.

suffice to say, there are no follow up questions.


I think UtJ meeting is a different gravy from the SAB. They seemed to be keen to engage with fan media but sadly not fan groups in the SAB. (that's not a dig, just my assessment of the situation)
Last edited by Big George on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Big George
 
Posts: 9063
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: http://www.whuisa.org/

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Diogenes on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks for clarifying that UtJ. Seems a sensible plan.
User avatar
Diogenes
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby Colours never run on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Ben wrote:Colours, let's say someone confirms it could be dug down like city has been (although expensive and time consuming I imagine) how would you convert for the athletics each year?
that's the bigger problem.

on another note I completely agree about getting proper astro turf, the green rug is an embarrassment and an injury waiting to happen, kept getting shot down about it not being important but it's a small and fairly cheap thing to sort for some multi millionaires




Cross that bridge should we come to it. The main question that would need answering is if it's a possibility of not, then go from there. Hypothetically speaking though, I feel sure the Fans would be understanding of a cost and time it would take to get it done if it got the desired affect. With regards to Athletics, I wouldn't be surprised to see them jettisoned once the world champs and a few more events have been and gone. Who knows other than engineers and the like if it couldn't still be incorporated still.

I also couldn't agree more about the eye-sore green felt that should be covered with Astro turf a la Rugby World Cup. They couldn't even get that right.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 6202
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Meeting with the Vice Chair

Postby mushy on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Row X wrote:Can we get the concourse TV's to show the game again.... was a stupid idea to switch them off in the first place.

Up the Junction wrote:That was down to a member of the SAB, who specifically requested it. I couldn't understand it either.


I understand it fully, lets get one daft idea from the SAB, implement it, let it look like the board are listening to the fans, then it when it all goes tits up turn round and use it as an example of how supporter representation doesnt work.
As an example, the migration is one of the biggest concerns for myself and many others who have been given poor seats despite being persuaded to upgrade.
Despite writing upwards of 20 of emails to the club asking them what I can do about this, I never got a single reply. This is because its a difficult issue that they do not really want to address.
Whereas switching a few TV's off is an easy win, as is putting in a few shelves for people to put their beer on.
The overall feeling coming out of the club right now is that they don't give a s*it about anything unless it makes money.
The fanbase is constantly being treated with contempt and I cannot see the toothless SAB changing any of that.
mushy
 
Posts: 10661
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Kumb Poster of the year 2009

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], IronworksDave, mrichbell, MSNbot Media and 21 guests