Pre Season Friendly Thread ....

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Pre Season Friendly Thread ....

Postby sanchoz on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 pm

*checks match report to see if anyone got injured*

Nope all good. Onto the best game.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Ben on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:the highlight for me was watching a grown man work himself into a right state over a pre-season kickabout.

Who was that?

Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby Lord Zoltan on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Does anyone know why Kouyate wasn't involved today?

He has been training there this week with the main squad (not injured), anything to do with that Senegal disaster? or may have taken a knock in training and rested for tonight?

Also Antonio and Carroll watching on bench, Sakho and Reid not.
Lord Zoltan

Postby hammerman11 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Kouyate probably still recovering from his op.

once hart,hernandez and arnie join we will have some squad

looking forward to seeing two beasts out wide antonio and arnie.

we willsurprise a few teams this year back to 2015/16 standard hopefully
hammerman11

Postby BonzosBoots on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:the highlight for me was watching a grown man work himself into a right state over a pre-season kickabout.

I think "grown man" is purely speculation.
BonzosBoots

Postby Hamburger on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:
the highlight for me was watching a grown man work himself into a right state over a pre-season kickabout.

Get real guys, a pre-season kickabout for professionals against a team in the 3rd tier with an average age of 20? If you don't think that's under achieving then God help us if we don't recruit anyone decent this window. Do you think they deserve a well done pat on the back? We should have won easily with the team hopping on one leg. Making excuses is ridiculous, do you think Sturm Graz had their strongest team out too and trying their hearts out? Pre-season works both ways. Did we just turned up today without training with each other for a week? I hope it was a blip and we can somehow improve considerably in our next match but from what I saw today, there's been no improvement in football or attitude and no positives to take away.
Last edited by Hamburger on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hamburger

Postby Kialos on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Nothing can be assessed from this, it is just a kickabout at this stage.

From memory we had a storming pre season under Avram Grant and look how that ended up!
Kialos

Postby fjthegrey on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:27 pm

We're doomed aren't we Hamburger. ****ing doomed.

Looked like a team of guys who have done double sessions all week, trained this morning and were almost certainly told to take it easy and not pick up any knocks.

Shambles as you say. No positives at all. I don't even reckon they got any fitness out of it either.
fjthegrey

Postby fjthegrey on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Sorry.

-
-

There.
fjthegrey

Postby BonzosBoots on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 pm

Did I just read the words "God help us" after our first pre-season game where we played 2 halves with different teams after 2.5 weeks training. In a game that did not feature Antonio & Koyoute (I'll give you Carroll as potentially irrelevant)?

God help us.
BonzosBoots

Postby e17 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:46 pm

Kialos wrote:Nothing can be assessed from this, it is just a kickabout at this stage.

From memory we had a storming pre season under Avram Grant and look how that ended up!

Hitzelspberger looked like the second coming of Sir Trev and they were banging them in for fun

Then the season kicked off & we played Aston Villa
e17

Postby WCpete on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Sturm Graz aren't in the 3rd tier, btw. They finished 3rd in the Austria's top league and they're in the Europa league. That aside, you need to step back from the edge Hamburger. It's going to be a long, long season for you if you're already in midseason despair. Pace yourself man.
WCpete

Postby WCpete on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 pm

BonzosBoots wrote:Did I just read the words "God help us" after our first pre-season game where we played 2 halves with different teams after 2.5 weeks training. In a game that did not feature Antonio & Koyoute (I'll give you Carroll as potentially irrelevant)?

God help us.

I might be mistaken, but I think the "God help us" you read wasn't in reference to the match but to some of the subsequent thread comments.
WCpete

Postby Kialos on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 pm

e17 wrote:Hitzelspberger looked like the second coming of Sir Trev and they were banging them in for fun

Then the season kicked off & we played Aston Villa

Yes! It's all coming back to me now................unfortunately :lol:
Kialos

Postby bubbles500 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 pm

I only watched 1st half but thought today clearly showed where our main issues lay.We had numerous chances in 1st half ,tbh the finishing was appalling.And There were 3 or 4 occasions they literally just ran straight through the middle of the park.So as we all know a striker or 2.But I'm disappointed we aren't being linked with a serious DM.I really think this will come back to bite us .Because apart from hart and zaba we really haven't addressed why we conceded 60+ goals last season.And I don't think zaba and hart will make a huge difference in that respect.
bubbles500

Postby RedStar on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 pm

WCpete wrote:Sturm Graz aren't in the 3rd tier, btw. They finished 3rd in the Austria's top league and they're in the Europa league.

This was their Sturm Gratz B team, which competes in Austria's 3rd tier.

Had a privilege of watching the whole game. The most enjoyable moment was Bubbles pre-season friendly rendition by two or three very, very loud guys. The first attack of the game was also great, Fletcher almost scored. The rest was typical pre season with Zabaleta watching from the side while on the field, one scare when an Austrian slided into Masuaku and a lot of blocked Snody's shots... Actually, that didn't feel pre-seasonish. Nothing to report, really - as expected, being the first friendly fhis season.

The team has five more games in Austria and I will probably be able to watch majority of them. If I manage, I will keep you posted.
RedStar

Postby bubbles500 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:08 am

Are we sure that was sturm gratz B .cause all their players are kids between 17-20.
bubbles500

Postby bubbles500 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:12 am

Oh it was the 3rd tier team.Got to love this Bilic comment.

Bilic: "To be fair, we are not scoring enough goals in training at the moment, so it was the same in the game (vs Sturm Graz II)."
bubbles500

Postby Bury Me @ The Boleyn on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 am

bubbles500 wrote: Bilic: "To be fair, we are not scoring enough goals in training at the moment, so it was the same in the game (vs Sturm Graz II)."

I think Slaven might be a little frustrated out striker search is dragging on into late July.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Postby WCpete on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 am

RedStar wrote:Sturm Graz aren't in the 3rd tier, btw. They finished 3rd in the Austria's top league and they're in the Europa league.

This was their Sturm Gratz B team, which competes in Austria's 3rd tier.

Had a privilege of watching the whole game. The most enjoyable moment was Bubbles pre-season friendly rendition by two or three very, very loud guys. The first attack of the game was also great, Fletcher almost scored. The rest was typical pre season with Zabaleta watching from the side while on the field, one scare when an Austrian slided into Masuaku and a lot of blocked Snody's shots... Actually, that didn't feel pre-seasonish. Nothing to report, really - as expected, being the first friendly fhis season.

The team has five more games in Austria and I will probably be able to watch majority of them. If I manage, I will keep you posted.

Ah, I see. In that case....&^^*!@^#^@&#%^@#!!!!
WCpete

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion