Burnley 1-2 West Ham Utd (21/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Stepney

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Utd: Match thread

Post by Stepney »

Queen Victoria or the cricket ground tomorrow? (or maybe both?)
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

Cricket Club for us lot, again. Easy parking but a bitch to get away after the game.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

rciron wrote:
Bloke is stealing a living off us, signed partly for his set piece ability, of which has yet to be seen, his lack of interest and effort when he came on against the mickeys, was truly shocking, should have worn a DickTurpin mask when he came out last at the end for the lap of whatever? Complete and utter scumbag could be a tad harsh, but would deffo go with "lazy, disinterested robbing c*nt" :lol:
Yes I seem to have had a bit of an over the top anti Snodgrass moment yesterday afternoon.
One or two glasses of Rioja can do that

But he's a huge disappointment to say the least - has made no effort at all - except the effort to get himself completely unfit & fat (lager and chip butties can do that)

One of the things I thought he'd bring to the club would be a good attitude and leadership qualities, but he's showing the complete opposite. I wouldn't play him tomorrow and I'd try to get rid (at a loss) in the summer
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

I think you'll see a much improved Snodgrass next season once he has settled in the London area and moved his young family down from Hull.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

Iron George wrote:I think you'll see a much improved Snodgrass next season once he has settled in the London area and moved his young family down from Hull.

The fella is desperate to do well and knows he hasn't hit the ground running this season.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Iron George wrote:I think you'll see a much improved Snodgrass next season once he has settled in the London area and moved his young family down from Hull.

Really? No matter who he will be playing for, what you will see is the same bog standard, bang average, completely omni footed player he has always been. Might, however, look a!right in the Championship, his level
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Really? No matter who he will be playing for, what you will see is the same bog standard, bang average, completely omni footed player he has always been. Might, however, look a!right in the Championship, his level[/quote]

:thup:
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Big tomorrow for the board potential of £12m swing from 10th-16th .pretty obviously won't do bilic any favours if we drop to say 14th .16th seems very unlikely
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Hammer.CA wrote:

:thup:
Forgot to add one paced to my diatribe about him too
Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Bubbles Murray »

Have only driven there before but getting the train tomorrow. Do you think we could get the 17:12 train from Manchester Road if we left at the final whistle?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Bit tight that
Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Bubbles Murray »

the pink palermo wrote:Bit tight that
Cheers PP, was hoping that due to the majority of home fans stopping behind it might be easier. If not got an hour wait for the next train.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I feel much the same about him. I also think coming in midseason, especially for his price tag effectively replacing Payet, is much tougher than starting afresh at the beginning of the season. He showed just what he's all about for Hull at the beginning of this season in a struggling side, so I'm still hopeful he'll improve a lot.

However if he plays much the same way for the 1st half of the season as he already has done whilst with us then it doesn't bode well for us both going forward. It would then have the feel of Luis Boa Morte.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

[
Forgot to add one paced to my diatribe about him too[/quote]

And he can't beat a man.

and the aqueduct....
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Rice to start?
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

So is Rice above Oxford and Burke in the pecking order or is it just that the other two are out on loan?
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

thejackhammer wrote:So is Rice above Oxford and Burke in the pecking order or is it just that the other two are out on loan?
I think the latter but he is highly rated anyway.

Hopefully the lad does well today.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The pies are decent at Burnley , but as for their football I reckon they were by far the worst team to visit us this season .I thought they let themselves down badly with poor gamesmanship , but hopefully we won't sink to that level at their place .

Turf Moor is a proper old football ground in a grim Northern town, the sort of place they still have someone carrying a red warning flag in front of cars .

Above all today I just want to see us play some neat football , the final trip of the season with all of us on our holidays until it starts again in June on foreign soil
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Bubbles Murray wrote:Have only driven there before but getting the train tomorrow. Do you think we could get the 17:12 train from Manchester Road if we left at the final whistle?
No
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

thejackhammer wrote:So is Rice above Oxford and Burke in the pecking order or is it just that the other two are out on loan?
I'd say it's because the other two are still technically out on loan.
But this situation makes me question our loan policy - as I've been doing in the youth development thread

This would have been a perfect match for some of our better youngsters, but it seems we've got at least 4 unavailable even though they aren't playing anywhere else today :eh: