Watford sack mazzarri

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Watford sack mazzarri

Postby fmgod on Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 pm

I want to criticise it but bizarrely it has worked for them,

Promoted sacked/contract disrput
Prem stayed up
Prem stayed uo

It looks like madness but it seems to work for them, the state Deeney was in the other night belly wise was a disgrace
fmgod

Postby ereford ammer on Wed May 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Watford really think they are a big club and will sack any manager that does not put them in the top 8. Hopefully they will go down next season.
ereford ammer

Postby pharaoh on Wed May 17, 2017 6:46 pm

ereford ammer wrote:Watford really think they are a big club and will sack any manager that does not put them in the top 8. Hopefully they will go down next season.

I got what you are saying but as stated there also seems to be other issues with the bloke. Should they keep him despite not being able to control his own players or even communicate to them in the same language? I'm not one for sacking managers every time something goes wrong but these days, with the money involved it's even more important to be competent at your job (one that pays very well BTW).

I suppose most managers know they'll be sacked sooner or later and most are offered lucrative contracts from other clubs after just receiving a payout for not doing very well somewhere else (Moyes for example). I bet most on here would be happy to get a year's plus salary for being sacked then in a few weeks or so be offered a similar job with even better pay?

I don't really feel it's good for the game as a whole, we had a good record with managers up to Lyall, which I was proud of, but most managers have little affiliation with their clubs like he did. Even Bilic was here only 18 months, in which time he strode off to Everton when they put in a bid.

As for Watford, each season they are on the PL is really a bonus for them, I can't see them lasting more than 2-3 seasons at most before it is Championship for a while longer…whoever is their manager.
pharaoh

Postby hammer1975 on Wed May 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Hear from a Watford supporting mate that he'd expressed that he had no desire to learn English. Maybe he didn't expect to be there long.
hammer1975

Postby Doc H Ball on Wed May 17, 2017 7:48 pm

To be fair to the bloke, he could have spent all his time having English lessons and he'd still be no closer to communicating with Deeney.
Doc H Ball

Postby kayahammer on Thu May 18, 2017 1:03 am

I know a couple of Watford supporters. They're just happy to be in the premier league TBH
kayahammer

Postby Jumby on Fri May 19, 2017 1:53 am

Strange club
Jumby

Postby chigwells finest on Fri May 19, 2017 9:35 am

kayahammer wrote:I know a couple of Watford supporters. They're just happy to be in the premier league TBH

as are about 12 of the clubs outside top 8
chigwells finest

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Fri May 19, 2017 9:55 am

Jumby wrote:Strange club

arent they just

i reckon its cos there in no mans land - not northeners and not southerners either
psychoscoredthelot

Postby vind on Fri May 19, 2017 1:59 pm

My chiropracter is the physio for their under 23s and he had said it was not a happy camp for some time, but they still managed to survive and spanked us once
vind

Postby WestHamIFC on Sat May 27, 2017 2:26 pm

What a coup for Watford! I'm surprised 'cos surely Silva could have got a far better job. Even Crystal Palace with Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye, etc. Hornets fans must be over-the-moon:

"Marco Silva: Watford appoint former Hull boss as new manager"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40066015
WestHamIFC

Postby claretcloggy on Sat May 27, 2017 2:48 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:
i reckon its cos there in no mans land - not northeners and not southerners either

wait so Watford..just, just north of london is NOT considered part of southern england?
claretcloggy

Postby warp on Sat May 27, 2017 4:01 pm

^ it's right on the "up norf" border Image
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Rocketron on Sat May 27, 2017 4:13 pm

claretcloggy wrote:wait so Watford..just, just north of london is NOT considered part of southern england?

Only by Londoners . :wink:
Rocketron

Postby claretcloggy on Sat May 27, 2017 4:18 pm

warp wrote:^ it's right on the "up norf" border Image

lol I remember going to a wedding in Bedford and seeing a sign simply stating THE NORTH :lol: made me think of Game of Thrones
claretcloggy

Postby WestHamIFC on Sat May 27, 2017 4:21 pm

claretcloggy wrote:wait so Watford..just, just north of london is NOT considered part of southern england?

Think he's getting 'Watford' confused with 'The Watford Gap' in Northamptonshire - traditionally considered the boundary of the North/South divide.
WestHamIFC

Postby claretcloggy on Sat May 27, 2017 4:44 pm

WestHamIFC wrote:
Think he's getting 'Watford' confused with 'The Watford Gap' in Northamptonshire - traditionally considered the boundary of the North/South divide.

gotya, thanks for the info :)
claretcloggy

Postby Roby on Sat May 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Watford did well to get Silva.

I thought he was on his way to the Saints if they sacked Puel or maybe even Palace.

Glad we kept Slav though.
Roby

Postby Jumby on Mon May 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Not that it's really a big deal but despite all of these managerial changes they haven't had an English manager since Dyche, five years ago.
Jumby

Postby warp on Mon May 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Jumby wrote:Not that it's really a big deal but despite all of these managerial changes they haven't had an English manager since Dyche, five years ago.

didn't you want to give bilic a five year contract? :D
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion