Retrospective diving bans from next season?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Retrospective diving bans from next season?

Postby simon hammer on Thu May 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Up the Junction wrote:Two-match retrospective ban to be introduced next season. Confirmed by FA.

Costa gets Chelsea a match winning penalty against Spurs by diving, gets banned for two games against Brighton and Swansea and is back after a nice rest to face Arsenal.

And all he had to do was work out when he could try it on according to the fixture list.
simon hammer

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Thu May 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Will be interesting to see who joins the panel. In an ideal world the ex-referee would stay consistent, but the ex manager and ex player would change monthly, or rotate

Be interesting to see if they name who is actually on the this panel?

Its a start.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu May 18, 2017 5:30 pm

simon hammer wrote:
Costa gets Chelsea a match winning penalty against Spurs by diving, gets banned for two games against Brighton and Swansea and is back after a nice rest to face Arsenal.

And all he had to do was work out when he could try it on according to the fixture list.

Humans are not overly rational, I very much doubt the upcoming fixture list will be going through a players mind during the split second decision as to whether to dive or not (which may, in itself, be a sub-conscious decision anyway in some cases)

Of course, a player may decide before a game starts that this is one where a dive may not be the end of the world (given the fixture list), but i seriously doubt it would ever actually pan out like that in reality
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Metal Hammer on Thu May 18, 2017 5:37 pm

I hear Vardy is off to China :D
Metal Hammer

Postby warp on Thu May 18, 2017 6:17 pm

if the refs started growing a pair and did their job, there would be no need of this.

if the refs are **** and can't cut it, the fix is to still use them, but along with some potentially biased individuals? maybe the same ****ers that say "there was contact, so he was entitled to go down"?
errr...
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Sauce! on Thu May 18, 2017 6:50 pm

If it had been in place last season Lineker would have kept his pants on.
Sauce!

Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.

Postby OFT on Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Sauce! wrote:If it had been in place last season Lineker would have kept his pants on.

:D

This ain't going to work is it,, a panel deciding who dived and who was fouled??

West Ham/Stoke/West Brom etc.etc. player gets sliced in two, = retrospective ban.

Deli Ali, J Vardy, W Zaha etc. do the dying swan, extra match points awarded for artistic impression.

**** S
OFT

Postby szola on Thu May 18, 2017 7:34 pm

there is only one sensible way of tackling the issue of diving

video replays w/4th officals deciding if the incident was a dive or not.

the players wage for that week would be donated to the charity of his choice, if it was a dive.
szola

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu May 18, 2017 7:42 pm

OFT wrote:
This ain't going to work is it,, a panel deciding who dived and who was fouled??

West Ham/Stoke/West Brom etc.etc. player gets sliced in two, = retrospective ban.

Deli Ali, J Vardy, W Zaha etc. do the dying swan, extra match points awarded for artistic impression.

**** S

Why woukd Zaha (who plays for Palace) get preferental treatment over west ham/ stoke/ wba players?
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby OFT on Thu May 18, 2017 7:43 pm

I assumed he was playing for spurs next season..... :o
OFT

Postby RichieRiv on Thu May 18, 2017 8:15 pm

The cynic in me thinks that this is designed the create more controversy so that Gary and his mates, Sky Sports News and the back pages of newspapers have got more to debate, hence promoting product BPL.
RichieRiv

Postby Macca1973 on Thu May 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Exactly the same as the 'respect the ref' rule at the start of this season! Depends whose shirt the player is wearing, Man Utd and Chelsea can still constantly harangue the ref and we get charged with failing to control our players. No way players like Hazard, Aguero, Sanchez are gonna be charged retrospectively, it'll be the Lanzini's that get it and the powers that be can say 'look how we're stamping it out' :thdn:
Macca1973

Postby rsnwhu on Thu May 18, 2017 9:53 pm

For pens and reds, just bring in a video ref like other sports already.
The FA are a sham. The media will love it....more bs to talk about over the weekend....more clicks.....they are shameless with no dignity.

Video ref for pens and reds. Easy.
rsnwhu

Postby Colours never run on Fri May 19, 2017 1:52 am

Long long looooooooong overdue ruling and a day to really celebrate to put real pressure finally on the repeat cheating offenders or any offenders for that matter. This is up there with the goal line technology if implemented properly as it truly spoils the integrity of the game.

And as much as I respect Allardyce as a manager, he's talking out of his fat arse in this instance.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Jumby on Fri May 19, 2017 1:56 am

Wait until we go to Anfield, Lanzini, already on a booking for a nothing foul, skips into their area, gets tripped, ref sends him off for a second yellow and we go on to lose, you just know it will happen to us, nailed on.

I'm angry about something that hasn't even happened :lol:
Jumby

Postby Rays Rock on Fri May 19, 2017 6:59 am

excellent and overdue news this.
I only hope it is implemented strongly. I also hope that there is no appeal process that can weaken the decision makers position. Lets face it, if a player becomes a serial diver and keeps getting suspended the stigma of being a cheat will start to play in him, the manager and the club. This will be a slow burn, with plenty of moaning by whoever is effected. but eventually over enough time the psyche of the players will change and the dive will be eradicated.
Rays Rock

Postby Coops on Fri May 19, 2017 8:14 am

Referees need to start blowing for a kick when there has been a foul on an attacking player but he has stayed on his feet. That will stop some of the diving.

I want to stop cheating as much as everybody else but this is something that will not benefit the team the player has cheated again but will benefit the next team played. If your team misses out on a CL spot or gets relegated because somebody cheated it isn't going to be much of a consolation to know that they will miss games against your rivals in the weeks to come.
Coops

Postby bristolhammerfc on Fri May 19, 2017 8:30 am

The issue for me is:

Ref see's it in a game=Yellow card

Ref doesn't see it=Two game ban

Ref's will be surrounded by players at every tackle now, putting pressure on the ref. You need real time video replays at the game if we are going down this route.
bristolhammerfc

Postby Coops on Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 am

bristolhammerfc wrote:The issue for me is:

Ref see's it in a game=Yellow card

Ref doesn't see it=Two game ban

Ref's will be surrounded by players at every tackle now, putting pressure on the ref. You need real time video replays at the game if we are going down this route.

That is a very good point. The punishment should be the same for the same offense.
Coops

Postby Billydinho on Fri May 19, 2017 8:47 am

This is just going to make the 'well there was contact' excuse even more prevalent.
Billydinho

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion