From the Treatment Room

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: From the Treatment Room

Postby libero on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:54 pm

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote:
Come on..you always come across as a smart guy. Do you really think these pictures - of ice baths and players using basic equipment for what is a likely a warm up session - are really indicative of any wider issues?

I was being slightly tongue in cheek, but the proof of the pudding will be seen in August/September especially, but throughout the season too.

I have a good friend who's a professional physio and over the years I have often tried his patience droning on about West Ham's injury/fitness woes. His take is that while the installations, equipment, technology are useful tools, the crucial factor will always be the expertise of the professionals involved. And he works at a club where they think 2/3 players out is an injury crisis!

Stijn's results were a clear sign that he wasn't achieving what he was employed to do, no matter whether he has a great CV and was a lovely bloke (apparently)

Now he's been replaced with new expertise (logically in my opinion) and we'll see what happens under the new guys. My worry is that, while it was a good call to change the medical team, Slav still has his ancient fitness coach in place, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out.

And thanks for the "smart guy" comment - I showed it to my youngest son and he hasn't stopped laughing all morning :P
libero

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Agree with all of that (even if I do think you should maybe ban yourself from discussing it *quite* so often for the good of your blood pressure).

It is laughable that some people think using basic equipment = a damning indictment of the training regimen. God knows what the reaction would be to a sleeveless, shinpadless Lanzini that was posted on Twitter earlier :shock:
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby HammerMan2004 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:15 pm

http://www.claretandhugh.info/former-ha ... us-injury/

Just for shits and giggles.

Tore out for another four months. We stopped paying his £60,000 a week wages at the end of June. What an extraordinary waste of money that was.

That's what, about £5.5million for 8 appearances?
HammerMan2004

Postby YorksHammer on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:18 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote:http://www.claretandhugh.info/former-hammer-diagnosed-with-serious-injury/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just for shits and giggles.

Tore out for another four months. We stopped paying his £60,000 a week wages at the end of June. What an extraordinary waste of money that was.

That's what, about £5.5million for 8 appearances?

Hardly his or our medical department's fault if he got clattered in training though, is it? Completely unforeseen.
YorksHammer

Postby HammerMan2004 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Of course, wasn't trying to lay blame to our medical team. Just couldn't see a reason to start a new thread about him and it involved an injury. Still money down the drain.
HammerMan2004

Postby wildkard on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Some of our problems stem from players saying they are ok to come back from injury when they are not. The lower end medical staff would say "I don't think you are ok, not quite yet", the player then would moan to Stijn Vandenbroucke. He'd say "if you think you're ok, you're ok. Slav, that player isn't injured any more, cash him in". Cue pulled hamstring or whatever. Of course he was under pressure to bring players back as soon as possible, but not keeping them out long enough was a major problem.
wildkard

Postby spod on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 am

wildkard wrote:Some of our problems stem from players saying they are ok to come back from injury when they are not. The lower end medical staff would say "I don't think you are ok, not quite yet", the player then would moan to Stijn Vandenbroucke. He'd say "if you think you're ok, you're ok. Slav, that player isn't injured any more, cash him in". Cue pulled hamstring or whatever. Of course he was under pressure to bring players back as soon as possible, but not keeping them out long enough was a major problem.

Wasn't there a story about Antonio being unhappy about being rushed back from injury last season? Maybe it's not always the players' fault.
spod

Postby djclipz on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:16 am

More pictures of footballers sat in bins please. :D
djclipz

Postby hammerleroy on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:05 am

Could there be a compensation claim coming from Besiktas re Tore? Wouldn't surprise me at all. :)
hammerleroy

Postby ageing hammer on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 am

djclipz wrote:More pictures of footballers sat in bins please. :D

Suits Snodgrass he's rubbish
ageing hammer

Postby StevePottsGoalsReel on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:28 pm

djclipz wrote:More pictures of footballers sat in bins please.

ageing hammer wrote:Suits Snodgrass he's rubbish

Even better fit for that grumpy little Brazilian who used to play for Chelsea. :wink:
StevePottsGoalsReel

Postby SiamHammer on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:50 pm

DDHammer wrote:re; Llewelyn

And if nothing else at least he'll sort out the Changing Rooms.

Pissed myself at that :lol:
SiamHammer

Postby YorksHammer on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:37 am

djclipz wrote:More pictures of footballers sat in bins please. :D

Francis Coquelin:

Theo Walcott:

YorksHammer

Previous

Return to General Discussion