From the Treatment Room

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

From the Treatment Room

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Thu May 18, 2017 2:02 pm

WHUFC OS injury update

Noble, Reid and Kouyate have had operations, Antonio and Obiang progressing well, Sakho donald ducked. Again.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Re: From the Treatment Room

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Thu May 18, 2017 2:13 pm

'Sakho will return back in June for the start of next season'....where he will not play again....

Crazy.
Cockneyboy311

Postby kitthehammer on Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Are we to assume from this that carroll is "fit" then?
Not that i would bother playing him against burnley, although it should be noted that the difference between 9th and 16th is about £14million and could actually pay for all of our season tickets, or a decent player.
kitthehammer

Postby kitthehammer on Thu May 18, 2017 2:19 pm

i mean halve the cost of our season tickets.
kitthehammer

Postby DDHammer on Thu May 18, 2017 2:24 pm

kitthehammer wrote:Are we to assume from this that carroll is "fit" then?
Not that i would bother playing him against burnley, although it should be noted that the difference between 9th and 16th is about £14million and could actually pay for all of our season tickets, or a decent player.

Unfortunately we've got -6 goal difference to make up on Bournemouth to even have a sniff at 10th. Leicester have 2 games left to play so realistically we're looking at 12th-16th.
DDHammer

Postby kitthehammer on Thu May 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Either way, no team really has the excuse to be "on holiday" before the season ends when you are looking at several million quid coming into the club.
kitthehammer

Postby libero on Thu May 18, 2017 3:07 pm

From the Treatment room is top quality comedy - or is it science fiction/fantasy?

All the physios are excellent. everything's always going well, the players are all "top professionals" - and yet we never have fewer than 8 players injured - or just when they are "fit to return", they suffer a "setback" and Winston and Nobes both have injuries Stijn hasn't even seen before

The best bit from this hilarious article is when our ironically named "Head of Medical and Sports Science" reveals the following beaut:

"Pedro Obiang is a top professional and is working with our top physio Frazer Young on his rehab on his knee and he is on schedule to return for the start of pre-season"

But Obiang has been out with an ankle injury he picked up against Leicester!!! Which means "top physio Frazer Young" has either managed to extend Pedro's injury from his ankle to his knee, or more probably was playing truant from Top Physio School when they were teaching the unit "the top ten differences between the ankle and the knee"

I'm laughing at it all now, but it's very worrying that we seem to have one of the least competent fitness and medical science teams in modern sport.

Before signing aged players on their last legs like Defoe and Zabaleta in the summer, we need to have a medical/fitness team that knows something about keeping them fit for a couple of seasons - otherwise the same thing will happen to them as has happened to Fonte and Snodgrass - 2 players who look to have aged around 5 years in the six months they've been at West Ham
Last edited by libero on Thu May 18, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
libero

Postby Marky on Thu May 18, 2017 3:09 pm

I do wonder if this guy is useless. We over the last few years seem to have a huge amount of injuries for the amount of games that we play.
Marky

Postby kitthehammer on Thu May 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Marky wrote:I do wonder if this guy is useless. We over the last few years seem to have a huge amount of injuries for the amount of games that we play.

I'm more inclined to question the coach's required fitness levels for the players.
kitthehammer

Postby mushy on Thu May 18, 2017 3:42 pm

kitthehammer wrote:Either way, no team really has the excuse to be "on holiday" before the season ends when you are looking at several million quid coming into the club.

Except to say, why would the players worry about that, unless their wages/bonus were league position based?
mushy

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Thu May 18, 2017 4:15 pm

kitthehammer wrote:Either way, no team really has the excuse to be "on holiday" before the season ends when you are looking at several million quid coming into the club.

I'd question the Wenger et al suggestions that we were on holiday against the Scouse; rather we were cr*p. You could question the wisdom of allowing 2, now 3, key players being allowed elective surgery just before the end of the season.
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby ageing hammer on Thu May 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Ogbonna, Noble, Antonio, Reid, Kouyate, Carroll, Sakho, Obiang, Tore,Masuaku, Byram, Ayew,Cresswell

All had or have injuries that required surgery or out long term.

Something is not right in our club.
ageing hammer

Postby Exiledin cardiff on Thu May 18, 2017 4:52 pm

May be we should change the tread to "Who's available to play"

with all the injuries we have is this the abridged version JBB
Exiledin cardiff

Postby HighWycombeHammer on Thu May 18, 2017 4:56 pm

With Carroll's history I would of thought they would of said 'he is back training with the squad' as they do for all other players.

Maybe they are getting board of saying the same thing with him and just want to forget him and his season...
HighWycombeHammer

Postby johnnyb on Thu May 18, 2017 5:24 pm

I'd guess right now that hardly any of Noble, Kouyate, Reid, Antonio, Obiang, Carroll and Sakho will be fit to start pre-season training on time and that several of them will not be fit for when the season starts. Its the West Ham way.
johnnyb

Postby PC Hammer on Thu May 18, 2017 7:26 pm

As a physio myself i have been surprised at some of the comments coming from the treatment room.

How Antonio came back as early as he did was beyond me and a number of other physios i spoke to. I saw the man get the injury and come off with a clear hamstring injury which suggest 4-6 weeks in anyone's book. The fella has now had surgery which suggests he was not fit to return and so made his injury worse than it should have been.

Sakho must have a significant back problem since he also has had surgery but it has not been named by the club. I would be surprised to see the man play for us again.

The history of Andy Carroll and his injury woes tell me there is something else going on not connected with the physical aspect of his absence.

As for Mark Noble well he has certainly put his body on the line for the club in playing through with a significant injury. However this suggests that there is a problem in declaring fitness to the medical team or that team cannot spot when a player is (slightly) injured.

How good are our facilities....??? Why have we had so many significant injuries...? Is our medical team good enough....? Are our players being honest with the medical team...? These are all questions that need to be answered before next season or history will just keep on repeating itself.
PC Hammer

Postby Marky on Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Good post. Deserves to be on the home page.
Marky

Postby GreenIron on Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 pm

[quote="libero"]Obiang has been out with an ankle injury he picked up against Leicester!!! Which means "top physio Frazer Young" has either managed to extend Pedro's injury from his ankle to his knee, or more probably was playing truant from Top Physio School when they were teaching the unit "the top ten differences between the ankle and the knee"

:lol:
GreenIron

Postby dodger on Thu May 18, 2017 11:47 pm

The number of times in that treatment room article the bloke says one of his fellow medical staff members are 'top' or 'skilled' is comedy gold. Suggests to me they are genuinely worried about their job and so are trying to big themselves up.

Probably not a good idea then to admit you were never even aware such injuries to two of our players existed before they happened...
dodger

Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Postby only1post on Fri May 19, 2017 7:59 am

With the possible new arrivals of Sturridge & Wilshere you can bet on one thing.
These guys are going to need a bigger room.
only1post

Next

Return to General Discussion